• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Game - Commentary Announcement

Barnes is a bloated gasbag, but having the southern hemisphere guys in there is pretty cool, I shall be choosing them.

I like the Skysports commentators,they not as biased as the welsh commentators!!

I like the Skysports commentators,they not as biased as the welsh commentators!!
What!!! Sky commentators are so biased,whenever they are showing an english club vs. an irish one they are anyway

Great news though,pity you have to rebooth the game. So is it like on Fifa where you choose your language everytime you turn on the game?

I'd love to listen to the french speaking english....still will give it a couple of goes!ha

What!!! Sky commentators are so biased,whenever they are showing an english club vs. an irish one they are anyway
Ok seems like evevryone hates them here but from the international matches I've watched against England they seem pretty unbiased to me unlike the Welsh!!!! Can't really comment on the club matches cause I hardly watch NH club matches

Good call with commentators, will use them all, not in a Tri-nations thou, let's get this game turned on.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Not Barnes :p (Rant over)

Well i'm loving the fact that we have options, certainly a big point me thinks :D Wonder if they have "unique lines" or all generic stuff in different accents :p Thats where all the money's gone then obvious ;) ;) (Jokes, awesome news)

I hate Stuart Barnes but then again at least it aint Brian Moore

Don't suppose there's any chance of comments from the studio from George Hook? :p

Just as an added piece of info.
You will be able to hear all of these commentators in the demo when it releases.

There is a language select when you boot up the game:

English Text - with Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes
French Text - with Eric Bayle and Phillipe Sella
English Text - with Greg Clark and Sean Fitzpatrick
Italian Text - with Miles Harrison and Stuart Barnes (sorry no Italian Commentators)

So those are the combinations and the text languages in our game. As AJ says you will need to switch languages whenever you boot a new game if you wish to cycle between the different commentators.

Switching on the fly in-game is something we put serious consideration into but due to the way our commentary system works we had to make the decision to only make the change at boot.

As for whether the commentators all say the same lines, to some degree they do but they do put they mostly their own unique spin on it. I must say the commentary sounds fantastic and having an additional set of commentators is a big plus and something we really hope appeals to our fans down under.

honestly i dont care whos in the commentary box i just hope the commentary sounds natural and not motion activated... i hope they give background on top players on the field and little history lessons... and comment on stregthes and weaknesses of player along with whats going on in the game... lets hope they take a page out of NBA 2k11 and madden Comentary.

Looks like the Aussie commentary for me, like Harrison's commentary but not Barnes for obvious reasons.

honestly i dont care whos in the commentary box i just hope the commentary sounds natural and not motion activated... i hope they give background on top players on the field and little history lessons... and comment on stregthes and weaknesses of player along with whats going on in the game... lets hope they take a page out of NBA 2k11 and madden Comentary.

They shouldn't take any page out of Madden's commentary. It's absolutely terrible.

They shouldn't take any page out of Madden's commentary. It's absolutely terrible.

Indeed, Fifa has probably the most fluid (havent played NBA/NHL) ive seen in a game.

I hate to bring it up, but Rugby Challenge has possibly the worst commentary ever in a video game ever. Madden is terrible too, but just not quite as bad.

Indeed, Fifa has probably the most fluid (havent played NBA/NHL) ive seen in a game.

I hate to bring it up, but Rugby Challenge has possibly the worst commentary ever in a video game ever. Madden is terrible too, but just not quite as bad.

NHL is poor too, features two guys that, despite being well known in the Sport there haven't commentated for a long time. I'll ask our North American friends to confirm it. Even after that it gets repetitive very fast so I tend to just have music on while I play it.

NHL is poor too, features two guys that, despite being well known in the Sport there haven't commentated for a long time. I'll ask our North American friends to confirm it. Even after that it gets repetitive very fast so I tend to just have music on while I play it.

Gary Thorn and Bill Clement...........typical US based.

Don Cherry, Bob Cole.......to bad the late great Ed Whelan can't do it.....

I for the most part play with the sound off or low, and music playing.

Commentary is very very low on my list of check boxes for sports games.

As Olyy said Clark and Fitz are really good and I mean good, really enjoyed listening to them. Barnes is however a bore.

@kusta ... good trolling.

I'm really happy with the commentators but i would of loved jonathan davies :L

Indeed like J.Davies! Gets excited and knows his stuff.

Latest posts