• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rwc 2011

Taylo2

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Leicester
Hey, not seen a post like this, if there is im sorry for starting a new one.

Im heading to New Zealand in september for the World Cup, wondering how many of the people on here will also be in attendance?

I'm over for the South Africa vs Samoa game right through to the final...Hoping England Vs Scotland isnt the only England match I get to take in! haha

Well, you can guarantee there will be a lot of the kiwis who post on here in attendance!

I'm not going to any All Blacks games due to the cost and demand for tickets, but I will be going to a few others (Wales v Fiji, Wales v Samoa, Ireland v USA and USA v Russia to name a few)

I'm looking forward to being able to go see games between two countries I would possibly never get the chance to see

I've bought my ticket for New Zealand v Canada in Wellington.

Nickdnz, how much did that ticket set you back?

Nickdnz, how much did that ticket set you back?

Well, for my seating it cost me $250(NZ). A bit more than I was hoping to spend, but I guess it'll be the first and perhaps last RWC game I'll get to go to.

It'll be a good game, I like how Canada have stepped up to the All Blacks as of late.

It's looking 98% certain that i'll be living in Queenstown come the end of next month and i'll be out there for the year, so i'll see if i can get a ticket for a game...somewhere! Lol!

It'll be a good game, I like how Canada have stepped up to the All Blacks as of late.

It's looking 98% certain that i'll be living in Queenstown come the end of next month and i'll be out there for the year, so i'll see if i can get a ticket for a game...somewhere! Lol!

You're bound to find tickets to some of the smaller games. I'm guessing there will be tickets avalible for Wales v Namibia in New Plymouth, Taranaki. Bit of a mission to get there from Queentown.

Got tickets to a couple of games in Dunedin (Scotland v Georgia and England v Romania). Actually won the ballot to purchase tickets for the RWC final... was really tempted to get some tickets, but decided I couldn't justify spending that much money on watching a game of rugby given that I don't have a job at the moment!

I have tickets to the two matches in Nelson, Italy v Russia and Italy v USA.

Nelson has a very strong Italian expat and descendant population; their strong lobbying played a major part in getting us two matches

I expect the Azzuri to be well supported

Any Nelson Bays supporters that have Nelson Bays rugby gear almost have a ready made Italy supporters kit!

NB.jpg
1993585.jpg

Last edited:
I'm looking to maybe go for a game possible Ireland Australia or maybe Ireland USA.

You're bound to find tickets to some of the smaller games. I'm guessing there will be tickets avalible for Wales v Namibia in New Plymouth, Taranaki. Bit of a mission to get there from Queentown.

Isn't Taranaki on the north island? I'm figuring that will be a bit of a trek then :)

Isn't Taranaki on the north island? I'm figuring that will be a bit of a trek then :)
I think you might be better off going to the Dunedin games (or Invercargill ones) - there are bound to be a few tickets available, and it will be less of drive for you! It would certainly be worth it, as you are unlikely to get many chances to see rugby heavyweights such as Georgia or Romania playing live ;)

I think you might be better off going to the Dunedin games (or Invercargill ones) - there are bound to be a few tickets available, and it will be less of drive for you! It would certainly be worth it, as you are unlikely to get many chances to see rugby heavyweights such as Georgia or Romania playing live ;)

Hah! Good shout! :)
I guess Dunedin would be a cool - not-too-long - road trip as well; i'll want to see as much of the country as i can.

At Dunedin, you will get to go to the new All-Weather Stadium

nfjbjLOxSN.jpg

Surely all stadiums are all-weather!

It does look smart tho. Who'll be using that stadium after the RWC is over?

Surely all stadiums are all-weather!

It does look smart tho. Who'll be using that stadium after the RWC is over?

Highlanders and Otago I am guessing.
Nice looking stadium that.

Highlanders and Otago I am guessing.
Nice looking stadium that.

Yep, and probably local club rugby games to be played there.

No good for cricket as, to quote John Mitchell, its "a proper rectangular stadium". At 30,300, it will end up being the highest capacity purpose built rugby stadium in New Zealand. (Eden Park, AMI Stadium and the Cake Tin are all multi-purpose).

The Stadium will be the first in the world to have a permanent roof over a grass playing surface using a transparent roof material called ethylene tetrafluoroethylene that allows grass growth. All other permanent roofed stadiums use artificial surfaces such as Astroturf. The roof is angled northwards to maximise sunlight.

Im heading to Christchurch early September for 3 weeks and have tickets for the first two England games. We have a campervan booked and will be touring the South Island between games so may get a chance to take in some other matches as well.

Im heading to Christchurch early September for 3 weeks and have tickets for the first two England games. We have a campervan booked and will be touring the South Island between games so may get a chance to take in some other matches as well.

Hold those tickets Zak. There is a very real possibility that Christchurch will not host any RWC matches at all. They may have to be moved to other venues.

It seems that AMI Stadium may have suffered worse damage than previously thought.

See this post

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/...ny-RWC-matches&p=380637&viewfull=1#post380637

We'll know around March 15 how serious the damage is.

At Dunedin, you will get to go to the new All-Weather Stadium

nfjbjLOxSN.jpg

Nice looking stadium. I hope the sides are closed and braced as well (difficult to tell from the render) otherwise you might get a wind tunnel effect and lift forces under the roof.

Latest posts