• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2023 Predictions

I hear cricket is pretty popular in Australia. And the quite like it in South Africa as well apparently. New Zealand, England and Sri Lanka, Afghanistan and a few others don't mind it either. You're right, though, India's large population does bump it Basketball is the
Basketball is the secund sport most popular of the World after Football of course

I think basketball is probably second most popular in terms of global reach. Pretty much every except for the anglosphere (plus United States and Canada obviously) it is played).

Specially by the amount of fans...and you can find a Basketball court in every corner of the world...a cricket pitch? In a couple of counties only

I think basketball is probably second most popular in terms of global reach. Pretty much every except for the anglosphere (plus United States and Canada obviously) it is played).
Yeah global reach would be a better term than popular but I guess it's just down to how you define it in this context. For me it will be by the amount of fans.

Nz Herald's Beauden Parrot going for an Ireland win 😂
View attachment 18073
That is a dead bird after this RWC. 🤔. Certainly no Paul the Octopus. 🐙
I said it before the tournament, but not sure if I believed it but I fancy Wales to win the thing. It's the perfect Cinderella story, Gatland returns, after a horror show for him and Wales without each other. form goes out the windows at semis sometimes, and finals are a free for all.
😂
An all NH semi final line up for me and a full reversal of 2015. 🤞
I am glad I am not a betting man.

😂

I am glad I am not a betting man.
Just heard on the radio that Israel Adesanya (MMA fighter) saw the ABs paying $2.20 to beat Ireland so plonked down $20k at the TAB for a collect of $44k. Those are the longest odds I've seen in the last 4-5 years on the ABs, at least in NZ.

Four of us pooled $250 each and managed to get the bet on the ABs to win RWC at $4.50 before the QFs - now they and SA are equal at $2.00.

Tbh, I'm shocked that Hockey (a normal one,ice) is only on the 3rd place in both lists... I'd place it on the 2nd (and then tennis, volleyball etc).

Haha)) I remember a joke that, after a wrong prediction, Paul the Octopus became Paul the Septopus.
That's a cute tradition to chose those animals making predictions, though :)

Surely *no-one* (Parrot or otherwise) predicted England to be the last surviving NH team, or the only unbeaten team (so far)!

Given the group draw Are the current semis that surprising?

Out of the all the group games that ended up affecting the teams in the 1/4 finals, which ones were really outliers? Fiji- aus and even then that game was 45-55 to begin with.

Tbh, I'm shocked that Hockey (a normal one,ice) is only on the 3rd place in both lists... I'd place it on the 2nd (and then tennis, volleyball etc).
Not a huge surprise India is one of the main Hockey nations but it pales to the popularity of Cricket there.

Anything that China or India are into will always beat anything for global reach.

Football merely wins because it is most accessable sport in the world by a huge margin. You need....a football.

Surely the Final will be Nz vs SA.

But, if the planets align, my wish is a Final between Argentina (reloaded) vs England.
What a good revenge will be for that bad start!

Surely the Final will be Nz vs SA.

But, if the planets align, my wish is a Final between Argentina (reloaded) vs England.
What a good revenge will be for that bad start!
Would you want an early English red card in the rematch though? :p

Latest posts