Bada-Bing!

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Hong Kong
Club or Nation
British Irish Lions
IMG_3030.jpeg Vs. IMG_3031.jpeg

And so we reach the final. The telegraph reporting that Barnes will be the referee. Good luck.

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see the post game refereeing ratings, as I'm just shocked how Luke Pearce hasn't been involved at all since the group stages
That being said I'm hoping New Zealand run out with this, just for the sake of promoting attacking rugby
Having watched the South African semi final, even with the rain, I can honestly say that the dearth in quality, combined with a complete lack of risk taking in any form, just doesn't seem right to be rewarded with a RWC final

Predicting the boks will go seven one bench, starting pollard

I think laulala will make the all blacks bench given how newell got demolished last time we played boks

Backing the All Blacks for this one, I started out pre tournament with a bit of love for the Boks but the off pitch antics are hard to feel good about rewarding IMO.

I was talking about the NZ win in this RWC about a year ago or so...and some NZ posters thought that I was kidding (@Umaga's Witness , it was you as far as I remember)
We'll see :cool:

I love both these countries in different ways but will always have more of a soft spot for NZ. I hope we see at least 6 tries in this game but it is a final so wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 or under.

I love both these countries in different ways but will always have more of a soft spot for NZ. I hope we see at least 6 tries in this game but it is a final so wouldn't be surprised if it's 3 or under.
One would hope for some good tries, both sides are capable of it and the tournament needs a proper final.

I was talking about the NZ win in this RWC about a year ago or so...and some NZ posters thought that I was kidding (@Umaga's Witness , it was you as far as I remember)
We'll see :cool:
In fairness…if you look at the results and how we were playing last year…it was huge long shot we would get this far, it's taken a complete change in game plan and several players finding form out of no where ti get here

Definitely going to finish 0-0 with a penalty shootout (this would be the perfect way for the 2023 world cup end)

South Africa has never lost a final or even conceded a try in a final. I think both those come to an end on Saturday. New Zealand has the fresher legs after an easy semi-final, and an extra day to recover.

I also think that this is the type of game where the loss of Malcolm Marx is going to be most noticeable. Mbonambi is a good hooker but Marx is on another level. And that's a huge advantage for New Zealand.

All-time at the RWC, these teams played 5 times, with South Africa winning the first 2 (1995 final and 1999 third place), and New Zealand won the other 3 (2003 quarter final, 2015 semi final and 2019 pool stage).

What do SA do if Mbonambi ends up with a ban? Couple large if's there, but what would the contingency be?

Can't go into a final with 2 'kind of'' hookers in there surely? Does someone get a toenail injury?

SA has lets a lot of energy against France and England with one day less for recovering. Plus Kiwis have regain confidence in their game plan.
NZ for me.

South Africa has never lost a final or even conceded a try in a final. I think both those come to an end on Saturday. New Zealand has the fresher legs after an easy semi-final, and an extra day to recover.

I also think that this is the type of game where the loss of Malcolm Marx is going to be most noticeable. Mbonambi is a good hooker but Marx is on another level. And that's a huge advantage for New Zealand.

All-time at the RWC, these teams played 5 times, with South Africa winning the first 2 (1995 final and 1999 third place), and New Zealand won the other 3 (2003 quarter final, 2015 semi final and 2019 pool stage).
It's going to be an almighty challenge but I'm willing to back us- why not. NZ will be better rested perhaps but IMO I'd much rather us pitch up a little less rested than NZ but with our backs to the wall than well rested and with a favorites tag or soemthing to that effect.

Marx will be missed and Frizzell and an 80 minute SB makes a huge difference to the AB cause but I see no reason not to back us in a one off match here.
What do SA do if Mbonambi ends up with a ban? Couple large if's there, but what would the contingency be?

Can't go into a final with 2 'kind of'' hookers in there surely? Does someone get a toenail injury?
I expect we go with Fourie and Van Staden TBH. At least they have been in and around the team.
No rain predicated (so far) for the match. But you never know with weather predictions.
I think rain hampers NZ less than us so glad to hear it and may the sun shine bright!

Predicting Wayne Barnes as referee or at lest I hope so. His style suit us well. People feel we've had the rub of it with O'Keefe but honestly we much prefer a more technical ref and/or pedantic ref.

Hope that it's an open running game, rather than a dozen scrums that take 6 minutes each.
NZ have looked pretty indestructible ever since their opening-day loss. Their only foot wrong was Telea forgetting his watch.
Whereas you can see a few chinks in the Bok armour, which Ireland, France and England have all managed to exploit.
And if the accusations of racism in the SA ranks turn out to be true, then I really hope for NZ to win.

Very hyped for this game !
May the best team win !
Not me.
I stopped watching WC after our elimination. :(
I'm not a sore loser, it's just the way we've been eliminated that hurt me. I can accept a clean defeat, not that way.
And however, i'm a huge rugby fan. young, I played 12 years as winger.

Latest posts