TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
RWC%202011.png

International Stadium, Rotorua (14-09-2011, 14:30)
Samoa.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Namibia.png

Referee: Romain Poite
22px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Samoa [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Namibia [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Paul Williams [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] Chrysander Botha [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sailosi Tagicakibau [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] Danie Dames [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] George Pisi [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] Danie van Wyk [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Seilana Mapusua [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] Poet van Zyl [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Alesana Tuilagi [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] Llewellyn Winkler [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Tusi Pisi [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] Theuns Kotze [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Kahn Fotuali'i [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] Eugene Jantjies [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] George Stowers [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] Pieter Jan van Lill [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Maurie Fa'asavalu [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] Jacques Burger (c) [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Taiasina Tuifua [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] Jacques Nieuwenhuis [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Kane Thompson [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] Henk Franken [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Daniel Leo [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] . Heinz Koll [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Anthony Perenise [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] Raoul Larson [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Mehonri Schwalger (c) [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] Hugo Horn [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Sakaria Taulafo [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] Johnnie Redelinghuys [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ti'i Paulo [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] Bertus O'Callaghan [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Census Johnston [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] Jane du Toit [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Joe Tekori [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] Nico Esterhuyse [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Ofisa Treviranus [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] Rohan Kitshoff [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Junior Poluleuligana [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] Ryan de la Harpe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Eliota Sapolu Fuimaono [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] Darryl de la Harpe [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] Tasesa Lavea [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] TC Losper [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

Samoa official lineup vs Namibia

Samoa:

1. Sakaria Taulafo
2. Mahonri Schwalger (c)
3. Anthony Perenise
4. Daniel Leo
5. Kane Thompson
6. Taiasina Tuifua
7. Maurie Fa'asavalu
8. George Stowers
9. Kahn Fotuali'i
10. Tusi Pisi
11. Alesana Tuilagi
12. Seilala Mapusua
13. George Pisi
14. Sailosi Tagicakibau
15. Paul Williams

Replacements:
16. Ti'i Paulo
17. Census Johnston
18. Joe Tekori
19. Ofisa Treviranus
20. Junior Poluleuligaga
21. Eliota Sapolu Fuimaono
22. Tasesa Lavea

Looks like Samoa are going into their opener with a full strength lineup. I wouldve preffered to rest key forwards for this sundays crunch game vs Wales, but I trust the coaching staff and it is best not to take Namibia lightly.

I think some of them have had enough rest. Hopefully we've got enough points ahead we can use the bench early.

As i thought!! Good to see the coaches select the same starting lineup that played against Australia with the inclusion on the bench of Tekori and Polu as well.

A game not to be taken lightly and I'm happy to see our strongest team. Rest and rotation out the window. Start every game with your strongest team as you never know how long your in the tournament for. If a player gets injured then deal with it when it happens.

Go Manu!!

Here's the Namibia team named:

Namibia:Chrysander Botha; Danie Dames, Danie van Wyk, Piet van Zyl, Llewellyn Winkler; Theuns Kotze, Eugene Jantjies; Pieter Jan van Lill, Jacques Burger (capt), Jacques Nieuwenhuis; Henk Franken, Heinz Koll; Raoul Larson, Hugo Horn, Johnnie Redelinghuys

Replacements: Bertus O'Callaghan, Jane du Toit, Nico Esterhuyse, Rohan Kitshoff, Ryan de la Harpe, Darryl de la Harpe, TC Losper

Here's the Namibia team named:

Namibia:Chrysander Botha; Danie Dames, Danie van Wyk, Piet van Zyl, Llewellyn Winkler; Theuns Kotze, Eugene Jantjies; Pieter Jan van Lill, Jacques Burger (capt), Jacques Nieuwenhuis; Henk Franken, Heinz Koll; Raoul Larson, Hugo Horn, Johnnie Redelinghuys

Replacements: Bertus O'Callaghan, Jane du Toit, Nico Esterhuyse, Rohan Kitshoff, Ryan de la Harpe, Darryl de la Harpe, TC Losper

From what I saw against Fiiji, they have a solid scrum and backs that can carve up through the middle. A smart number 10 who could punish Samoa if they don't watch out. Should be an interesting game.

Go Manu!!

was ***imaea Tafua right to pick his strongest XV for this match?

surely Paulo, Levi, Salave'a, Treviranus, Poluleuligaga, Fuimaono-Sapolu, Lemi and So'oialo could have played and given a safe five point victory

if Samoa do reach the QF's now they will be really hammered by then after playing Wales and Fiji

maybe this XV suggests they will rest players against SA

I just dont want any injuries, for us to win and I wont to see some good organised defence. I dont care if we win by 3 or 1, just as long as we dont get too many injuries.

I just dont want any injuries, for us to win and I wont to see some good organised defence. I dont care if we win by 3 or 1, just as long as we dont get too many injuries.
We must win this game emphatically to make a statement that we are here to play and that we are contenders. But yes that is the other important thing is to minimise the injuries as much as we can before the crunch games vs Wales and Fiji.

i saw Namibia at IRB nations cup in Bucuresti , Romania . I think this Samoa is a favourite , but the question is who will get the bp? After some challenging games for any betting fan , will Namibia do a surprise ?

i saw Namibia at IRB nations cup in Bucuresti , Romania . I think this Samoa is a favourite , but the question is who will get the bp? After some challenging games for any betting fan , will Namibia do a surprise ?
in sfarsit mai multi romani pe forum!!!!!

We must win this game emphatically to make a statement that we are here to play and that we are contenders. But yes that is the other important thing is to minimise the injuries as much as we can before the crunch games vs Wales and Fiji.

How are they suppose to minimise injuries? It's a contact sport! No holding back and you give it your 100%. Play each game as it comes and if there's an injury then deal with it.

I can't wait to see Theuns Kotze in action again he looked great against Fiji and I was worried he was injured at the end of that game but thankfully he was not.

It's great to see that Namibia is playing at a level which at least gives you a reason to watch the game, their game vs. Fiji was super fun and I'm hoping for the same here.

I think Samoa will win comfortably by 15-30, but Namibia will stay in the game for around 55-60 minutes.

How are they suppose to minimise injuries? It's a contact sport! No holding back and you give it your 100%. Play each game as it comes and if there's an injury then deal with it.
Settle down sole... we're supporting the same team are we not? I know that injuries come with the game being soo physical, what I mean is we need to be as best we can be when playing our crunch games Vs Wales and Fiji. Having key players injure themselves playing against Namibia may hurt our chances of beating those teams so I hope that all the players or as many as possible come out of this game without them hurting themselves to the point where they are ruled out.

They should play a mid to full strength team. Like the Namibians they have a short turnaround, players need to be well rested if they are too compete against the bigger sides.

I'm not an advocate of playing a full strength every game. Not too take away from Namibia and their sharpshooter, but what's the point in blowing your full strength team in one match and have them follow up against a harder opponent less than a week later.

The easier answer to minimising injuries - either don't play or early subs.

I don't think Samoa have the luxury of resting key players, even against Namibia. If all goes well then they can afford to sub off key players and revert to the bench.

They also can't think of the game ahead because Namibia might do a surprise and beat Samoa that's why Tafua is taking no chances and has selected his strongest team. Samoa will need to rack up as many points because it could all come down to points differential.

Afakasi - I hear you... But how can you go in to a game without them hurting themselves to the point where they are ruled out? Samoa will not hold back and like I said, you don't go in to a game worried about getting injured. If it happens then so be it. It is how it is!!

I know it cant be helped and Im not saying that the players shouldnt go in 100%. All I am saying is I hope we dont have many if any injuries to any of our key players is all...

Latest posts