• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC19 Warm-Up] - England vs. Italy

Whilst this game won't tell us anything about England's ability to deal with the pressure when it is on, England have also shown a worrying habit of falling asleep when they get ahead or against teams they expect to beat. We have made a meal of our games against Italy and Scotland in the past (when Scotland were weaker) and absolutely butchered it against Scotland in the 6N. Against Japan it all looked very forced too. England have to go out with the mentality that this is just another game and play as such, not as a simple game where they will thrash the opposition. We don't need to take stupid risks or try wonder passes because it just isn't necessary. The team needs to show the maturity to give the game the respect it deserves and play with suitable intelligence and patience befitting an international.

The Italy selection just makes it even worse.

I am putting a marker down. If any of May, Faz, Binny, George or any of our other A listers get hurt when we're 40 - 0 up I am personally storming the Twickenham barricades demanding Jones is sacked in the morning.

Why am I being subjected to PJ and Duncan?

Why am I being subjected to PJ and Duncan?
Why aye man, it's up the toon

I've postponed seein It pt.2 until Sunday, so I get to partake in what will likely be a very frustrating viewing experience this evening

England look either lazy or slow to react in defence so far. Hopefully just not-giving-a-****-itis rather than structural problems

Curry our only defender who's really fronting up in the tackle.

Wilson making 9 tackles 11 minutes in is an insane stat.

Curry our only defender who's really fronting up in the tackle.
We're getting up fast which is good, but what we're doing once we're up there is up and down. Slightly off on the positioning I think, a small error in positioning is magnified at a high line speed - possibly that's what leads to not "fronting up", because players aren't properly in position to dominate?