• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 2 - Georgia vs. Uruguay (29/09/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

4bsksL7.png
j7lEIMe.png
YEO8NxJ.jpg

Venue: Kumagaya Rugby Stadium
Time: 07:15 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

GEORGIA
1 Guram Gogichashvili
2 Jaba Bregvadze (capt.)
3 Levan Chilachava
4 Lasha Lomidze
5 Konstantine Mikautadze
6 Shalva Sutiashvili
7 Beka Saginadze
8 Otari Giorgadze
9 Gela Aprasidze
10 Tedo Abzhandadze
11 Alexander Todua
12 Lasha Malaguradze
13 Giorgi Kveseladze
14 Zura Dzneladze
15 Lasha Khmaladze

Replacements: 16 Vano Karkadze, 17 Beka Gigashvili, 18 Giorgi Melikidze, 19 Mamuka Gorgodze, 20 Beka Gorgadze, 21 Vasil Lobzhanidze, 22 Merab Sharikadze, 23 Soso Matiashvili

URUGUAY
1 Mateo Sanguinetti
2 German Kessler
3 Juan Pedro Rombys
4 Ignacio Dotti
5 Manuel Leindekar
6 Juan Manuel Gaminara (capt.)
7 Santiago Civetta
8 Alejandro Nieto
9 Santiago Arata
10 Felipe Berchesi
11 Rodrigo Silva
12 Andrés Vilaseca
13 Juan Manuel Cat
14 Nicolás Freitas
15 Gastón Mieres

Replacements: 16 Facundo Gattas, 17 Juan Echeverría, 18 Diego Arbelo, 19 Diego Magno, 20 Juan Diego Ormaechea, 21 Manuel Ardao, 22 Agustín Ormaechea, 23 Leandro Leivas

With that 9, 10 & 11 Uruguay can always make some chances, but the book says the Georgian pack will just suffocate them.

Georgia by 13

12 changes in the georgian squad with Mikautadze, Abzhandadze and Kveseladze only survivors
Looking forward to see Aprasidze-Abzhandadze duo, who shined in 2017 & 2018 U20 WC

12 changes in the georgian squad with Mikautadze, Abzhandadze and Kveseladze only survivors
Looking forward to see Aprasidze-Abzhandadze duo, who shined in 2017 & 2018 U20 WC

So are you saying that Georgia are overlooking Uruguay after the Fiji victory?

So are you saying that Georgia are overlooking Uruguay after the Fiji victory?
Nah, We don't really have a first-team, the 31 is mostly even. in fact, I'd pick some of the players from tonight over the ones who played vs wales and I think Coaches ****** up to leave them out there.

4 day turnaround for Uruguay and only 2 changes to the XV...

The model says Uruguay have a 20% chance here. It will be uphill for them but it's possible.

If Uruguay win here, it will make qualifying for RWC 2023 considerably harder for Canada, Russia, Spain etc.

Looking forward to this one, obviously I would've had a Georgia as clear winners prior to the win over Fiji... now, we'll I'm sticking with a Georgia due to the short turnaround although I think it could be a close one.

Penalty try imminent...

Edit. Well done Georgia for getting the ball out and scoring through the hands.

4 day turnaround for Uruguay and only 2 changes to the XV...

The model says Uruguay have a 20% chance here. It will be uphill for them but it's possible.

If Uruguay win here, it will make qualifying for RWC 2023 considerably harder for Canada, Russia, Spain etc.

Don't WR just change the qualifying each cycle to make it mostly the same teams unless someone unseats them?

This time for example Georgia auto-qualified ahead of any Pacific teams so they just took a spot off Europe and gave it to the Islanders.

Don't think we can make any predictions about 2023 any time soon.

Barnes was asking the Uruguayan players to have their hands up, as they were ready to defend the Georgian maul from the scrum - what's the rule on that? You're not allowed to use an arm to support your body to prepare to tackle the ball carrier?

It does make me wonder how much of the important ref instructions get through to Georgian and Spanish speakers. Obviously they all know 'use it' and 'no hands' but I wonder how much of this explanation of scrum problems is lost on a semi-pro tighthead who isn't captain and under no obligation to speak English.

Fair play to the Uruguayans, they've had a tough half of rugby out there but manufactured a beauty of a try out of nothing really.

Latest posts