• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Uruguay vs Namibia (27/09/2023)

Namibian player Johan Retief has been ruled out of the rest of the tournament after being bitten by a spider in his hotel. Yes, really.

I think Uruguay will win, although I would like to see a Namibian victory.

Last edited:
Based on rankings, this is 74% Uruguay's to lose. I'd say it's probably even less close. Namibia will be doing well to get a LBP.

Namibia have gotten 6 table points in RWC history, 3 of them for just turning up to games in 1999, and another 2 were for having a game get cancelled by a typhoon in 2019 (2½ weeks after Uruguay beat Fiji at the same venue)

Last edited:
Great . . . Another round for us to lose to another South American team before going to the repechage

Wow, this is not what I expected at all. Thought Uruguay would win this relatively comfortably based on performances so far.

I absolutely love the way Uruguay play their rugby. Just such a joy to watch even if it isn't getting them the result right now.

Wow, this is not what I expected at all. Thought Uruguay would win this relatively comfortably based on performances so far.
I think they will, just had a error filled first 20, looking dangerous when it goes right, and they score as i type this.

Latest posts