• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Italy vs Namibia (09/09/2023)

I think this late obsession with turning 30 year old Allan into a fullback (taking kicking duties away from Garbisi) reflects poorly on Garbisi and on the Italian backline generally (without Padovani and Minozzi). The backs just seem very sub-optimum compared to the 6N. I am not expecting much explosivity, even against Namibia. It feels like Italy are building to try and not lose against Uruguay rather than to do anything to try and reach the QF (which I think would require an attacking mindset like we saw at the 6N).

Italy by 23

Easy win for Italy by a 30 point gap.

They may have their 6N worthiness taken into constant questioning, but at least they always get the job done at the world cup as far as qualifying automatically is concerned without having to go though regional qualification games.

That one time they had to for the 2007 tournament because only the eight quarter finalists got an automatic spot from 2003, they simply walked through it and at least do deserve to be at this competition.

A 2-0-2 record and third place in the group for Italy with two bonus points wins over Namibia and Uruguay and then lose the other two.

Looking forward to this, as it will be nice to see Italy win for once and also having Italian ancestors, I always like to see them do well anyway.

It's only every four years I can watch Italy play and think "Yep, easy win!", as they don't have that at the 6N!.

These choral anthems are an absolute disaster - what are they thinking????

I think they are all children's choirs.

Is it a french thing? Or saving money on paying a band at each match?

We've seen the first 50:22 in a World Cup match. Great kicking by Italy to set themselves up for a try.

These choral anthems are an absolute disaster - what are they thinking????

Yeah, last night was even worse.

Happy Namibia scored the first points! But should be a good 30+ points for Italy victory

Namibia's defence looked good in open play but it's always setpiece, especially the maul, where you see the big difference between tier 1 and 2

Yeah, set plays are where the advantages are most visible. In open play a lot depends on the bounce of a ball, and split-second decision-making which even smaller nations can excel at.

Getting interesting now!. Remember, Italy lost to Tier 2 Georgia so anything can happen!.

First ever WC win for Namibia in an hour's time?.

Yeah, boy!

Don't know why they're praising the finish, he very nearly got tackled into touch because of how awkwardly he tried to finish it - should've gone lower and earlier