• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Italy vs Namibia (09/09/2023)

Hopefully Italy are holding their cards close, because they have no chance of beating New Zealand or France. Not that I thought their chances were high.

Hopefully Italy are holding their cards close, because they have no chance of beating New Zealand or France. Not that I thought their chances were high.

It must be frustrating for Italy to be in no man's land essentially, being better than the 2 smaller nations in their group but never good enough to compete with the 2 bigger nations.

It must be frustrating for Italy to be in no man's land essentially, being better than the 2 smaller nations in their group but never good enough to compete with the 2 bigger nations.

Like Scotland, they must be fuming with the World Cup draw being so early. Although Scotland do stand more of a chance of causing an upset.

35mins and that juggle was the first time Capuozzo has touched the ball

The 50:22 rule is pretty much never in effect when tier 1 nations play each other because of how tight the games are and the kicking is much more aimed at possession / recovering the ball.

But these tier 2 nations are more prone to being caught leaving too much space behind them. We've already seen one instance so far. That rule could potentially decide a game late.

Namibia missed three kicks at goal, had a yellow card and gave away 7 points with a terrible lost lineout. They could be level against a poor looking Italy. They have been an absolute shadow of themselves at the 6N with losing Menoncello, Padovani and Crowley's bizarre non-contract renewal (which seems to have coincided with a bit of a lack of spirit in the side).

If Italy continue to show zero signs that they can even remotely challenge NZ or France on a bad day then I will hope for a Namibian victory. Credit to Namibia, they are playing with a lot more ambition than previous versions of their sides and are not simply clinging on for a respectable scoreline.

Namibia missed three kicks at goal, had a yellow card and gave away 7 points with a terrible lost lineout. They could be level against a poor looking Italy. They have been an absolute shadow of themselves at the 6N with losing Menoncello, Padovani and Crowley's bizarre non-contract renewal (which seems to have coincided with a bit of a lack of spirit in the side).

If Italy continue to show zero signs that they can even remotely challenge NZ or France on a bad day then I will hope for a Namibian victory. Credit to Namibia, they are playing with a lot more ambition than previous versions of their sides and are not simply clinging on for a respectable scoreline.

I doubt it'll happen but it would be interesting to see Italy lose, finish 4th and having to go through qualifiers for 2027

2019 it was Italy 49-22.
Italy had been looking better going into this World Cup with wins over Wales and Australia. Either that was Wales and Australia being crap or Namibia have improved since 2019.

Good to see Dickie Hardwick playing some international rugby.

Like Scotland, they must be fuming with the World Cup draw being so early. Although Scotland do stand more of a chance of causing an upset.
I am hoping with the expansion of the world cup issues like this world cup having one side of the draw so lopsided wont happen again. Saying that we are yet to see the other side, I think it will be pretty good with the PI nations running the traditional tier ones very close due to them being a bit down.

I get why italy have gone with allen at 15, very good player ideally in the team, but ange is far better at fullback whenever I have watched him.

Latest posts