• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 Bronze Final] Argentina vs England (27/10/2023)

All the time spent pouring over by TMO's and they can't even call a forward pass.
The only logic I can see outside of some sort of bias is that refs and TMOs have been told to speed up the game unless there is a clear and obvious error and Whitehouse has decided it's not clear and obvious (I disagree). The problem with that though is like most decisions, it lacks consistency as other TMOs have interfered for far less obvious errors.

I honestly think he got rushed out of looking at the forward pass properly by the ref dancing in front of the kicker debating whether to let him take it or not

Forward or not, you wouldn't be happy if that's a clutch kick that you've missed because the ref has interfered when he doesn't need to.

The only logic I can see outside of some sort of bias is that refs and TMOs have been told to speed up the game unless there is a clear and obvious error and Whitehouse has decided it's not clear and obvious (I disagree). The problem with that though is like most decisions, it lacks consistency as other TMOs have interfered for far less obvious errors.
Exactly this, England vs Samoa for example the level of scrutiny that went into proving a knock on compared to such a blatant forward pass does really make you wonder how a lot of decisions are come to.

Maybe they looked at the wrong pass?
Often see that with the TMO in a formal one where they're fumbling for ages looking at the wrong ruck

Was that Ford reminding Farrell that Arundell is on the pitch and he said fine, he can have 1 pass?

Sorry to intrude on your joy at winning this meaningless game, but I see that England have scored a try. I didn't know that they knew what a try was given their insistence on kicking at every opportunity.

Latest posts