• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] South Africa vs Ireland (23/09/2023)

Congratulations Ireland. Your reward is a New Zealand in the quarters.

South Africa will go on to beat a Dupontless France.
We won't fear NZ. 4 years ago in a QF will be fresh there and we on a mission and not afraid to say it. Taking names and ready to amend

Yeah but one of those players on the bench could've been Pollard who'd have kicked the two penalties in the second half and won the game

Yeah but I can only guess that pollard wasn't picked because they didn't want to risk him straight away in which case it wasn't a option

NZ and dupontless France probably gotta feel they are back in things after that. Maybe even eng . . . Nope

Huzzah!
Congratulations Ireland, brilliant match and deserves victors - and all with a malfunctioning lineout

Brilliant game. Ireland better all round. SA would have won that game but kickers left 11 points off the board. I don't understand why Pollard wasn't in the team.

Yeah but I can only guess that pollard wasn't picked because they didn't want to risk him straight away in which case it wasn't a option

Pretty sure he will play against Tonga.

I like the risk South Africa took. It was a close game. It told them a lot, and they know they will be progressing regardless of todays result. No offense to Tonga.

Quite a bit for both sides to work on. Ireland looked much better in the first half after settling down (despite lineout issues) but have to be concerned about their lack of chances and territory in the second half.

Baffled why Faf didn't kick penalties, maybe at the edge of his range for some of them? Not sure what the coaches were thinking there. Just like when Hansen insisted on BB kicking penalties when Jordie and DMac were in the side. Almost bloody mindedness.

Sticking with my prediction of Ireland to win in the pool and lose in the rematch. I think both sides will win their QFs by 20+, their semis possibly by 30+.

@Whore of Shame Come on, give me my money, I used my gifts of vision to reassure you, I told you that Ireland had more of an argument than South Africa and that you would win the match. I know everything that's going to happen. ;)

All I have to say:

The intensity and how much that game sucked everyone in, in terms of strength vs strength- it's a travesty it's a pool game and not the World Cup final. Well played Ireland. I hope to see our URC besties in the final in a couple of weekends time.

Ok back to being shitfaced. Have fun guys. Please ignore my fellow South Africans on Twitter. It's just not worth it. It's a privilege to have two strong teams coming from the same league and I'm looking forward to the rivalry continuing to develop.

Latest posts