• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] South Africa vs Ireland (23/09/2023)

All I have to say:

The intensity and how much that game sucked everyone in, in terms of strength vs strength- it's a travesty it's a pool game and not the World Cup final. Well played Ireland. I hope to see our URC besties in the final in a couple of weekends time.

Ok back to being shitfaced. Have fun guys. Please ignore my fellow South Africans on Twitter. It's just not worth it. It's a privilege to have two strong teams coming from the same league and I'm looking forward to the rivalry continuing to develop.
Was a great game and we aren't foolish. When we meet again South Africa will be much better. A goal kicker will be there and pack will have a chip.on shoulder. I see South Africa beating France of France are missing their best 9 and 10

Not worried. Boks dominated the second half. We won't kick 20% in the next game.

Yeah but one of those players on the bench could've been Pollard who'd have kicked the two penalties in the second half and won the game
Sure but even in that case the problem would be the lack of a kicker, not the lack of another kicker in the subs.

One of the kicks hit the posts, I'm inclined to call that bad luck. And sure, Ire won by more than 3 but something tells me one of those kicks could have changed the momentum (would have reversed the score and not force RSA to risk it and go all in as opposed to play to their strengths). This is, course, speculation.

How many kicks did they miss? 3? What was that then, 50% for them? That's a ridiculously low % even for the kickers they fielded.

All I have to say:

The intensity and how much that game sucked everyone in, in terms of strength vs strength- it's a travesty it's a pool game and not the World Cup final. Well played Ireland. I hope to see our URC besties in the final in a couple of weekends time.

Ok back to being shitfaced. Have fun guys. Please ignore my fellow South Africans on Twitter. It's just not worth it. It's a privilege to have two strong teams coming from the same league and I'm looking forward to the rivalry continuing to develop.
I'd say imo you two are certain to lift the cup if it wasn't for the French side . Can't believe I'm discounting a NZ side but hey the landscape has changed

Kolbe would make all those kicks cause we all know taking a cap off before kicking increases accuracy by +5.

O'Driscoll still holding the biro from marking homework during the match

So..,.. reffing decisions against SA?
That maul call at the end is really bad but in general I think refs blow mail turnovers way too quick. Let them duke it out a little. Also **** mauls they are so hard to referee once you get to a level where the teams are competent.

OK, Ireland since 2016 have had a good record over the All Blacks, but I am not sure I'd be that confident.
Is there really much point going back, NZ rugby is not in a hugely strong position France is, France recently beat NZ pretty well as did SA, France are at home and will not be outnumbered by supporters, without disrespecting NZ I would much rather play them in a QF than France.

I agree it won't be high scoring. But "paddies"? Really? Not sure quite what the equivalent derogatory term is for the English... chinless wonders? :rolleyes::p
Well as I live in a town know as little scotland, as its a steel town English is the minority.
Some are happy to be jocks, if first generation, plastic if second.

The paddies are split not surprisingly by the religious divide as having both Irish centres and orange halls.

The minority ( English ) take the brunt of how generally poor we are.

Of course know Europeans out number the English as well.

I'm more than happy to live in a multi cultural town ,and enjoy the huge amount of fun inter community rivalry brings.

If calling an Irish person a paddy is offensive to anyone I sincerely am sorry. Anyone can call me anything about being English as it is water of ducks back after best part of 65 yrs on this lump of rock.

That maul call at the end is really bad but in general I think refs blow mail turnovers way too quick. Let them duke it out a little. Also **** mauls they are so hard to referee once you get to a level where the teams are competent.
Letts hope Rassie sees it that way

Well that didnt disappoint!!!!

What I will say, without reading any other comments, is that all my SA friends are blaming goal kicking...

That's BS. If your desperate enough to take 54m pot shots, you have to expect a low kicking %! I told them Libbock would be their downfall, and they laughed lol.

Ireland dominated the first half without a set peice, SA dominated the 2nd half without kicking their points...

You can replay this match 10 times over and I think Ireland win every time, mostly by a better score.

Great game, but I fear for sA in Paris V France!

Well as I live in a town know as little scotland, as its a steel town English is the minority.
Some are happy to be jocks, if first generation, plastic if second.

The paddies are split not surprisingly by the religious divide as having both Irish centres and orange halls.

The minority ( English ) take the brunt of how generally poor we are.

Of course know Europeans out number the English as well.

I'm more than happy to live in a multi cultural town ,and enjoy the huge amount of fun inter community rivalry brings.

If calling an Irish person a paddy is offensive to anyone I sincerely am sorry. Anyone can call me anything about being English as it is water of ducks back after best part of 65 yrs on this lump of rock.
Corby?

If there's any more injuries in the SA camp surely they've got to call a hooker up to the squad? Would you really want to be in knockout game with a part timer as backup?

Latest posts