• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final Draw

A

An Tarbh

Well the draw has been made for the semi finals and shock horror Gloucester/Munster have been handed an away tie against Saracens or the Ospreys while London Irish or Perpignan also have the chance of a home semi against the winners of Toulouse or Cardiff.

Draw in full:

Saracens/Ospreys v Gloucester/Munster
London Irish/Perpignan v Toulouse/Cardiff

Ties to be played April 26/27

Is there a link for this? I see it posted on a few boards but can not find it online.
Cheers

Oh....oh dear...

Where the bloody hell are Saracens going to play this?! Vicarage Road only takes 18 - 19k!!!!

The draw was made public at (surprise surprise) the European Rugby Cup's website - > http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/12_8558.php

The good news is that our own Del Boy (Richard Haughton) is joint first for tries scored with Clermont's Aurelien Rougerie! Also Glen Jackson tops the tables as top points scorer with 98 points from six matches!

The draw was made public at (surprise surprise) the European Rugby Cup's website - > http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/12_8558.php
[/b]

It is not much to ask when someone posts something as a fact that they list a source is it?
I looked on the ERC Site and at the time could not find the news,according to the link you posted that item was posted at 1:53 pm, my post was made at 1:35 pm, but thanks for the link.

True but it is pretty easy just to stay tuned to the official source which is the European Rugby Cup's website or the site of your Rugby team (which is in your case, Cardiff Blues).

This is true but if you used the Blues site as much as i do then you might know how this is not ideal (no mention of it yet).
EDIT: Oh wait, it is there hidden away in another article, posted at 2:26 though.

Too long to see who we are going to beat to meet you in the final mate.

If Perpigan win this 1/4, the USAP supporter speak of the possibility of a 1/2 final a the NouCamp same the past 1/2 of Biarritz at Anoeta (SanSebastian)

It is a dream of catalans supporter but if USAP direction are good and if USAP win the dream can be reality !

Great! That means every Spanish Catalan in Barcelona who has absolutely no idea that rugby even exists can pack out the NouCamp to outnumber the usual 20,000 rugby knowledgeable Perpingan fans and the other 5,000 'away' fans! Whoopee!

I'm expecting the NouCamp to be flooded with the colours of blue and red, because the Barcelona chaps are too cheap and will thus wear their Barcelona FC jerseys to the game!

I think the Camp Nou is a pipe dream but a more realistic proposition would be the Olympic Stadium. They'd still struggle to fill it but you'd get a better atmosphere there than in the Camp Nou. Plus I'm sure you'd have more than a few thousand band wagoners jumping at the chance of a trip to Barcelona at the end of April.

the probleme of the olympic stadium it is : the Espagnol of barcelone play at home the 7 april. And yes it is probably just a dram but a beautiful dream (USAP-ST at Noucamp :cheers: )

But the 1/4 are dont past and if Perpignan win USAP probably play at Monpellier or Marseille :( .

Also the Olympic Stadium site at Barcelona is a total DUMP. If you thought the Liberty Stadium was crap, just wait till you go to the wasteland that the Olympic park on the heights overlooking Barcelona. Everywhere is closed and fenced off and the Olympic Stadium is covered in football graffiti since Espagnol took over. Its disgusting.

If there was one thing I'd do as PM, it would be BAN any football team from taking over an Olympic or Commonwealth games stadium.

If there was one thing I'd do as PM, it would be BAN any football team from taking over an Olympic or Commonwealth games stadium. [/b]

The City of Manchester stadium hasn't been a bad move for the mighty Sky Blues. I haven't heard of any particular complaints so far, apart from when the club first moved and were struggling for a decent crowd and atmosphere. What would it have been used for otherwise?

It has been a bad move because its removed a perfectly good athletics stadium from public use. They should have given it to the City Council at least to rent to whoever they wanted and create an extra revenue stream.

and when exactly would it have been used for Athletics? It's not as if any of the Golden League grand prix are ever going to take place in Britain and as for major championships I don't think that's going to happen any time soon after the fiasco of 2005.

Also the Olympic Stadium site at Barcelona is a total DUMP. If you thought the Liberty Stadium was crap, just wait till you go to the wasteland that the Olympic park on the heights overlooking Barcelona. Everywhere is closed and fenced off and the Olympic Stadium is covered in football graffiti since Espagnol took over. Its disgusting.

If there was one thing I'd do as PM, it would be BAN any football team from taking over an Olympic or Commonwealth games stadium. [/b]

Well I was in Barcelona less than a month ago and visited Montjuich hill where is loacted the Olympic stadium whixh was accessible. The stadium is ok and the surrounding area is quite clean. I didn't notice the graffities you mention. When did you go?

and when exactly would it have been used for Athletics? It's not as if any of the Golden League grand prix are ever going to take place in Britain and as for major championships I don't think that's going to happen any time soon after the fiasco of 2005. [/b]

Well events and daily use for the local community for a start. Just because they're not packed full of massive events with world wide appeal doesn't mean that they don't add any benefit to the local community. And it might be good for you to know that the existing althletics 'stadiums' (if you can call them that) like Crystal Palace are falling apart.

Even donating it to the City Council to rent to Manchester City on the proviso that the athletics track must be kept would have been better than the 'solution' they went for in the end. Now nobody can use it apart from Manchester City. Whoop whoop! HUGE value added frickin' benefit for the City of Manchester there eh?!

Well I was in Barcelona less than a month ago and visited Montjuich hill where is located the Olympic stadium which was accessible. The stadium is ok and the surrounding area is quite clean. I didn't notice the graffities you mention. When did you go?[/b]

Er..the toilets in the stadium. It was all vandalised and grafiti'ed to hell. Outside, everywhere bar the stadium was closed, the brickwork pavement was starting to come apart with weeds growing through and the diving pool where the famous diving events took place (set to the backdrop of the city below) was now a restaurant with the pool seperated...also closed. It was like a ghost town there.

Bit unfair that the winners of Pool 5 (Munster) have an away quater-final and then an away semi-final :angry:

Even though we topped the "Pool Of Death" something has to be done about the seedings.

Perhaps using past results in the Heineken Cup to put teams in the pools?

Any thoughts lads?

Latest posts