• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Semi Final: Sharks v Blues

i think the blues have signaled their intentions. they are going to play an expansive running game against the sharks. i was hoping for a more conservative approach with howell at 10 and nacewa at 12. anyway looks dangerous, i hope those 50-50 passes are stick in this game.

Seeing as there are quite a few Auckland supporters here.
Do many of you follow the Auckland Secondary Schools comp?

blues defintely looking to run it and run it hard and fast with that midfield. blues will defintely throw it around and with that backline who wouldn't want to run it in the backs

Hopefully Carstens recovers because we need to dominate the scrums and Beast just cant cut it in there yet, though he running in the field is excellent.

Consistency is the key

Sharks 22

15. Percy Montgomery
14. Francois Steyn
13. Waylon Murray
12. Bradley Barritt/Adrian Jacobs
11. JP Pietersen
10. Butch James
9. Ruan Pienaar
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. AJ Venter
6. Jacques Botes
5. Johann Muller
4. Johan Ackermann
3. BJ Botha
2. John Smit (Captain)
1. Deon Carstens/Tendai Mtawarira

Reserves:
16. Bismarck du Plessis
17. Tendai Mtawarira/Patric Cilliers
18. Albert van den Berg
19. Warren Britz
20. Bob Skinstad
21. Rory Kockott
22. Adrian Jacobs/Odwa Ndungane

George Pisi is gonna be bombarded with kicks from Steyn and co all night.

Nacewa should be playing fullback, Holwell at 10.
[/b]

Our downfall in our round robin match was Atiga being absolutely crap at fullback. In Pisi, we have a saviour. Someone who lives for the high balls, someone who thrives in counter-attacking.
The Sharks would be foolish if they try that tactic against him.

Good to see Nick Williams retained at 8. We definitely need someone big, mobile & aggressive in our pack. He would compliment Flavell very well.
Nice move with Mealamu. Expect to see him on the field 5-10mins before half time.

BLUES by 7.

hopefully the blues can pull this one off by a few points. can't seem them smashing the sharks for a win and if the sharks win I think it would be a blow out to them. playing in SA is very different to the game at eden park

we played them at albany, not eden park..
albany is no eden park, but i guess it still is auckland
hopefully we've learnt our lesson, and the same doesn't happen again

i just hope our forwards are up for it

<div class='quotemain'>
George Pisi is gonna be bombarded with kicks from Steyn and co all night.

Nacewa should be playing fullback, Holwell at 10.
[/b]

Our downfall in our round robin match was Atiga being absolutely crap at fullback. In Pisi, we have a saviour. Someone who lives for the high balls, someone who thrives in counter-attacking.
The Sharks would be foolish if they try that tactic against him.
[/b][/quote]

My point is that Pisi can't kick - whether he decides to run it back or kick it out, the Sharks should make easy metres through the boot of Percy,Steyn etc...

admittedly im a northland boy but i really feel like theve wasted Holwell this year. Nacewa isnt a 1st five i was suprised davey didnt get the nod for this game. steady and experienced.

nevermind... GO THE BLUES!!

i think the blues are a big chance... if they can score early points and put the sharks under some early pressure theres a big chance they cold buckle and fold. there must be huge pressure on the durban boys.

we played them at albany, not eden park..
albany is no eden park, but i guess it still is auckland
hopefully we've learnt our lesson, and the same doesn't happen again

i just hope our forwards are up for it
[/b]

indeed it was I stand corrected. the point remains though that playing in SA for the blues will be different to playing in auckland.

nacewa has been one of the finds in nz rugby over the last few years. he has carved it up in more than one position in the air nz cup and has arguably done the same here in the super 14. however in saying that I thought they would have started with holwell at 10 just because he is a bit older and experinced in big games.

Yes Holwell is a more experienced player but to me, I would also prefer Nacewa. He has performed pretty well this year. The only thing I like about Holwell is his ability and accuracy of making conversions and penalty goals which he has shown in recent years. He is a good ball runner but he's not as fast-paced and striking like Nacewa who is the best choice to face a hard strong defence from the Sharks.

Blues by 13+. there gonna stun the sharks early and be up by 20 pts at halftime....

I HOPE!!...

Sharks I'd say in a close one. Should've been Chiefs winning this one anyway imo. Go the SA final by the way. Let's have something different for a change.

Latest posts