TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51838035_edwards_eyes_huw.jpg

Wales defence coach Shaun Edwards will serve the remainder of his contract with the Welsh Rugby Union.

Edwards did not travel to Wales' Six Nations finale in France after being suspended for a week following an alleged incident.

But Edwards, who is also head coach of Wasps, has revealed he met WRU group chief executive Roger Lewis in London.

"After a meeting in London yesterday... I am still Wales defence coach," Edwards said in his newspaper column.

"And the matter of the scuffle following the Ireland game can, I hope, be laid to rest.

"There are weeks you'd rather forget, and I hope that is precisely what I am allowed to do with this one."

The altercation with WRU sports scientist Fergus Connolly happened at Wales' team hotel on the night of their Six Nations victory over Ireland.

Asked after the France game about the incident coach Warren Gatland refused to comment, other than say it was an internal matter.

Edwards confirmed he would see out the remainder of his contract following a meeting with WRU group chief executive Roger Lewis.

"Yesterday's meeting with Roger Lewis confirmed I will see out my Wales contract, starting with Barbarians at the start of June and going on to New Zealand in the autumn."

Edwards' existing WRU contract expires after the World Cup in October.

He started work with Wales ahead of the 2008 Six Nations campaign, when they won the ***le and Grand Slam, conceding just two tries during the entire tournament.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/12861528.stm

I'm a bit worried about there being unrest in the camp between the backroom staff. Wales' defense has been once of the strongest aspects of their play this season, so overall I'm glad he's staying, I think...

Personally id sack Fergus off to be honest.

Latest posts