• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Silver jerseys for 1/4 final

Only 5 more hours but we'll soon see but I seen on another thread they've even thought about wearing white only if the All Blacks agree to still wear grey wtf.

Les Blues vs the All Greys lol

[/b]

Sounds like France are playing New Zealand's amateur OAP team! :lol:

Personally, my beef isn't just with the All Blacks wearing grey, its just with this general trend towards ruining national jerseys with splashes of colour which just should not be there.

New Zealand and Wales have the right idea. Just pick your national colour for the jersey and just have a Scarlet red/black jersey with your national logo on it. Bing bang bosh, awesome looking jersey ahoy!

All these wacky experiments that the likes of England (with the splash of soccer hooligan red), Scotland, Ireland and South Africa (with those stupid pactches of white all over theirs) just look absolutely stupid and pretentious and just insult the trust and pride put into the original jerseys.

That doesn't make any sense! And it still doesn't excuse the fact that people are messing with what was a perfectly good jersey!

<div class='quotemain'>
Does anyone else think the grey jersey is hideous?
[/b]

I don't think it looks too bad IMO. It just looks gay being worn by All Blacks.
[/b][/quote]

It's pretty ugly. The front looks alright but the those black patches at the back just doesn't look right.

I'm a fan of the silver jersey.
I think it's really nice looking. But very few people like their own county's away jersey.
I don't think England like theirs, I don't like Wales', New Zealand don't like theirs.

I'm a fan of the silver jersey.
I think it's really nice looking. But very few people like their own county's away jersey.
I don't think England like theirs, I don't like Wales', New Zealand don't like theirs.
[/b]

I'm changing my mind. I f***ing hate that jersey. By god I'll go mad if I ever see that ***** representing our All Blacks again. Add to the fact it was the jersey in which we once again choked on the big stage once more. Sad.

But yep, that black patch work super imposed on the back of the shirt is just horrid!

<div class='quotemain'> Yes, it does matter. And it ****** me off. :toss: [/b]

Agreed. Hell yes this does matter!

Across the world, traditional jersey colours are under threat. They are a species in serious decline and in danger of extinction. Be it the horrible England jersey with that abominable splash of paint, the Springbok jersey in danger of dying out thanks to political buggery or the Welsh jersey under threat from Welsh fans who, quite frankly, have absolutely no fashion sense whatsoever.

I mean with that horrible Welsh away kit for 2003...seriously...Welsh guys out there...the words "green", "white" and "fashionable" do NOT go together. It was quite frankly the most horrible jersey design ever. In the whole wide world. End of discussion, story and debate.

I think we need to revolt, bring back the old designs. Bring back white for England, force the All Blacks by international agreement to wear black and ONLY black for every match and to force Wales to play in scarlet red on pain of death and muzzle the entire Welsh fanbase on all matters regarding Jersey design. [/b][/quote]
Did you hear about the Scottish drag queen? He wore pants.