• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Silver jerseys for 1/4 final

<div class='quotemain'>
(more Tonga than Fiji)
[/b]
Other way around, Fiji won one of the best games in World Cup history... [/b][/quote]

Indeed - but having just come back from France, throughout most of the tournament there was a great deal more news reports made for Tonga than for Fiji (surely this is different now given Fiji are in the quarters! yay!)

I don't think that the Samoan RU would have made much out of it - for example there were reports that the French locals in the town the Samoan team were based in paid for some of the food for the team, since the players themselves didn't have much money in their allowances per week to cover the cost. This shocked me a bit - and I still hope it's mistaken reporting.

Another question - I heard a rumour that the All Blacks weren't allowed to swap jerseys after each games, and that this is because Adidas does not want them to. Does anyone know if this is true?

We should get the black jersey for two reasons:

1. We are the top qualifier.
2. We have worn black for over 100 years, and now the French want us to change? Pssh.

We should get the black jersey for two reasons:

1. We are the top qualifier.
2. We have worn black for over 100 years, and now the French want us to change? Pssh.
[/b]

I wouldn't care if we were playing Scotland at Murrayfield (if we were wearing white, not grey), but just the fact those suave Frenchies have decided to against their 100 year tradition and wear something more fashionable along with the ploy of taking our right away to wear the Black jersey really grinds my gears.

Then their plan is working to perfection.
Just take it on the chin - isn't this their aim: to wind up the kiwis?

Then their plan is working to perfection.
Just take it on the chin - isn't this their aim: to wind up the kiwis?
[/b]

It is to some extent, those of which who are ****** off are just the Kiwi public. I very much doubt the team would care, it would give them motivation if anything.

So when the hell are the IRB going to make thier decision?

They keep pushing it back by 24 Hours.

if you think about the money that revolves around the all blacks. 10 years ago no one would go to the game if lomu wasnt playing. people know the all blacks as the dominating team in black. if it wasnt for the marketing around the all blacks and their jersy, rugby imo will not be as big as it is today. not saying rugby is good becase of a silly black jersy, but the amount of marketing around it has significantly effected the game.

personally i hope when france comes to tour here next we kick them to the kerb and make them wear pink or something.

who cares what colour jersey we have? really its not the first time this has happend, it wont be the last.

new zealnads alternate strip is a bit dodgy, it still has too much black in it to really make a difference. They should have had it all white pretty much, with black colars maybe black lines in it, not a patchwork job that they have. it does look cool but its still got too much black imo.

we arnt called the all blacks by the colour of our jersey. remember how the name came about? it was a typo in some newspaper in europe somewhere, i cnat remember where, they were meant to write all backs run riot (or something to that effect, not run riot but meh you get the idea) but they put an 'l' in there for some reason, accidently and it has just stuck.

really they shouldnt have changed it the way they have, but i would rather the french play in white, cause its a much better alternate jersey.

sounds like the powers at be (ITV) dont like the way the kits are clashing on tv anyway so it might come down to that.

if you think about the money that revolves around the all blacks. 10 years ago no one would go to the game if lomu wasnt playing. people know the all blacks as the dominating team in black. if it wasnt for the marketing around the all blacks and their jersy, rugby imo will not be as big as it is today. not saying rugby is good becase of a silly black jersy, but the amount of marketing around it has significantly effected the game.

personally i hope when france comes to tour here next we kick them to the kerb and make them wear pink or something. [/b]

Thats right. We NZ'ers are throwing a tantrum again, lol. Did we not get our little, wittle way?

Rugby would end within a year of NZ stopping playing, no doubt. I agree with Woosaah, it's just a bloody jersey colour. Are we now demanding to be the only team in world sport who never has to wear an away strip?

It happens sweet f**k all as it stands. If we don't play as well without Black, then what kind of sporting team do we have?

We're the best team, and well branded and marketed no doubt at all, but if we were ranked 12th in the world, who'd buy the All Black jersey then?

C A Iversen your always moaning about something if its not the haka its the bloody jersey. Make your bloody mind up eh!

C A Iversen your always moaning about something if its not the haka its the bloody jersey. Make your bloody mind up eh! [/b]
He isn't moaning you tard! He's making a well weighted, well thought out argument without too much bias.

There's a rule and it's been applied. The choice of jersey is drawn has the engagement and game side is beetween the both team.
We cannot imagine the captain of one of the 2 refusing the side of the playground because this one is sunny or any other reason

France won (At least will have they won something !!) and have chosen to play in blue. It's done and we have to respect this choice. It's from then to NZ to adapt.

By then I don't mind if NZ is playing in all black or in another color from the moment we can make the difference beetween the teams.

From then I find a bit exagerated the argument that the grey jersey color is too close from the French blue.
I've seen the two ones,really no confusion possible and no comparison with the problem seen on the NZ/Scotland match where the 2 jerseys were both black and grey with just different drawings

I think the france must play in blue an the NZ play in GRIS !!!!!! because it's France 2007 not NZ 2007 :ranting:

There's a rule and it's been applied. The choice of jersey is drawn has the engagement and game side is beetween the both team.
We cannot imagine the captain of one of the 2 refusing the side of the playground because this one is sunny or any other reason

France won (At least will have they won something !!) and have chosen to play in blue. It's done and we have to respect this choice. It's from then to NZ to adapt.

By then I don't mind if NZ is playing in all black or in another color from the moment we can make the difference beetween the teams.

From then I find a bit exagerated the argument that the grey jersey color is too close from the French blue.
I've seen the two ones,really no confusion possible and no comparison with the problem seen on the NZ/Scotland match where the 2 jerseys were both black and grey with just different drawings
[/b]

Well summed up hit the nail on the head imo.

Lets just play some rugby!

Final decision taken, French will play in blue, with white shorts and socks, and NZ will play in the silver they had against Scotland.

Such a noise with that. I'm wondering if all that stuff was more a questions of money because of sponsors. NZ vs France becoming more Adidas vs Nike !!!!