• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Six nations tv thread

IMHO the Six Nations should be Cat A and stay on the BBC.

I have BT sports and thoroughly enjoy the coverage, as someone said earlier it is very much aimed at the genuine fan as opposed to the casual fan. But, to keep bringing new people into the game the Six Nations need to remain terrestrial.

Definitely been an effort to improve the coverage this year (new on-screen graphics/overlay, new stat provisions, new/updated "studio" and a "six nations rewind" on BBC2 now).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wales v England audience figures for last night - 9m peak; 8m for most of the match. (E v NZ autumn on Sky 0.9m)</p>&mdash; Brian Moore (@brianmoore666) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/564011482036568064">February 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Definitely been an effort to improve the coverage this year (new on-screen graphics/overlay, new stat provisions, new/updated "studio" and a "six nations rewind" on BBC2 now).

they are using the same company as sky now, that guys who posted the really slick analysis videos Liam Dunseath is helping with the graphics side of things (he owns/works for the the company that has the equipment).

Yeah, the graphics just needed an overlay, and the additional stats/analysis add some depth.

All they need now is one or two new on-screen personell and I think the coverage will be pretty good, rather than simply decent.

Yeah, the graphics just needed an overlay, and the additional stats/analysis add some depth.

All they need now is one or two new on-screen personell and I think the coverage will be pretty good, rather than simply decent.

completely agree, though i have to say from the current crop Woodward is not too bad, and Guscott as much as i never used to like him seems to vibe well off Woodward.

The big issue for me is Jiffy, he can't stop talking, as soon as someone says something he interrupts and finishes what they were saying as if it was his own insight. I'd also like to see Andy Nichols and eddie butler kicked into touch - we can keep Moore as he'stoned it down in the last few season.

Who's got the World Cup is it ITV still?

completely agree, though i have to say from the current crop Woodward is not too bad, and Guscott as much as i never used to like him seems to vibe well off Woodward.

The big issue for me is Jiffy, he can't stop talking, as soon as someone says something he interrupts and finishes what they were saying as if it was his own insight. I'd also like to see Andy Nichols and eddie butler kicked into touch - we can keep Moore as he'stoned it down in the last few season.

Who's got the World Cup is it ITV still?

Sadly ITV have exclusive rights for the whole tournament with all games being shown on either ITV1 and ITV4.

The main thing is at least its free-to-air tv still.

that is a shame, will they bring the SKY TV presenting crew ? - certainly 2007 they were all onboard iirc.

The BBC must keep the 6 nations on terrestrial tv.
Firstly plenty of supporters in Wales can't afford sky and the last thing rugby needs is sky money turning players into over paid prima donnas like soccer has become.
BT sport, internet and landline offer a cheap alternative (under £30 for the entry level for all 3 services) This was great last year when the top 14 was shown, but they sold out to sky this season.
This season BT show the English premiership, its not a patch on the top 14 and before I get accused of being a Welshman baiting the English again, the Rabo Direct doesn't make good viewing either.
What I would really like is for a broadcaster to put a package together showing matches from the English championship, Welsh premiership and French pro Division 2, even if they only showed extended highlights.

6 Nations needs to stay on terrestrial it keep RU in the minds of folks in general.

However I'm fully pro other coverages I was sitting down wondering how matches of Bath's I've watched this season 6 premiership matches so far, I believe missing one due to marrying my wife during it, I also watched 4 out of 6 Champions Cup matches (I can't remember exactly why I missed the Montpellier games). I'm due at least 7 more matches this season which is pretty good value for money as it's fiver more a month to get HD over my internet fibre that I'd have regardless of the rugby. You can argue about the quality of presentation but getting that level of coverage for your side in any sport in this country is pretty well going. So yeah I think as rugby fans in England we're actually pretty well served. No idea what Sky's coverage of other domestic leagues is like in terms of games but imagine it's rubbish if their domestic cricket is anything to go by.

Thought last weekend was better, the Axis of Evil that is Jiffy and Butler seperated - Jiffy banished to the analysis box.. much better.

Someone who I think has turned into a really good analyst is Shane Horgan - would love to see him come in.

Thought last weekend was better, the Axis of Evil that is Jiffy and Butler seperated - Jiffy banished to the analysis box.. much better.

Someone who I think has turned into a really good analyst is Shane Horgan - would love to see him come in.

He's doing work with RO'G on RTÉ, a very good pair of analysts. Quite funny too.

BBC claiming over 9m watched England vs France. Definitely should stick with free to view.

Also some premiership games should be shown.

Latest posts