• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Smit to continue as Boks skipper.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about there Webby.

Unlike England (and other European countries) where the population is more or less equal over a large, in South Africa we have a unique way the population is distributed due to Apartheid. For example, in KZN, there isn't another city or infastructure of Durbans stature HUNDREDS of kilometers away. More than half of KZN's population lived in undeveloped areas aka poverty.

Get your facts straight before you even try to compare SA and England

I don't see your point. What you just said underlines my argument if anything. The fact that Durban is the biggest city for miles around means it requires a huge stadium, and will have a larger supporter catchment than most places.

On the other hand, a city like Leicester is in direct competition with places like Northampton, Bedford, Nottingham etc. Therefore the size of stadium reflects the catchment area.

Slapping what steve? Your bald head because you've ripped out your hair trolling people taking you apart on the words 'laid back'?

Also, rather than dive in hoping to score points, try to understand what you are reading. When i say there are question marks about Russells' defence, i wasn't asking you a question about him, i'm saying that there are actual question marks and doubts about his defensive capabilities expressed by the saracens faithful.

Also, please stop pretending that you are the authority on the guinness premiership. Its quite cringe worthy and not a good reflection on yourself. You'll find that in the last two four year cycles, bristol, london irish, glouscester, northampton and saracens have all made serious challenges for various competitions. Finally, considering that saracens haven't got a player in the elite squad, they've turned over bath, leicester and wasps so far this season.

In any case, this is all deviating from the core question (which you still haven't answered yet) namely what do you mean by 'laid back'? I won't push you though, as i do not want you to make an even bigger fool of yourself than you are already with another round of ill informed and pretentious bluster.

In any case, i doubt you really know anyway.

Sorry Webby your intentions weren't very clear. But I'm glad that you acknowledge that their are more supports thus more pressure on the players.

That's what I've been saying from the beginning. SH player are leaving for smaller, less pressured clubs in the NH. Therefore money must be considered the main motivator, and not participating in the 'next level' of rugby.

And prestick you DID claim that I didn't answer your about Russells defence. Read your previous post. Or must I quote you?

You have swayed from the core of my first post. I'm not out to rip off your team.

NH teams have less pressure on them and therefore are more laid back, than SH teams. It's not rocket science.

Take a deep breath, and re-read this thread.

EDIT - But then again, after reading your post again Webby, it seems you're echoing my thoughts once again. So I take that sorry back cause your intentions are actually quite clear! :D

Actually you seem to have missed my point regarding stadium sizes. You seem to equate more people with more passion. I've been to Newlands, so do know what I'm talking about - while it is a bigger crowd, you will get just an expectent and partizan crowd at Welford Road or Gloucester's shed. Or Thomond Park, or Ravenhill, or Stradey Park.

In this case size isn't everything.

I in no way implied that the size of the crowd affects the passion of the supports.

I said in one of my previous posts that, for me, 50000 drunk passionate supporters add more pressure on a player than 10000 drunk passionate supporters.

And prestick you DID claim that I didn't answer your about Russells defence. Read your previous post. Or must I quote you?

You have swayed from the core of my first post. I'm not out to rip off your team.

NH teams have less pressure on them and therefore are more laid back, than SH teams. It's not rocket science.[/b]

No, I said that you hadn't responded to my point about his defensive frailties. If you want to discuss Brent Russell, you have to acknowledge the other point of view and not say "well he has a big CV" and leave it at that. Would you like to take this opportunity to express your thoughts about Brent Russell's defensive capabilities?

And while I know you're not out to rip off my team, you've misunderstood (again) what I've been saying. This isn't a conspiracy against Saracens, its just a basic fact of life that unless you play for one of the bigger teams, you'll find it incredibly tough to get in the squad. HRH Richard Hill (i.e. GOD) only got in the team because Sir Clive Woodward grabbed him and ignored all calls from the establishment to replace him with a more 'suitable' candidate.

That's what I've been saying from the beginning. SH player are leaving for smaller, less pressured clubs in the NH. Therefore money must be considered the main motivator, and not participating in the 'next level' of rugby.[/b]

Please, just stop, for the love of god...stop. Before the ignorance kills me stone dead. The idea that there is less pressure at a Guiness Premiership or a French side just baffles me. Would Steve survive the night at Biarritz if he said that? Lets stay tuned and find out...

Take a deep breath, and re-read this thread. [/b]

This is the ironic thing about this whole saga. I've spent most of this thread sitting in the TRF jaccuzi pool, enjoying a lovely pint and watching Steve jump up and down, screaming his lungs out and generally wax hysterical about the difference between "more" and "laid back".

You're getting a little ahead of yourself, ease off the accelerator there buddy.

Once again Prestwick you've failed to bring anything of substance to the debate.

I've brought evidence of a player saying NH players are more laid back, stats, and figures to back my argument.

You've brought nothing even close to match that. All you've brought forward is, like the Brits say, ********.

You seemed obsessed with this word 'more'. All I did was correct your miss quote by putting 'more' in capitals, to emphasize it.

And in the last few posts you've put on the 'I'm Mac Daddy cool' face. Claiming I'm yelling my lungs out. Have I used exclaimation marks? Nope, just more ******** from you.

I'll make this easy for you by giving you straight up questions. Give an answer and a reason, and evidence to back both.

1) Do you believe NH rugby adds more pressure than what SH players are used to?

2) Do you believe that crowd size has no affect on a players psyche?

3) Do you have any facts to back up any of your claims?

That should give me a good indication of how in touch you are with reality

He may not be the best hooker SA has to offer, but he is respected by the players and management, and he is a good leader, and hopefully he makes his way back to play.

Once again Prestwick you've failed to bring anything of substance to the debate.

I've brought evidence of a player saying NH players are more laid back, stats, and figures to back my argument.

You've brought nothing even close to match that. All you've brought forward is, like the Brits say, ********.

You seemed obsessed with this word 'more'. All I did was correct your miss quote by putting 'more' in capitals, to emphasize it.

And in the last few posts you've put on the 'I'm Mac Daddy cool' face. Claiming I'm yelling my lungs out. Have I used exclaimation marks? Nope, just more ******** from you.

I'll make this easy for you by giving you straight up questions. Give an answer and a reason, and evidence to back both.

1) Do you believe NH rugby adds more pressure than what SH players are used to?

2) Do you believe that crowd size has no affect on a players psyche?

3) Do you have any facts to back up any of your claims?

That should give me a good indication of how in touch you are with reality [/b]

1) Yes. There is no relegation in S14. Simple as that. Every game is a must win in Guiness or Top14. (See NZ crumbling under pressure time and time again).

2) It has effect, but as much as financial pressure from the Sponsors etc...
3) See 1.

JS may be a good captain but... S.A has got way better talent in the hooker department... His understudy at the Sharks Bismarck du Plessis or even Schalk Britz

He was a good captain! If they still want to represent there country
let them.

JS may be a good captain but... S.A has got way better talent in the hooker department... His understudy at the Sharks Bismarck du Plessis or even Schalk Britz
[/b]
True they are the better players, you must take the best!

Smit may be the third or fourth best hooker in SA, but he is a very good captain! He inspires the players where other captains in the past could not!

Latest posts