• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Soundtrack

I listen to metal music with screaming and what not. But Slipknot is just noise! They try waaaay to hard, like doing disgusting things on stage. Slipknot is what 13 year old 'rebels' listen to cause they think it's 'cool'.

That said, rap's shite too.

Anyway, enough of discussing Slipknot in the rugby part of the forum.

I would LIKE to see:

Trivium
Bullet For My Valentine
Slipknot
SOAD
Arch Enemy
Machine Head
The Subways

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 26 2006, 09:47 AM
Anyway, enough of discussing Slipknot in the rugby part of the forum.

I would LIKE to see:

Trivium
Bullet For My Valentine
Slipknot
SOAD
Arch Enemy
Machine Head
The Subways
Die you
<

That **** wouldn't suit a Rugby game.

You may see Bullet for my Valentine though, their one decent song is on the Madden 06 soundtrack (dont know what its called, better then the rest of their **** though) and EA likes to recycle the songs between games as I noticed on FIFA 06.

SOAD shouldn't be on a Rugby game, and thats coming from someone who likes them.

We need the sort of music they play at the Sevens and stadiums during breaks and at halftime... Th' Dudes - Bliss (That has to be in the game... note to EA : Put it in or else i'll shove a toothpick in your eye) and the like.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 25 2006, 08:55 PM
emo music - urrrgh gross
Bullet for my Valentine aren't emo I don't think...screamo (which is metal...with screaming). Emo is stuff like My Chemical Romance, Taking back Sunday etc.

One thing I don't want to see is alot of this new british music...you know, indie stuff. One band was OK, but the whole thing went too far. I like Bloc Party and Snow Patrol and I don't mind Franz Ferdinand but anything else isn't that great, just a copy.

Just to add to the mix..this is what's in my mp3 player today:

Funeral for a Friend - Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation & Hours
Coheed and Cambria - random tracks
Haste the Day - random tracks
Finch - What it is to Burn & Say Hell to Sunshine
Death from Above 1979 - Your a woman, I'm a machine
Dead Poetic - Modern Medicines (I think that's what it's called)
Hawthorne Heights - The Scilence in the Black and White

Now if that playlist appeared on R06 I'd be chuffed and surprised!

Originally posted by Ripper+Jan 25 2006, 09:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Jan 25 2006, 09:01 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Jan 26 2006, 09:56 AM
Its not emo music, it has a meaning. Well some of it anyway...
<
50 Cent has more meaning then Slipknot [/b]
50 Cent talks balls...all 'gangsta' rappers do. They think they're hard...in insight violence and gun crime and glamourise the worst parts of black american society.

Emo is a bunch of adolescents whinging about being dumped/single/cheated on etc so neither is better than the other in terms of lyrics.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Jan 26 2006, 10:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Jan 26 2006, 10:04 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Jan 25 2006, 09:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Air Ben
@Jan 26 2006, 09:56 AM
Its not emo music, it has a meaning. Well some of it anyway...
<

50 Cent has more meaning then Slipknot
50 Cent talks balls...all 'gangsta' rappers do. They think they're hard...in insight violence and gun crime and glamourise the worst parts of black american society.

Emo is a bunch of adolescents whinging about being dumped/single/cheated on etc so neither is better than the other in terms of lyrics. [/b]
But 50 Cents songs have a point, and that is he's a rich ***** because dumbarses out there buy his albums in droves.

Slipknots are just inaudible screaming.

50 Cent? Pffffffttt.

"Oh look, I got shot 9 times...I'm all gangster and my pimping sessions are all over the hood"
Give me strength, 50 Cent does nothing but suck on cock.

ive seen ffaf not by choice they were supporting iron maiden

i hate emo music - people think its so deep and meaningful but its not - its **** - its not at all poetic

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 25 2006, 11:02 PM
ive seen ffaf not by choice they were supporting iron maiden

i hate emo music - people think its so deep and meaningful but its not - its **** - its not at all poetic
I like funeral for a friend, I don't think they are emo. To be honest, people who care about what the lyrics say don't really appreciate the song itself. It's not about what they lyrics say...there's alot more to it than that.

I would like to see some prodigy in there. Aussie coverage quite often uses firestarter which definately suits rugby.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Emo is a bunch of adolescents whinging about being dumped/single/cheated on etc so neither is better than the other in terms of lyrics.[/b]

And Emo-core is a bunch of adolescents whinging and Screaming about being dumped/single/cheated on etc so neither is better than the other in terms of lyrics.

Lets have a look at your 'current playlist'

Funeral for a Friend - Casually Dressed and Deep in Conversation & Hours Top Stuff
Coheed and Cambria - random tracks Again Awesome
Haste the Day - random tracks Emo-Core
Finch - What it is to Burn & Say Hell to Sunshine Emo/Emo-core
Death from Above 1979 - Your a woman, I'm a machine havent heard it but name sounds Emo
Dead Poetic - Modern Medicines (I think that's what it's called) Emo-core
Hawthorne Heights - The Scilence in the Black and White Emo-core

hmmm......

In saying that i like emo/emocore. Just found it hypocritcal (don't know if thats the right word or spelling but should be able to guess what I mean).

And Slipknot sucks.

Originally posted by Air Ben@Jan 26 2006, 09:17 AM
50 Cent? Pffffffttt.

"Oh look, I got shot 9 times...I'm all gangster and my pimping sessions are all over the hood"
Give me strength, 50 Cent does nothing but suck on cock.
<

I am missing something here?

How does criticising, quite justifiably, bullshit rap mindless 'look at my rings and butchez' nonsense change the following fact in any way?

* Slipknot suck the kumara *

deflecting criticism onto another equally crap genre (for the most part) mean anything?

Oh and SOAD are great! seen them live too.......

but hey, pointless discussion, air ben might be young and developing his taste in 'music' at an adolescent stage OR it could be that ol' chestnut =

there is no accounting for taste.

<

Latest posts