• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa squad for the Rugby Championship

Lol angry little bearch hehe...touchy touchy I see and typical ne eyed japie no sensejust engage the mouth with the brain in reverse....what a twat

Lol, no need for name calling.

I'm just stating facts, and looking at The Bok squad in a more positive manner. The Boks will have the second best front row of the Super 15 to their disposal in the Beast, Bismarck and Jannie. Who stood their own against a Samoan, Tongan, and I dunno what else in the final.

You all have just negative things to say about the boks, and I'm getting sick and tired of this Bullshit!! we had 3 teams in the playoffs of the Super 15! our rugby is strong! and come Rugby Championship, we'll show you once again what force we are.

And don't ever call me a twat again.

Ah yes, that piece of crap again... I think our backline did more than enough to Dominate England in a 3 test series.

There are more than enough experience in the forwards to aid JDV just as they did against England. Beast, Bismarck, Pierre Spies, Andries Bekker.

Our boring 10-man Rugby won us 2 World Cups and then some... Last time I checked we're still number 3 in the world.

And while Steyn is 1 dimensional, the Bulls are a prime example of how even though they play boring rugby (according to you naysayers) played some great rugby in the Super 15, and have the joint leading try scorer in the tournament (Bjorn Basson) yes!! A f***ing winger!

How about you all just shut up and see what happens!

No matter who we pick, no matter how you disagree with the team or was and wasn't picked. We will fight, we will be competitive, and who knows, maybe, we'll just win the whole bloody thing!!

We don't struggle anymore touring. We have won much more games away recently than previous decades... In Argentina we have a pretty damn good record! And by winning away from the start, can just build on our momentum.

If you think that the Boks have the winning combinations then you will be happy that the Boks have won

3 out of the 14 Super series
3 Tri Nations Championships since 1998
Loss ratio record that is 13 in favour of the All Blacks
Won 2007 RWC without having to play AB's, Wallabies, French, Ireland.....Also needed an Ozzie coach to make it happen WTF!!!

Dont be so angry when you are challenged about where other people see your beloved Boks. Because for every point you make there is an absolute answer for and if you want 10 man rugby and you love Morne and you think the Bulls are the shiit then great and good on you......It just that the future of rugby laws and rules have changed and teams like the Sharks have taken this on and it is the right way to go.

However OZ and AB's are already two years ahead of the Boks thats why you are 3rd.....And will stay 3rd if you continue to play 10 man rugby which is so "yesterday"

Good luck Fulla

BOOM BOOM

Forgive me I do apologise and it was not necessary and I did change it

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, no need for name calling.

I'm just stating facts, and looking at The Bok squad in a more positive manner. The Boks will have the second best front row of the Super 15 to their disposal in the Beast, Bismarck and Jannie. Who stood their own against a Samoan, Tongan, and I dunno what else in the final.

You all have just negative things to say about the boks, and I'm getting sick and tired of this Bullshit!! we had 3 teams in the playoffs of the Super 15! our rugby is strong! and come Rugby Championship, we'll show you once again what force we are.

And don't ever call me a twat again.
Lol dont be so precious my Japie fulla....Yes you had 3 in the final six but that means nothing when all 3 lose???? Go Figure????

The Boks will suffer massive confidence loss after being severly smacked and spanked by the Chiefs.....After all the hype and glory that the Sharks did offer it was a pity that they capitualted after only putting in 20 minutes.

You bring it on Bokkies but as they say its all in the winning that counts

Boom

If you think that the Boks have the winning combinations then you will be happy that the Boks have won

3 out of the 14 Super series
3 Tri Nations Championships since 1998
Loss ratio record that is 13 in favour of the All Blacks
Won 2007 RWC without having to play AB's, Wallabies, French, Ireland.....Also needed an Ozzie coach to make it happen WTF!!!

Dont be so angry when you are challenged about where other people see your beloved Boks. Because for every point you make there is an absolute answer for and if you want 10 man rugby and you love Morne and you think the Bulls are the shiit then great and good on you......It just that the future of rugby laws and rules have changed and teams like the Sharks have taken this on and it is the right way to go.

However OZ and AB's are already two years ahead of the Boks thats why you are 3rd.....And will stay 3rd if you continue to play 10 man rugby which is so "yesterday"

Good luck Fulla

BOOM BOOM

I know there is an answer for everything I say, and some of them might be true, and some of them might be false, I don't care what you say, as you are a kiwi, and as it has happened so often on this site, you are just as one-eyed as some Saffas (or as you'd like to call us, *****).

Our 10 man rugby is getting old, yes I agree, I've said that in my first post on this thread, so why keep on attacking me? I also said Morne Steyn shouldn't be in the squad, so why say I love Morne Steyn?? yes I am a Bulls fan, and yes I like Morne Steyn, but if he's not on form, then he shouldn't be in the squad. I've said this countless times.

As for this squad that was announced, it's just for the Argentina leg of the tournament, and the squad will be trimmed to 26 before they travel over to Argentina.

As for saying the Boks will only play 10 man rugby, I hope you get a rude awakening. As Heyneke Meyer is one of the smartest coaches in the international scene and he strives for perfection. he will focus on every opposing team individually and will find ways to beat them.

Our 10-man rugby worked well vs England as they play somewhat the same style of rugby as us. and yet, our backline still scored the majority of tries... yes we scored tries, we didn't win on penalties alone (we wouldn't have won then as Morne Steyn couldn't kick for ****).

What will be NZ and Aus excuses be when the Boks beat them this year? what will you say then? I bet it won't be anything like: "They outsmarted us", "they were better than us", "they were more clinical than us"...

It would most probably be something like: "it was just not our night", "we had some bad calls against us" (yeah right, is Wayne Barnes a ref during the Championship)... "Bad luck and the bounce of the ball didn't go our way".

Go ahead, continue with your tirade, let's see what happens.

You are at the moment all talk and no action...

Just like an aussie swimmer at the 2012 Olympics...

My pick AB's to take out inaugral Rugby Championship by winning all their games. Wallabies to be a second Bokkies to lose game in Mendoza.

Boks travel to OZ to play wallabies then turn around to play AB's in SA....AB's in Argentina so travel factor will play against the Boks....NZ to put up a big score in final game on the fast hard surfaces of the Bok nation.....Boks forgotten how to run on their own fields so AB's happy to teach them a lesson or ten......Wallabies will also be strong this year Genia/Cooper will run rings around Morne and Hougarrd combination.

Cant wait to see the pain being bought to bear on the Boks

My pick AB's to take out inaugral Rugby Championship by winning all their games. Wallabies to be a second Bokkies to lose game in Mendoza.

Boks travel to OZ to play wallabies then turn around to play AB's in SA....AB's in Argentina so travel factor will play against the Boks....NZ to put up a big score in final game on the fast hard surfaces of the Bok nation.....Boks forgotten how to run on their own fields so AB's happy to teach them a lesson or ten......Wallabies will also be strong this year Genia/Cooper will run rings around Morne and Hougarrd combination.

Cant wait to see the pain being bought to bear on the Boks
lol.
Heineken don't bother with this oke.

Wow, the people are in each others faces again even before the kick-off
Can everyone calm the frag down, we have this under control...:lol:

Regarding the squad selected for only the first 2 matches against the Pumas.
Hmm, not bad considering the opposition, can't complain too much, very forward and tactical squad selected.

Some insight to the somewhat aggressive Kiwi's, albeit very humorous statements (don't stop now please).
90% of the "that guy" supporters do not want Morne Steyn in the squad as we believe the is a serious liability when his forwards are not dominating and his no 9 does not give him exceptional ball in his position, 60 meters form the scrum. But then Heyneke Meyer and his team coaches a style of rugby that they think will win, be it right or wrong, thus far they have succeeded so let's give them some slack. Johan Goosen, will get back to him later

Now let's go through the other pet hates we have:
Pierre Spies - He tends to dissapear in tight games, even Pierre and the coach admits to this, stilll they feel he is the best currently availbale - Kanko messed up when he sighned with Japan while he was out of form. Not worth even discussing this one. Duanne Vermeulen, will get back to him later
Zane Kirscher - People wanted Louis Ludik in there or maybe even Jo Pietersen - Zane still have decent stats in SuperRugby, good under the high ball, stable, decent defender and can link up with the backline and not a bad try scoring record. - take note ZA coaches have always had a fasination with size and he is considerably bigger that the other two.
Jano Vermaak - He is the no 2 at the Bulls but when given the opportunity, a very fast distributor and a keen eye for a gap, Why not young Piet van Zyl, he will get his time, this is not a big one to me.

Now, hypothetically speaking had Johan Goosen and Duanne Vermeulen been fit and selected into the starting 15, how much would your perception have changed about the game plan, the coach and the chances of competing well in this tournament??

I say again, a coach that is respected by most with a decent rugby knowledge, give them ( the Bok management team) time and judge them accordingly after they have screwed up, they have not yet
Bring the rest on, South Africa will be ready

Wow, I'm just glad for Kolisi. I doubt he'll get a start but I'm holding thumbs he at least gets a bench spot and takes his chances when it comes.

Difficult to comment on the squad up until Meyer truly shows his hand by picking a starting XV. Lets take the 10 position; sure Steyn is off form in a bad way but at the same time Lambie is included in the squad and Goosen in injured. Every team would at least include their encumbent 10 in the squad so I'm not going to flip my lid just yet. With all of Brussow, Burger, Smith and Vermeulen injured it'd be a bit unfair flying into Meyer on the Spies issue (and for me it is an issue) as he is the only experienced loose forward standing (with Kanko going East and North). Kirschner though I can't really comprehend with Ludik in some awesome form. Maybe he is holding out and waiting for Taute. Would be interesting to know what Meyer's plans would have been with Taute had he not injured.

News just in is that Konkowski and Fourie du Preez will most likely be in the squads before the Boks face the All Black and Wallabies

Wow, I'm just glad for Kolisi. I doubt he'll get a start but I'm holding thumbs he at least gets a bench spot and takes his chances when it comes.

Difficult to comment on the squad up until Meyer truly shows his hand by picking a starting XV. Lets take the 10 position; sure Steyn is off form in a bad way but at the same time Lambie is included in the squad and Goosen in injured. Every team would at least include their encumbent 10 in the squad so I'm not going to flip my lid just yet. With all of Brussow, Burger, Smith and Vermeulen injured it'd be a bit unfair flying into Meyer on the Spies issue (and for me it is an issue) as he is the only experienced loose forward standing (with Kanko going East and North). Kirschner though I can't really comprehend with Ludik in some awesome form. Maybe he is holding out and waiting for Taute. Would be interesting to know what Meyer's plans would have been with Taute had he not injured.

This

Injuries sure are stopping HM from picking every guy in form.

Pierre Spies IMO is not an Issue. He was one of the better players in the England tests, according to newspapers and some of the members on the forum, he's experienced, and he's the ONLY real 8th we have available. Alberts, Daniel, Kolisi etc are all flankers who can play at 8.

I hope that when HM trims the team down to 26, that Morne Steyn is one who stays at home and let Lambie and Jantjies go to Argentina.

As for Kirchner, HM is a strong believer of the philosophy "A Big Good player is always better than a Small Good Player". This is why he's still in the squad.

If we have a hard look at the team, is there really one guy in there which we can honestly say, "ag he's kak, he should never have been picked in the first place". I don't think so. Our forwards speaks volumes of our great depth and that we can pick great players even with so many injuries.

Our Backline is slowly coming together under HM. For the first time in 5 years, they have a game plan to play with now and the more they play together, the better they will be.

We aren't going to get it any easier against the other teams in this competition than what we had against England in terms of the forwards fronting up to our challenge (which England only really managed in the 3rd test mind) and defense and we are probably going to have to deal with a lot more smarts in terms of attack and us having to shut down opposition attack and getting parity at the breakdown (I say getting parity as we aren't going to dominate this area of the game against anyone).

In terms of game plan we either need to add some arrows to our quiver or at least get some accuracy. Hougaard isn't helping an off-form Steyn. We need to look at our combinations. Lambie being used at 15 for both club and country isn't helping anyone IMO.

That said we have a squad with a lot of new faces and zero continuity ITO coaching added to a combination of experienced and form players being injured and I for one am sure Meyer will get things in line even if it might happen at a slower pace than I would like. We have already seen an injection of form players and youngsters given a chance with varying amounts of success. I can't wait for the tournament and already love the new format with Arg coming in to add some more variance and flavor to the mix.

Last edited:
I'm actually not too bothered, as long as Goosen is in the end of the year tour and makes the no.10 jersey his next year I'm happy. Morne can play all he wants because Goosen's time is coming. Like Heineken said it looks like Meyer is slowly building a potential squad for the years to come. Kirchner is baffling though.

No matter what team S.A have in the championship they will be hard to beat.

As an ab supporter I love when we get a win over S.A, more out of respect for S.A as I think they are the ABs greatest rivals in rugby.

wangavegas1 - Pack it in. No need to report people for calling you a troll, you'r behaviour is exactly of one. If you can't play nice, you can sit on the naughty step.

lol.
Heineken don't bother with this oke.
Truth hurts just wait too see the results....hehe

wangavegas1 - Pack it in. No need to report people for calling you a troll, you'r behaviour is exactly of one. If you can't play nice, you can sit on the naughty step.
Stop being a two face nerd mate if that is accepted then your being a "TRoll"

Last edited by a moderator:
Boks team looking weak in these areas:

half back
First five
Full back
Centre

Thats dangerous in international rugby when you lack the depth and abiulity but also the penetration to counter act or beat opposing back lines. OZ and ABs are just going tpo be too strong against a very inexperienced BOK team with very limited leadership qualities.

I fear the state of BOK rugby after the possible hammerings they will get from the AB's and Wallabies..............

Latest posts