• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa vs British and Irish Lions - Test 2

Even worse than the second Lions performance will be the South African fans. Literally he WORST winners in world rugby.
Speaking from a position of experience, I don't think there are any good winners in rugby. Maybe the French/Italians? They seem to enjoy it but suspect that might be language issues

Don't know why anyone expected a Warren Gatland coached side to have a plan B when out muscled
Never has done, never will

This was always going to happen - even if we do (supposedly) have an attack coach on tour

AWJ hasn't been the problem today, there's no reason to drop him.

Kolbe should be banned, quite possibly Faf too.
Not the problem I agree, but hasn't done a huge amount either. Which feels mad when you've got Hendo twiddling his willy and Lawes playing pretty well at 6.

So what we have learned this week is

- create an hour video like a winging ***** and literally avoid multiple clear cut reds the following week.
- The lions back 3 can be utterly shocking under the high ball.
- Ken Owens darts are far from perfect
- The lions scrum is not as solid as last week suggested.
- The Dislike for Daly is so much that's he's responsible for the back 3 (he's not included in) ******** the bed due to leading training (tongue in cheek I appreciate but it's something he is constantly criticised for don't think it's a good look tbf).
- AWJ really doesn't constitute an awful lot.

AWJ hasn't been the problem today, there's no reason to drop him.

Kolbe should be banned, quite possibly Faf too.
Not saying he should be dropped, but you'd hope his leadership would avoid that second half meltdown. Felt similarly about the Wales vs France game and fairly sure a less experienced experienced captain would have it pinned on them.

**** second half from the Lions, **** bench. Lots of changes needed. Was always going to come down to the third test.

Lions didn't look like scoring once in the entire match. Just high kicks hoping for the best. So much attacking talent wasted many times.

Lions didn't look like scoring once in the entire match. Just high kicks hoping for the best. So much attacking talent wasted many times.
Why attack when you can just blindly run into probably the most physical side in the game over and over and over and over and

AWJ had an alright game but I don't care - these type of games are the EXACT type that Henderson thrives in. He is far more aggressive and a far better ball carrier. I'm not buying the leadership stuff, these boys are at the highest level and many captain their clubs and respective countries. Henderson is his club captain and has captained Ireland before. He needs in.

I want Beirne more involved too, bringing him on at the 71st minute isn't good enough.

Williams and Adams in as everyone else is saying.

Jones and Sutherland were extremely poor, not good bench replacements.

The biggest thing for me is this is the 3rd game in a row now against SA where the Lions have shown no real attacking plan. Just hoof the ball at them and hope for the best. We don't appear to even have a clear idea of whether we contest or look to turnover the player when they land. It's pretty damning on Townsend and Gatland just how atrocious the attack is.

Even worse than the second Lions performance will be the South African fans. Literally he WORST winners in world rugby.
One week closer to 12 more years, you're welcome
Lions lost it in almost the exact same way the Boks lost it last week, Boks more accurate and clinical, they are still some distance of full potential, next week they could start to fire again

@TRF_Olyy please delete my account and all messages here like WelshExile I have had enough of the toxic atmosphere and no longer want to be a part of it

Latest posts