• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sponsor on the RLWC shirts

Do you agree with sponsor on RLWC shirts?

• Total voters

Jaguares

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
What do you think about this?

131022024642436405.jpg

Do you think that they should emulate Union that doesn't allow the sponsors on the RWC shirts?

131022024528751166.jpg

131022024526280424.jpg

131022024524930808.jpg

don't have sponsors in any football internationals....i assume that is an indication of how big each sport is

Gives the impression of a 2nd rate competition that way, much like the 2nd rate annual IIHF World Cup.

Well, other than a few countries the fact is league just isn't big enough globally not to allow sponsorship for individual teams. Many countries struggle in union to get their teams to RWC, so I don't know how teams with small populations or low interest in league such as Cook Island or USA would be able to attend without sponsorship. Add that to the fact that league has existed most of its life as a professional sport.

What really hurt this tournament the most that it's being scheduled during the busy Fall sporting season. NFL in the USA and in Europe Association Football are in full swing. June/July would be a much better time and I do understand that the NRL and Super League would need to interrupt their respective seasons.

June and July would be ideal for everyone else apart from the big 3 countries. The tournament has always taken place at the end of the season (most definitely in recent history) and that format was never going to change.

As for the sponsors, no issue with it. Sponsorship deals in rugby league are too small for them to not be worked during international tournaments.

Latest posts