• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Spring Tour: Australia vs Wales - 1st Test (09/06/2012, 10:00 GMT)

Well the line up looks good considering the few injuries etc. Gutted that Beck still aint given a chance, but hope he can come off the bench and make an impact. It could be my lack of knowledge when considering Australian Rugby, but I don't really recognize many names in the Aussie team. Are they at full strength????

I'm very much looking forward to the match though :D :D Will be a nice break from the football :D :D :D

Well the line up looks good considering the few injuries etc. Gutted that Beck still aint given a chance, but hope he can come off the bench and make an impact. It could be my lack of knowledge when considering Australian Rugby, but I don't really recognize many names in the Aussie team. Are they at full strength????

I'm very much looking forward to the match though :D :D Will be a nice break from the football :D :D :D

This is the strongest lineup they could put out (the played more of a 'B' team vs Scotland), but they are missing quite a few players due to injury. They have a full strength front row, but are missing their two first choice locks (Vickermann and Horwill). The loose-forward trio is more or less at full strength. Where they have been particularly badly hit is at 10 - Quade Cooper has only just come back from injury and is sitting out this series, James O'Connor (who would also be an option at 12 or wing) is out with a lacerated kidney (sounds painful!), Kurtley Beale (normally their first choice 15) had been lined up to play 10, but is out with a shoulder injury, while Christian Lealiifano, who was in outstanding form at 10 for the top of the table Brumbies, is now out for the season with an ankle injury. It means Berrick Barnes is stuck playing 10 - while he is an experienced test player, he has been in very poor form this season. Because O'Connor and Beale are out, the rest of the backline has been rearranged somewhat. The midfield is more or less at full strength (though Ben Tapuai would have been close had he not been injured), and they do have some injuries in the outside backs, with Lachie Turner and Drew Mitchell out (though Mitchell has just returned for the Waratahs). Joe Tomane, who was initially picked to start on the right wing is now out injured too.

Overall I'd say they have 5-6 players missing from what would be their top XV, though they are down to about their 5th choice 10....

This is the strongest lineup they could put out (the played more of a 'B' team vs Scotland), but they are missing quite a few players due to injury. They have a full strength front row, but are missing their two first choice locks (Vickermann and Horwill). The loose-forward trio is more or less at full strength. Where they have been particularly badly hit is at 10 - Quade Cooper has only just come back from injury and is sitting out this series, James O'Connor (who would also be an option at 12 or wing) is out with a lacerated kidney (sounds painful!), Kurtley Beale (normally their first choice 15) had been lined up to play 10, but is out with a shoulder injury, while Christian Lealiifano, who was in outstanding form at 10 for the top of the table Brumbies, is now out for the season with an ankle injury. It means Berrick Barnes is stuck playing 10 - while he is an experienced test player, he has been in very poor form this season. Because O'Connor and Beale are out, the rest of the backline has been rearranged somewhat. The midfield is more or less at full strength (though Ben Tapuai would have been close had he not been injured), and they do have some injuries in the outside backs, with Lachie Turner and Drew Mitchell out (though Mitchell has just returned for the Waratahs). Joe Tomane, who was initially picked to start on the right wing is now out injured too.

Overall I'd say they have 5-6 players missing from what would be their top XV, though they are down to about their 5th choice 10....

If Wales can't beat Australia now, they never will! :cool:

Thanks TRF Darwin for your insightful information :D :D I had a feeling there was a few new faces in the squad. Should be an interesting watch. Big match for Warburton to come back to, not exactly a walk in the park is it??? Back row battle of uber epic proportions :D :D

Not too confident about Australia's chances tonight. The Wallabies would have to be the most inconsistent team in world rugby. Who else (between losing to Samoa and Scotland) would; manage to beat N.Z. in the Tri-Nations decider, beat South Africa 3 (or is it 4?) times in succession and overcome a highly fancied Welsh team in Cardiff at the end of an incredibly gruelling season? Oh well, here we go again!

Think the Welsh boys will win this at a canter.......................................?

Yeah, very good to see him back on TV. Seeing plenty of nice tweets going to him.

This should be Wales' but maybe the Aussies can spring a surprise.

Reckon this could go either way, the way the media has slated Australia, Wales will have to be weary of a resurgent Australia.

Could you spare a few minutes to let us in on your thinking to come to that conclusion?
I put a fiver on it, that's why :lol:

Australia not looking to kick tonight, then, running everything from their own 22.

How can Joubert tell Sharpe to leave the maul and he still sticks where he is told to move from and collapses the maul?

I put a fiver on it, that's why :lol:

Australia not looking to kick tonight, then, running everything from their own 22.
OK....can understand that!

At least we have the best ref in top class rugby.................

Preistland you fool ...

Both tight heads early engaged there so how can Joubert call that?

Pocock is immense, I swear!

Oh God!
That was a try every. single. time. yet he took the contact instead of passing!