• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin 1, 2007

you have all been clouded by the media
[/b]

lies :D.

the nz love with queensland goes back many years where a lot of teams we supported like brisbane manly etc often had players that played for quuensland. also in the 90's queensland were massive underdogs and pulled off some interesting escapes like mark coyne(sp?) scoring in the last minute or so.

anyway queensland ftw.

<3 origin

most kiwis follow QLD because of the underdog factor. QLD are traditionaly the underdogs in origin and kiwis tend to know how that feels. theres nothing like little brother whacking big brother...
[/b]

It depends what sort of generation NZ you are...........

People in NZ born around my time who lived through the early days of Origin tend to support Queensland who WERE the under dog back then.

Then when Wally, Langer, and Meninga were dominating for a while we had a new generation of Kiwis who saw NSW as the under dog....so they became NSW supporters.

Young people in NZ getting into league today see an evenness between the sides....so todays generation is divided on who they support.

i agree more with Gay_Guy though i suported queensland in the latter part of the wally lewis, langer error but i think at the time i was 12 and liked the pretty colours.

im from sydney but i support qld.

Long story.. First game my dad ever took me to was the grand final 1992, broncos vs st george. renouf scored a 100m intercept and broncos won, and there was born a broncos supporter. back then going for the broncos there was no way you could go for nsw. the qld team was basically the broncos + meninga playing the best from nsw.

When the qld team started to get more players from other clubs i thought about switching to nsw, but really who could support a team who clearly spends more time in the solarium and at the hairdresser than on the field? bunch of pretty boy fags.

media drives the underdog tag - its tied at the moment head to head - media are idiots

as GG said, QLD were dominant prior to Mal retirement, and then Daley took over as the SOO king and started the blues drive - i wonder who they played for.....hehehe

I started watching in in early 90's - i had it tuff with 5-6 raiders in QLD colours and only Daley, Ricky, Clyde and Lazo in blue

I stayed true to my adopted city/state!!!!!!...now i deal with Mogg and Costigan past 2 years in bloody maroon!!!

GO BLUES!!!!!!

NZ love for QLD will grow stronger now with Tait on board.

my prediction is QLD to win game 2 and NSW to trial things for future like Farah in number 9 jersey and they will win the 3rd game in brisbane .

my prediction is QLD to win game 2 and NSW to trial things for future like Farah in number 9 jersey and they will win the 3rd game in brisbane .
[/b]
I'm predicting that NSW are going to comeback to win Game 2 at Telstra Stadium. There's no way we're going down without a fight. ;)

FARCE!!!!

It’s the worst NSW team in the history of the series and the code itself

How the hell they can field 3 roosters players when they are playing at the bottom of the table.

Anasta is the worst selection I have ever seen

He cant play well without Joey inside him, he cant play well at all â€" the roosters are losing week in week out with Anasta directing them â€" The NSW team is not that great, nothing can save Anasta and this state from embarresment

Mullen â€" NOW WHAT A DISGRACE

Sure he has form, but he as played 3 good games all year, only has about 5-6 games under his belt â€" if this selection wasn’t on the back of a #7 Knights jersey what is.

I question if Todd Carney â€" WHO HAS MORE EXPERIENCE AND BETTER FORM THAN MULLEN â€" wore a Knights or Bulldogs jersey, if he would have been picked......dont question the bias, the stats figures and numbers dont lie, and there is public backlash at this theory too.

Remove Baily NOW

Mason into front row
Lafranchi or even Reni Matui into 2nd row

Where is Greg Bird???????

Simpson?? â€" are you kidding me………

Its not a team picked on form, if that were the case Farrah, would have been hooker and Stewart would have been FB.

I am sorry I cannot ascertain the selection process except that Incumbunt is more important than FORM, which is a clear disgrace and blight to the credibility of the series itself……….the INCUMBUNTS now can sit back and not worry about being dropped, and there is no authentic competitive tussell, which would creat more form and confidence, and bring out the best of the best.

QLD 3-0………..13+ in each game……….30+ @ Lang Park

Don’t worry QLD has selection issues to………….Nate Myles comes off the bench for the lowly last ROOSTERS, but they have atleast the excuse that we cant fit everyone in the team, that backline would smash anyone backline in the Rugby League………..NSW have picked duds that have not been on top of their game since they made their debuts.

Anasta and Mullen will be disgraceful.
There will be more changes to the NSW team in this series than any other before………….because we will be smashed in the 1st……..make a few changes…….smashed in the 2nd………..make some more changes……smashed in the 3rd.

Next years team will look nothing like this one……….because they have farked up from game 1 in 2007
[/b]

Didnt you hit the nail on the head. Get Bird and Watmough in , mongrel and fast feet will give them an edge on the bigger older QLD forwards

Why don't they play form players. Look at Gallen and Whatmough and Lafranki. They need some changes.

Latest posts