• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin 1, 2007

i think hayne thought it was a 40/20.

mullen was alright... nothing spectacular but pretty solid... big game by pricey... i thought he was close to being MOM.

i really thought Anasta was strong in the first half... hes a bloody good footballer when he takes the line on. he needs to keep running the ball.

Wot a game! GOOO QUEENSLAND!! I think they had lots of room to improve though. I thought Tait had a bad one. I was expecting more in the second half, i think that 2nd try in the 2nd half killed NSW and they never seemed to be able to lift their heads after. Oh well hahahaha!!

queensland just too good in the end. some interesting moments in the game. queensland lucky with their first try where there was a player offside and nsw lucky the hindmarsh try was awarded when he was clearly held up. that was the most blatant square up you would possibly ever see. price should have 2 tries too there was no forward pass for his first try. ref played his part in this one without a doubt. queenslanders came home though and nsw blew it! thurston price lockyer hunt all oustanding. bring on game 2.

I agree about Price disallowed try. That was not a forward pass. Bloody stupid ref. :ranting:

Anyway, good comeback for the Maroons. :bravo:

HOW THE f*** DIDNT PRICE GET MOM

I HAD $10.00 ON HIM FOR MOM - i was collecting until channel nine had a motza on thurston - its a bloody conspiracy

I was sooo ******........i dont remember much

Still reading up on the moments - i thought Mullen had a shocker, everything he touched went QLD way, with poor kicks - he had one moment with a try assist - but that is all

Price was everywhere - he is a king.......he is the new origin master - webcke out, price takes over

Anasta played very well

I wanted to see more of white - everytime he took it up he got his head severed - this guy has no brains, and is a kamakazi type runner - we need more of this breed

Mason - well i am sick and tired of his little steps, wedges when before he hits the line - go hard and straight mason, like white...but mason did his best - and was injured

Hayne - from hero to villain - both moments will go down in origin folk law - that 1st try on half time was sensational - i lost my voice at that time - i couldnt beleive what i was watching - then from one extreme to the next - he does the worst thing i have ever seen in origin, like hodges a few years back, made a turkey of himself, with rookie errors - he thought it was a 40/20 - in origin u cant do that stuff

and Mimic - good call on the Gasnier being the #6, but, the irony is, Lyon was playing at #6 with manly at the time Gasnier got injured....so who was deemed the next Daley in blue? Gas or Lyon, and this is not to say Gasnier would have failed, and Williams would have taken over #6, at the dragons anyhow.....Gasnier is not a ball player. but its just my opinion anyhows

Lyon is having a below average season....used to walk into the Green n Gold.....i'd have Hodges and Gasnier myself

mullen didn't have a bad game i thought, but yeah queensland! lol aw Hynes the blues winger, great try but then threw the ball away!!! lol to lockler

thurston's goal kicks are MEAN

ive never heard anyone comparing Gaz with Freddy & Loz.

i totally disagree with Gaz being the blues 5/8. if Anasta can build on last nights game i think Gaz can go back to the centres where hes at his best.

Gaz will only ever be a stopgap 5/8. he will never be a top class 5/8. Freddy & Loz were diffrent types of centres when they started. Gaz doesnt have the passing game or kicking game of the other 2.

his running game is really strong but his passing game is far too lopsided for a pivot(which makes sense seeing as hes really a centre). to go with his unbalanced passing game hes got no kicking game at all. last night NSW really struggled with theyre kicking game they were finding Khunt and Inglis on the full way too many times so removing Anasta whos got an OK kicking game with Gaz who has no kicking game at all makes no sense.

if i was a NSW selector i would consider dropping Lyon.. whats happend to the guy?? he was a deadset star when he played for parra and from what the pommy boys were saying he was awesome for St Helens. hes come to Manly and he sucks bigtime. he didnt threaten at all with the ball in hand last night and he was disgracefull defending QLD's wide sweeping 2nd man plays. surely a bloke like Pomeroy from the sharks or Timana Tahu or Ben Smith from the eels would be better at centre or perhaps you could push Matt King into the centres and put Nathan Merritt or El Masri on the wing.

also... Robbie Farrah needs to be there somewhere. maybe if Gidley's shoulder doesnt heal he can go on the bench.

Farah for Gidley
Pomeroy for Lyon
Stewart for Hayne
Carney for Mullen - but Carney is in jail nearly
Lafranchi for Topou
Bird/Gallen for Kite

NSW selectors have single handedly handed back the trophy - its hard to come back after losing first game, and they must make drastic changes, in which without time to gel....will be our downfall

Give Mini back the national jersey - i hate the chooks, but u cant not like Mini - too good

Great game Queenslanders :wall: I guess it was the boys in Blue who were the soft co%ks :p !

NSW lack of experience across the park was exposed last night.

I don't think Mullen played to bad considering how much pressure this kid was under. O.K. he needs to work on his kicking game and take a bit more control, but that will come with experience. I would definitely put in Lafranchi or Gallen and move Mason to prop and give White the flick.

your up 18-6 at half time

Mullen should have taken the game under his belt, then and there

his kicking game was atrocious, all but 1 landed in a qlders hands

he was not proven before last night, and even moreso today

the cut-out ball try assist - was nothing special from him - was just a pass - Joey Johns taught him that - was ever happened to crediting the receiver for the angle of the run

The media has blinded many into thinking Mullen is the next best cause Joey teaches him - my farken arse

Joey created the cut-out ball according the Gould - STFU Gus.
Joey created mankind according to Gould

If he gets selected again - 3-zip QLD

It doesnt matter how young or how inexperienced he is - you are selcted - perform or get dropped - that is sporting logic - not the policies of the NSWRL

Carney for Mullen?? i would go with kimmorley or Orford. probably Orford as hes never been given a chance.

i dont know if Mini did enough to take the national jumper from Khunt. Hunt certainly didnt do anything wrong.

mullen is fairly average I thought. his kicking game was crap most of the night and didn't really offer much else. anasta had to step up because mullen was playing so crap. his forward pack did him no favours in the second half either. mason and white weak.

how good is steve price 33 and still going strong. best prop in the game imo. should of had 2 tries too. first warriors player to get a try in origin as well. origin is alive and well this year bring on game 2 where I will be at telstra hopefully watching the maroons wrap up the series

Carney for Mullen?? i would go with kimmorley or Orford. probably Orford as hes never been given a chance.

i dont know if Mini did enough to take the national jumper from Khunt. Hunt certainly didnt do anything wrong.
[/b]

yeah i agree man, go for experience..save Carney for next year

but Carney is the next king half - provided he doesnt go to jail - dont you worry if this kid doesnt go to jail he will dominate the compeitition - except Folau :p

Mini prolly didnt do enuff to take back the jersey from Hunt.

But cut the politics out

Mini > Bowen > Slater > Hunt

There are much better FB's in the game than Hunt............Hunt is there because of his connection with Lockyer

Queeeeeeeeeeensssssllllllannnnnnndddddddeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr!

This game was almost as sweet (but not quite - probably because I wasn't there unlike Origin 3 last year) as NSW blowing Origin 3 last year when Hogdson dropped a easy highball with time ticking down.

Im a Queensland fan but i can still say that watching Anthony Minichiello play as well as he did even with the team f***ing it up around him is a testamint to how good a player he is.

is QLD the 3rd island of NZ or something?

bloody hell

NSW invented QLD
[/b]

After reading that post, I just realised that most Kiwis support the Maroons. I dont know why...

MAROONS for the whitewash 3-0.

most kiwis follow QLD because of the underdog factor. QLD are traditionaly the underdogs in origin and kiwis tend to know how that feels. theres nothing like little brother whacking big brother...

you have all been clouded by the media

underdogs - pleeeeeeeeaaaase

its 39 QLD, 38 NSW

anywho doesnt bother me.....

Pricey would have a huge factor too, and Hunt and Carrol, and Thorny

I think it's more that NSW had more clubs to choose from, where for a while QLDs pool was quite small (like NZ). Regardless, was a great game and looking forward to SoO 2 :D

Latest posts