• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

State of Origin 1, 2007

theve gambled with mullen and anasta for sure but it wouldnt suprise me if it paid off.

i know its been said by the nine team a million times in origin buildups but origin is a stage where players pull that extra bit out that they never knew even exsisted.

superstars have been made on this stage before and who knows... all it takes is a strong series and Mullen could be an auto pick for NSW for the next 10 years.

Look at a bloke like John Doyle for QLD. Ordinary for the cowboys but a deadset star when he put the Maroon jumper on.

we need to also remember there was alot of this type of talk going around when a young QLD halfback named Alan Langer was picked for his first origin. infact... the critics were worse then this. the rest is history.

i barrack for QLD but im nervous because ive never seen a favoured QLD side do well.

i decided we didnt need 3 topics for the one game, so i merged them all, hope you guys dont mind.

good idea woosaah would have been really messy otherwise. now everything is in the one thread and easier to follow. only 5 or so days till the big game boys.

i decided we didnt need 3 topics for the one game, so i merged them all, hope you guys dont mind. [/b]
Ok then sounds good...for the next Origin i'll just name the teams together and we can discuss everything in there.

I'm disapointed for Billy Slater, but Hunt is a class act and combines well with Locky. Maybe if there are injuries (hopefully not) Slater may get a run. Qld has so much talent to choose from that some quality players will miss out. In regards to Matty Bowen, they may look at him later in the series if Berro doesn't give the impact that selectors want him to. Also Antonio Kaufusi has been called into the Qld camp as cover for Carl Webb who strained his hamstring at training yesterday and is having scans today. If Webb is ruled out then Kaufusi will come into the side.

GO QUEENSLAND!!! :bana:

huge blow for queensland. webb was the enforcer in the pack and some of his attacking charges are inspirational for queensland. I still have queensland have enough to win but the some of the other forwards will have to lift without webb there.

Go the Blues, Hopefully all my Newcastle boys get through this game unscathed.

Blues by 8

qld losing webb is interesting... they lose abit in the aggression stakes but kaufusi is no doormat. he adds more size to an already monster pack. im not convinced that it will effect the game too much. Kaufusi is a good young forward whos not really any worse then webb. infact you could argue that in the past 2 years Kaufusi has been playing better footy for Melbourne then Webb has been playing for the cowboys.

GO QUEENLAND! Im looking foward to this game. Should be good if Masons fires up like he says he will. lol Stupid munter.

looks like that washed up, overweight has-been Jamie Lyon has somehow miraculously stumbled his way into the NSW team...(sarcasm off)

well done Jamie, looks like your time up north wasn't a complete waste after all...

with Gasnier injured Lyon got in

I'd question if he would have made it otherwise - he has played #6 for most of the year, and poorly at that...always been a good centre though

But with Hodges and Gasnier fully fit - Lyons selection would be questioned in the national team

I am not saying time spent up north meant nothing - the UKSL has come leaps n bounds recently over the last 5-10 years - Indicated by the quality TESTS, and the quality players coming down here to play in the NRL, like Carney, Morley and Big Andrew DUNAMANN for the RAIDERS

Still tonight - it has to be a massacre.........Anasta and Mullen will provide minimal attacking options and Locky/Thursto are the plathora of attackign options in the code today.

can't wait till kickoff ! origin is always huge and this year will be no different. go the mighty maroons.

1st set of 6 of the night - will be the best u will see all year

GOLIATH V GOLIATH!!!

TANK V TANK!!!!

Neville Costigan to have the game/debut of his life!!!!!!!

GO BLUES!!!

Smart money - QLD by a cricket score

If you you put a BIG condom on a BIG co%k and a small condom on a small co%k, what do you put on a soft co%k?

A. A Queensland Jersey!! :lol: :lol: :bleh!: :bleh!:

If you you put a BIG condom on a BIG co%k and a small condom on a small co%k, what do you put on a soft co%k?

A. A Queensland Jersey!! :lol: :lol: :bleh!: :bleh!:
[/b]

i like it

but thats a Roosters joke :bleh!:

with Gasnier injured Lyon got in

I'd question if he would have made it otherwise - he has played #6 for most of the year, and poorly at that...always been a good centre though

But with Hodges and Gasnier fully fit - Lyons selection would be questioned in the national team

I am not saying time spent up north meant nothing - the UKSL has come leaps n bounds recently over the last 5-10 years - Indicated by the quality TESTS, and the quality players coming down here to play in the NRL, like Carney, Morley and Big Andrew DUNAMANN for the RAIDERS

[/b]

With Gasnier out, it made room for Anasta, not Lyon. Gasnier was being groomed as the next Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler. Two greats of the game who converted from centre.

excellent game by the maroons, awesome to watch.

Hunt had a great game at fullback, lokyer sucked on defense pretty much holding up the opposition, was effective i guess but just looked silly. thurston had a great game and so did inglis.

Didnt thing that mullen had a good game, hayne did one good thing and one stupid thing (should have taken the ball out would have been a safer option for origin)

am already lookin forward to origin 2

Hayne should've let it go out.

Mullen played ok, I don't think he got the ball enough. He's still young, so maybe he'll call the shots more, and not be intimidated by the big names around him.

Latest posts