• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Steve Irwin

She doesn't make one single point that stands up to any scrutiny. I mean seriously, the guy only ever did good in this world and can't possibly be faulted.

Why on earth did The Guardian print such crap?

Taking his baby into an enclosure with a crocodile at feeding time, what a disgusting lie to make up! The editor should apologise for the whole article.

RIP Steve!

Let`s face it, it was not that sting ray, it was the commercial thing that killed him! He traded `the ancient fear` we have regarding reptiles, sharks (sting ray is a shark, a primitive shark but still a shark) and so on.

P.S: My money were on a snake fatal bite!

Taking his baby into an enclosure with a crocodile at feeding time, what a disgusting lie to make up! The editor should apologise for the whole article.
[/b]

You do realise that did happen? It was filmed and everything.

The guy was a total legend but that incident did take things too far.

No one should be made to endure Germaine Greer though, stupid overly feminist ***** that she is.

I'm a little bemused as to what Greer thinks she's achieving by writing an article like that... It's fine she has her opinion, but to come out and publically slam the guy right after his death just smacks of an attention seeking mentality. She's got herself in the lime light alright, but the attention she gets may see her regret this decision.

man, i may have joked bout this.. but I'm still REALLY sad bout his lost man...
and yeah he did fed crocs while handling his then one month old kid

i read in the paper today that the aussie t.v network has confirmed, tht the fottage will NEVER be shown.

i read in the paper today that the aussie t.v network has confirmed, tht the fottage will NEVER be shown.
[/b]

That's a shame, he could have become very famous in many countries where this guy is unknown.

They mean the video of the dudes death!!!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

That's a shame, he could have become very famous in many countries where this guy is unknown. [/b][/quote]

She doesn't make one single point that stands up to any scrutiny. I mean seriously, the guy only ever did good in this world and can't possibly be faulted.

Why on earth did The Guardian print such crap?

[/b]

It actually happened, it was one of the things they showed on the news reports when he died.

Although I don't see what the fuss was, he made sure that he held the baby away from the crocodile at a fair distance away, and he made sure his body was shielding it at all times.

Also his dad did it to him when he was a kid and obviously saw nothing wrong with it, a great guy... Who I have and always will have the upmost respect for...

there is footage

and it will make the web eventually

they should just sell the footage to some network for a gazzilion dollars and donate funds to wildlife

or else watch it leek for free on the web, and get nudder

You know Channel 4 will have it by the time they make a documentary on his life and include it.

Proberbly making him out to be a crack smoking pedo or somthing. Like the lying scum they are.

i want to see the footage

it was described as an "act of heroism" when he pulled the barb out

i really would like to see it

he was a great guy, not only for what he did for nature and such

but while he was in the south america shooting a documentary he saved a mans life, the man was almost drowning when steve saw him he dove into the water swam across to the man and dragged him back to the shore, what a great guy!

RIP Steve Irwin

it was described as an "act of heroism" when he pulled the barb out
[/b]

Aussies:

Should he have done that? I'm not an expert on stingrays, their barbs, their toxins, but I have wondered to myself this week: should he have removed that barb from his chest or waited for medical attention?

I'm nobody to question Steve Irwin, who knows everything about these sort of animals, but I'm just wondering if his death was caused by the removal of the barb as opposed to the entry of it.

I heard that it's the worst thing you do, because the chances are you'll just snap it, making things worse.

Latest posts