• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

Kage, thats simple but genius

Another suggestion even though i feel like i'm campaigning for it, i just played the nhl 11 demo with the all new physics based engine and i downloaded the backbreaker football game with physics based stuff just for the hell of it, and i must say WOW because it's simply incredible, Rugby 2012 needs this, it only adds the natural play of the game.

The only con about the physics i've seen so far, is that sometimes i feel things are a tad slow, so i hope in the coming years as more games use physics based (hopefully Rugby 2012) improve on some areas like speed because some interactions feel they are in slow motion (but only a little bit, I'm not thrashing the whole idea, it's simply amazing in the end)

Last edited:
I realized that others have suggested to play online with up to 30 people playing at once. Perhaps the best way to play adequate defense, which according to EA Sports to launch. This could be good also against computer realistic, so that its harder and arcade against people I score 85 points per game in 08 and 06,

I realized that others have suggested to play online with up to 30 people playing at once. Perhaps the best way to play adequate defense, which according to EA Sports to launch. This could be good also against computer realistic, so that its harder and arcade against people I score 85 points per game in 08 and 06,

I'm really against the 15 vs. 15 online mode, just considering the NHL 09 attempt at 5 vs. 5 (I forget if the goalie was playable). Whenever I got into a full 10-man game, nobody played their positions correctly and they just chased after the puck, which became a cluster**** and took all the fun out of it. I don't want to imagine playing a full 30-man game and seeing every position running after the ball. Naturally, it is a great idea with amazing potential, but it just never worked out for me in NHL 09 and I wouldn't want the development team focusing on that.

I noticed that on NHL as well, but with Fifa people, by and large, stick to where they're suppose to be

I noticed that on NHL as well, but with Fifa people, by and large, stick to where they're suppose to be

Yea I was really surprised by that. I think most people just go in playing with the right attitude, I think most rugby players would try and play their position like they play theirs in real life. It could work, its just hard enough to get that many people playing online in a game like fifa, let alone a game like rugby.

I have only read 10 odd pages of posts so sorry if anyone else has suggested this but does anyone agree with me?

Other than having a multiplayer mode in which you use the existing clubs and national teams, I believe it would be epic to have a division of online which you would play with your own custom team. To make this idea for online play awesome, i feel you should have to unlock the players you can use.
To do this, i feel the best way to do it would be if you unlocked players for this online mode by unlocking them in the single player mode.
By this i mean that it would be great if, to unlock players they had to be signed with your custom club by the end of a season of the World League (or modern equivalent).
To add difficulty in getting your "perfect squad" it would be awesome if the better players became almost impossible to sign into your club (such as the star players) or making it so that only by playing the WL on the hardest setting could you have a chance of signing the highest rated players.

Also to add more variety, because multiple gamers are likely to pick the same players, i think it would be good if your unlocked players had the same stats as they did at the time you unlocked them (Explained in my "My changes for world league" section below ). This would mean that one persons Richie McCaw would have higher/ lower stats than another persons. This not only extends the longevity of the online mode but also makes you want to repeat the world league over and over again (each time giving you something new or giving you a chance to improve your players for online mode).

Of course this creates problems such as:
1)a gamer having bought the game months after others would have trouble winning matches if he played multiplayer immediately
2)what players would your team start with?
3)You wouldn't be able to play as your favorite club/ international team in this mode

But now to answer those:
1)you would still be able to play online using the other path of the online (using existing clubs/teams)
2)you would be given "finnances" with which to buy basic players(division 2 players for example)
3) see answer for 1)

My changes for world league:
-A slightly different game mode through which you could play with your custom team.
-A season format where if you picked a NH club you would play in the local tournament(magners league, top 14, Aviva Premiership, etc) and also in a knockout competition ( Heineken Cup, European Challenge Cup,) and if you picked a SH club you would compete in the Currie cup, ANZ cup and an Aussie equivalent and also competed in the Super 15.
-A system in which player stats would change depending on how a player performs, how good your training setup is, etc. This means that if you overplay a player(every match of the season) he would slowly become more tired so his stats would gradually lower and he'd become more prone to injury. Recovering from injury would make the player have almost basic stats until he recovered etc.
-Making player signings region based (a current All black would be very reluctant to move to Europe and europeans would be reluctant to go south)
-Adding the option to play international/overseas club friendlies (for example: Munster play against the AB, South Africa played Leicester and Saracens, etc.) as an occasion to gain some money or to add stats to your players.

I think that will do for now. Personally, i think it would do rugby fans justice to have a setup like this but im just one person.

Keep up the creative flow ;)

One thing that i hate is that in Team Management, when i'm trying to make a change in a squad, its just a pain in the ass to replace players like Fullbacks and Wingers, especially in teams like England or New Zealand cause both have lots of players... i have to click downwards about 200 times to replace Armitage to Foden per example... you guys could put something like a searching option so its easier to pick the players you want...

Hope you guys understood what i was trying to say... my english ain't that good :/

More realistic gameplay...

When taking a conversion you should have option of how far back or close you want to take it.

When other team is converting should have option for charge down.

22 drop kicks can be taken anywhere in 22 so passing between players back and forward to kick a good kick position.

Driving options from lineout

Better way to select player as sometimes its hard to select the player you really want

All stadiums for the 2012 world cup should be included

Ref on field and a video ref

Shots off coach's box would be cool to see there emotion

Training... where if you want a better kicker he has to kick at 'training' all different challenges to improve his skill, same goes with increasing individuals tackling, stepping, catching, lineouts scrums etc etc.. would be like a fun side part to improve your team so any team with training could be the best statistically

Sevens... same gameplay as 15's just include the world 7's circuit, that would open up awesome running gameplay.

Graphics need to be next gen...

The stars above peoples heads make the game look stupid, take em away.

TV like commentary including weather rports field conditions and a side line commentator talking to bench or injured player

Thats about all I can think of now, cant wait for the game to come out.

Option to kick a loose ball off the ground

Last edited:
The best idea for unlockables is simply as in Pro Evo Soccer...Classic Teams as follows:

Classic Eng win 6 Nations/WC with Eng
Classic N Zeal as above but Tri Nations with corresponding team
Classic SAF as above
Classic Aus as above
Classic Wales as point one but with corresponding team
Classic Ire as above
Classic Fra as above
Classic Sco as above
Perhaps a Classic Pacific Isles team-Win WC with one of the associated nations

Lions & Baa Baas already in game

7's would be brilliant...Fifa Road to WC 98 had 5-a-side...no reason this cant be included...lets put Rugby on the map

The best idea for unlockables is simply as in Pro Evo Soccer...Classic Teams as follows:

Classic Eng win 6 Nations/WC with Eng
Classic N Zeal as above but Tri Nations with corresponding team
Classic SAF as above
Classic Aus as above
Classic Wales as point one but with corresponding team
Classic Ire as above
Classic Fra as above
Classic Sco as above
Perhaps a Classic Pacific Isles team-Win WC with one of the associated nations

Lions & Baa Baas already in game

7's would be brilliant...Fifa Road to WC 98 had 5-a-side...no reason this cant be included...lets put Rugby on the map

rugbymap.png

Definitely having a Manager/Career mode including the biggest championship in the world, including French Top 14 and Pro D2 teams.
Bulding your favourite team during many seasons with transfers and training/evolution of players is so great. Customization will be extremely important to be able to create some new teams, create jerseys, logos, players etc...
I played hours of this game: Pro Rugby Manager 2005, please you should definitely take some ideas from it http://www.cyanide-studio.com/?rub=node&nid=392

One thing that i hate is that in Team Management, when i'm trying to make a change in a squad, its just a pain in the ass to replace players like Fullbacks and Wingers, especially in teams like England or New Zealand cause both have lots of players... i have to click downwards about 200 times to replace Armitage to Foden per example... you guys could put something like a searching option so its easier to pick the players you want...

Hope you guys understood what i was trying to say... my english ain't that good :/

i know what you mean exactly. thats a good idea cause it was really annoying in the last game having to scroll down through every player to get to the fullbacks

More realistic tackling. For example in previous rugby games you could make one player rush the first reciever so that he is nailed before you even have a chance to pass, kick or run. This often resulted in a knock on and loss of possession. This never happens in real rugby, or if it does, the whole team rushes up in defence, and not just one man.

- There should be an easier way to sort through all players...like how the Madden NFL does it in team management. For e.g. to find the fastest players, the best players at a particular attribute or position you could look at all the players & be able to sort them by attribute, nationality, competition etc.
- MORE variety in the different moves players could use. For e.g. Behind the back passes, fancy stepping, A LOT of sweet, flairy Fijian & Carlos Spencer moves & tricks HAHA!
- Have a set World XV and Barbarian team & the ability to edit them...Fifa has done that but doesn't give users the ability to edit them team.
- Have A LOT more of the national teams in the game. Some of my mates who play Rugby are from Chile, Brazil and it would make them so proud to see their national team on the game. Heck, you may even get more people buying the game if you include more national teams. Besides Chile & Brazil aren't that off fram Uruguay & Namibia (in the IRB rankings) so it would make more sense to include them.
- Player improvement/transformation in a franchise-like mode (which I'm also hoping you'll have).
- 360 degree running.
- It would be nice it you display some the rugby records for each team & compeition. And then have them updated when we break those records. It just gives a sense of achievement.
- There was an excessive amount of interceptions - so that should be cut down.
- Cut down on the amount of 'EA Sports' advertisements on the field & in between the cut-scenes. WE KNOW WHO MADE THE GAME. WE'VE BROUGHT THE GAME, SO WHY KEEP BOMBARDING US WITH IT, :) . But seriously it's just for the authenticity of the game.
- How about creating your own kicking style. Basing it off a Wilkinson, Henson (??? I don't know if it's him or the other Welsh kicker), Montgomery style....I don't know if that would work but it would be nice.
- More variety in the commenting. AND PLEASE have more respect with the some of the players (espicially the polynesian players) when you create their names & not mispell them.
- By the way is there beta testing for this game? I would LOVE to beta test it. I've waited 4 plus years for a rugby game so I'm hoping this game is going to be LEGENDERY! Yes some of my stuff may have been mentioned on this thread but there's 50+ pages to go through.

I think that some sort of "Dynamic Duo" Feature would be kool... and by that i mean players in linking positions who's playing style boost each others stats/abilities.
eg. Fourie Du Preez - Morne Steyn, Ma'a Nonu - Conrad Smith, Ben - Owen Franks, Will Genia - Quade Cooper (If he's still playing Rugby) ;) and i'm sure that there would be plenty more from the northern hemisphere to add to the list

Cheers

Definitely agree with that!!! It was sooooo frustrating. I think the easiest way to fix it would be pushing right to could scroll down one whole screen...

Depth in competitions is a must. This means Rugby World Cups, Six Nations, Tri (Four) Nations, Lions tours, Super 15, Currie Cup, ANZ Cup, Guinness Premiership, Anglo-Welsh Cup, Magners League, Heineken Cup and Challenge Cup. GET THESE LEAGUES LICENSED! A Game mode which allows a player to control a club through many seasons, in all these competitions, making signings and developing players is very important. (as in Fifa 10 - Manager Mode)
A data-editor so that you can edit stats, appearances, club, positions etc.
Online play
Regular updates/patches so teams stay up to date
and more stats eg tackles missed tackles kicking meters , line breaks,etc
Francise mode where your play throught super 15 and players make international team on how they have preformed during the season ( rugby league 3 francise )

Superstar mode created a player and try make your way to the big stage play div 3 the try to make your international squad
and a harder game mode 08 was to easy

Create a career mode where you could start off as a no name Rugby player playing College Rugby than work your way up to Club Rugby, Reps right up to International. Have training in between games so you can develop your players skills depending on your chosen position. Than when you've clocked it, after maybe winning every trophy available than you could incorporate your player to a online feature and everybody could test their career mode players against eachother and see how good their developed player is.

Yeah that scroll feature would be good too. It's a pain trying to push the down button a million times just to replace or swap a single player.

Latest posts