• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

i just really hope we can see a Be A Pro mode in this game. It would be so fun to play. It would also help to teach people who dont know much about rugby how to break down the game, and see what each position has to do. It would be so fun to occasionally have to start with Rugby Roma or Connacht (maybe depending on how you play in a scouting game, the better you do, the more teams want you), and be able to work your way up to a better club, or just revitalize (or just vitalize, in Rugby Roma and Connacht's case) your club. And if you prove your worth for your team you might even get to play for your country!

Superstar mode created a player and try make your way to the big stage play div 3 the try to make your international squad
and a harder game mode 08 was to easy

I've been trying to get the same thing. The call it Be A Pro in a lot of games nowadays. and yeah, pick and rolls just destroyed every team in 08, i got to the point where i would play as the better team for the first half and try to come back for the second half, it was the only way to make it a challenge

Sorry if this has been suggested but the intercepts need major work...

You should have to press a button in order for you to attempt an intercept, i hate it when I go to line someone up to make the tackle just before he recieves the ball and it tries to intercept the non exsisting ball. And sometimes when you run the perfect line in an attempt to make an intercept, you just keep running passed.

Intercepts need major work and so do the draw in tackle animation.. I hate it when I run across the opposition back line which forces them to pass the ball out, but I don't want to tackle I just want to force the ball out to the wing and then tackle him, but my player always makes the tackle even when the ball is long gone.

These things need work.

International Modes should include Six Nations Championship, Tri Nations And Four Nations Championships (Argentina joining the tri nations in 2012), Summer And Autumn International modes, World Cup and Lions or Barbarian tour modes.

Club- Guniness Premiership, Magners League, Top 14, Super 14, Heineken Cup, Challenge Cup.

Coach Mode- Take over a team and bring them through an entire season ie all tournaments, transfer market (for Clubs), Player select (for Internationals)

Shoud Include up to 30 International sides, all clubs licences.

Edit Mode

Online play

Online updates (new club players, new stadiums etc)

Include the top stadiums in the world including The new updated Aviva Stadium and Thomond Park

In most sports games the commentators merly irritate you, In rugby 12 a good commentator or commentators would really make matches more exiting. It would be good if the commentator used the names of the players that are involved and if they became more exited during tense moments of the game.

NgwenyaFan

These have probably already been mentioned, but I've only just picked up this thread and I haven't got the time to sift through 81 pages. My suggestions are:-

1. This must have come up a million times but online multiplayer is a must, and I don't think any sports game on the 360 would stand a chance without it. No-one realistically expects 15 on 15 but as long as there is at least one vs one it'll be a big selling point (Many of the blokes I know won't even think about buying a game without online MP).

2. Make the players noticeably different. Too many games just make all the players on a good team fast, and all the players on a poor team slow. The best football games make each player feel different to use by varying speed, shooting power, accuracy, chances of shrugging of a tackle, etc. Ye olde Jonah Lomu rugby did this pretty well and managed to make some of the forwards as effective attacking wise as the speedy wingers by making them more effective at handing off or being more likely to shrug off a tackle from a weaker player. Make average players feel average by making them less accurate passers/kickers, more easily tackled or more likely to knock on rather than just slowing them down.

3. Momentum when it comes to rucks should be key. Too often have I played games where after a 15 yard run, the 3 forwards from my average to poor side are smashed off the ball by a single All Black. I'm not saying that using his superior skill and power the All Black couldn't win that ball , but if I've got 3 big players driving over after having had a 10 yard plus run up, and the AB has had to double back on himself, I would expect them to win the ball the majority of the time.

Again, apologies if these points have already been raised.

Last edited:
My Ideas (Which have probably most been mentioned)

-Much more advanced passing, I find the miss passes on rugby 08 tedious as they are unbelievably loopy and just don't look right. Certain players should be able to fizz the ball out quicker as opposed to less skilled players having slower long passes.

-Many more types of Tackles including the famous 'man and ball' hit when there is an overlap and one of the attackers needs to be taken out. This needs to be also implemented in AI where the defenders can adopt different approaches such as this example to halt attacks and save tries.

-Obviously licensing for all the competitions, teams players and stadiums.

-The Game backbreaker has a great match engine (Euphoria/natural motion I think) where you can barge/handoff/sidestep/swerve and it looks really realistic. Please bring in one like this!

-Player Ratings after Matches and a 'Man of the match' Award. This would be great

-Updating squads online

-The ability to save great pieces of skill/great tries in the instant replay for future viewing

Thats all of the major ones I want thanks and good luck with the game HB Studios! :)

Last edited:
my list of unlockables:

- classic jerseys (GREAT JERSEYS, not sponsors, only the team brand and the player number)
- classic stadiums (old twickenham, lansdowne road, parc des princes, cardiff arms park, .... for example)
- classic players ( to play with them in world league, jonah lomu, david campese, gareth edwards, ... are only some names)
- classic teams/all-decade teams (wales 70's, france 80's, england 2003, scotland 1991, barbarians 1973, lions 1971, argentina 2007, france 1999, leicester tigers 2001, ireland 1948, england & scotland 1879, ...)
- like fifa 06 with fifa 94, unlock the sega megadrive/genesis rugby world cup 1995 game.

239236522_61f2bd1d9b.jpg

barbarians.jpg

Man I hope HB check out the new Rugby League live game on ps3/xbox. The defensive options are good (can slide the D line left or right and compress), good selection of tackles from dive/big hit/regular/strip and even tackle and drag out of the field of play if your near the sidelines. Offense is the big let down!, you know attack is bad when you can't even draw and pass properly. I'm a bit more confident Rugby 12 will be alot better just please make the offense fluid and realistic, waste of time getting it all mint and then stuffing up the most important part, the OFFENSE! I wanna score mean tries not watch how amazing the rucks are or how good the tackles are.

Nate, the draw and pass could be used in 08, maybe you just didn't posess the ability to do so

add a rugby league option, possibly as a competition mode. wouldn't presumably require to much work in terms of programming just certain rule changes ie. play the ball instead of ruck, 6 tackles and two less players etc. This would therefore cater for both sets of rugby fans, as the recent rugby league live appears to have failed to live up to expectation, and would lead to increased sales, which would increase profit and therefore enable you to produce even better rugby games in the future :)

add a rugby league option, possibly as a competition mode. wouldn't presumably require to much work in terms of programming just certain rule changes ie. play the ball instead of ruck, 6 tackles and two less players etc. This would therefore cater for both sets of rugby fans, as the recent rugby league live appears to have failed to live up to expectation, and would lead to increased sales, which would increase profit and therefore enable you to produce even better rugby games in the future :)
That's insane.

Also, from what i've read, RL:L exceeded most peoples expectations

I realise it's unlikely, but I would love to see a create your own set play option similar to the create your own set piece function in fifa 10. Even if it was very basic with options only for 2 players in each play to do an x or d-ball, I think it would allow for a great deal of added depth in terms of attacking options available to the player

Also an in depth franchise or career mode in actual leagues rather than the world league, as although I enjoyed this mode, I feel a franchise mode with the ability to blend youth into your team, and the ability for player stats to increase (or decrease) over the years would be very enjoyable

!!!

Issues:
-Availibilty on pc and less chance of stalling during injury substituion.
-better graphics
-manager mode(fifa)

Latest posts