• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summaries after Round 3

G

getofmeland

Heres a few stats after Round 3 of the 6 Nations 2008

<div align="center">Now Discuss!!!
[/left] </div>

Thierry Dusatoir does astound me, how can you put in that many tackles, plus the amount he did during the world cup, and what he does every week in top 14, how on earth does his body cope...

I noticed teh highest in the error count for England was Balshaw, couldn't have predicted that!

Holy ****!!! Check out the Welsh tackle stats!

They made the least number of tackles overall at 229 tackles but their completed tackle rate (I'm assuming this means successful tackles) is at 95%!

That is a phenominal turnaround for a team which used to be the by-word for "leaky catheter bag".

If that is what Gatland and Edwards have done in a matter of weeks imagine what they or a McGeechan/Edwards combo could do with the Lions?! They'd be invincible!

They made the least number of tackles overall at 229 tackles but their completed tackle rate (I'm assuming this means successful tackles) is at 95%!

That is a phenominal turnaround for a team which used to be the by-word for "leaky catheter bag".

If that is what Gatland and Edwards have done in a matter of weeks imagine what they or a McGeechan/Edwards combo could do with the Lions?! They'd be invincible! [/b]

Gotta agree. Awesome defensive performance.

You gotta remember they started off with the Ospreys defensive patters and tweaked them slightly. The Ospreys have one of the best defenses in Europe, and with 7-13 O's starting for Wales, it was a very sensible move from Gatland. I have no doubt Shaun Edwards has tweaked it during the course of the 6 nations to great effect, but some of the credit goes to the Ospreys management imo.

I just did the Maths, and Ireland have lost 25% of Lineouts on their own throw :huh:

Says it all about us really:

Most errors made,
2nd most missed tackles, with 4 of our players in the top 5 of missed tacklers.
1 try and the most carries in our team coming from the backs.

How much longer will we have to suffer?

If that is what Gatland and Edwards have done in a matter of weeks imagine what they or a McGeechan/Edwards combo could do with the Lions?! They'd be invincible!
[/b]

Do you think that Geech would do a 3rd?
If he is interested, then that combo with Edwards would be ideal.

Also, note how England have the least amount of completed passes. So much for running the ball...

Jaysus!

Dusatoirs tackling is savage!!
44 attempts - less than 2 missed!!

ouch.

[/b]

Yeah, the mentality they've brought to the Welsh squad seems to have fixed their defense in a matter of weeks, although we'll soon see when France and Ireland come knocking

Jaysus!

Dusatoirs tackling is savage!!
44 attempts - less than 2 missed!!

ouch. [/b]

Don't you remember how he got rid of Collins during the RWC QF? I was surprised how good he can be during this match.

Latest posts