Sunday, 9 August 2020

MQA0SnJ.png
Er9w71N.png
iZ3E9uZ.png

Venue: Orangetheory Stadium
Time: 05:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Cool, round 9 is here! :cool:

Hurricanes
Crusaders (but I'm hoping for a Highlanders upset)

Last edited:
Hurricanes v Chiefs - i can't see the Chiefs avoiding the whitewash this weekend. The Canes are still hunting second at least so they'll be no easing off from them. It will probably be close-ish but the Hurricanes will get home by about 10 Points I would say.

Crusaders v Highlanders - This is the one that all Blues (and possibly Canes) fans will be interested in. They'll be hoping for a major upset. Sorry to be boring but I just don't see it happening. The Crusaders will be desperate to atone for their last performance at home and the loss of that home record, plus they've got the chance to win the Aotearoa ***le. Can't see the Highlanders staying with them sadly. Just think the Saders will wear them down and will pull away in the second half. Crusaders by 20.

Hurricanes v Chiefs - i can't see the Chiefs avoiding the whitewash this weekend. The Canes are still hunting second at least so they'll be no easing off from them. It will probably be close-ish but the Hurricanes will get home by about 10 Points I would say.
Chiefs will feel defeated but it's easy to forget they weren't too far off the Crusaders pre-covid, so all in all not the worst team in 2020.

Crusaders v Highlanders - This is the one that all Blues (and possibly Canes) fans will be interested in. They'll be hoping for a major upset. Sorry to be boring but I just don't see it happening. The Crusaders will be desperate to atone for their last performance at home and the loss of that home record, plus they've got the chance to win the Aotearoa ***le. Can't see the Highlanders staying with them sadly. Just think the Saders will wear them down and will pull away in the second half. Crusaders by 20.
Sadly agreed 100%. Saders just too strong. Still don't get the logic for not having a final. Will be a very anti-climactic ending to a brilliant post-lockdown tournament.

Without a final, it's about as exciting as the sick nations.

pretty much as expected, 6:2....can see us just running out of steam in the back line

116713450_10158784102507249_4522220385430164135_o.jpg

i really think keeping our 6-9 injury free is the only thing thats kept us going

i really think keeping our 6-9 injury free is the only thing thats kept us going

Too bad that didn't include 10. Ioane must have missed 5 games. Had he been healthy all season I think it would have resulted in at least one more victory, if not more. Oh well.

Too bad that didn't include 10. Ioane must have missed 5 games. Had he been healthy all season I think it would have resulted in at least one more victory, if not more. Oh well.
you're not wrong but i actually think, given hunt actually played very well at 10 since the restart, where were have been lacking is some x factor in the outside backs

Yeah Laumape has been good, but I'm excited about the aso umaga Jensen combo.

Bonus point win to canes, highlanders to beat crusaders. In my dreams at least

Hurricanes win it 31-18.

The Chiefs finish at 0-8.

Last edited:
Once again the standard of officiating was appalling.

Affected the game early on and allowed one team to dictate.

After 24:00 of play, the Waratahs lead the Reds 24-0. I picked the Waratahs to win and then I changed it after I looked at the standings the other day. The moral of the story is - don't change your picks and stick with your gut feelings.

Last edited:

Latest posts