• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team of the Six Nations

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 22 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15. Lee Byrne
14. Tommy Bowe
13. GOD
12. Riki Flutey
11. Thom Evans
10. Ryan Jones I guess
9. Meh! Philipps

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Euan Murray
4. A W Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Stephen Ferris
7. David Wallace
8. Segio Parisse[/b]

That's a pretty bad guess buddy. You must be a bit sleepy, Steve Jones me thinks you want at 10!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 23 2009, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 22 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15. Lee Byrne
14. Tommy Bowe
13. GOD
12. Riki Flutey
11. Thom Evans
10. Ryan Jones I guess
9. Meh! Philipps

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Euan Murray
4. A W Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Stephen Ferris
7. David Wallace
8. Segio Parisse[/b]

That's a pretty bad guess buddy. You must be a bit sleepy, Steve Jones me thinks you want at 10!
[/b][/quote]
Any Jones at 10 will do, according to ... Stephen Jones in the Times.

Ryan Jones at Fly Half? That's straight out of the Nick Mallet school of team selection.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Mar 22 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (go on the irish @ Mar 22 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15. Lee Byrne
14. Tommy Bowe
13. GOD
12. Riki Flutey
11. Thom Evans
10. Ryan Jones I guess
9. Meh! Philipps

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Euan Murray
4. A W Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Stephen Ferris
7. David Wallace
8. Segio Parisse[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Ugh! ****! There's too many of them

15. Lee Byrne
14. M. Merdad
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Riki Flutey
11. Thom Evans
10. Stephan Jones
9. Mike Phillips/Blair

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Euan Murray
4. Alyn Wyn Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Ryan Jones
7. David Wallace
8. Segio Parisse

Couldnt decide on 9. I really wish I could see Mike Blair play with a controlling pack in front of him.

Thats bang on actually. Just made two changes. Bowe in for Medard (looked good going forward but poor going the other way) and Ferris for Jones (Jones didnt really turn up this year for me).

15. Lee Byrne
14. Tommy Bowe
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Riki Flutey
11. Thom Evans
10. Stephan Jones
9. Mike Phillips

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Dimitri Szarzewski
3. Euan Murray
4. Alyn Wyn Jones
5. Paul O'Connell
6. Stephen Ferris
7. David Wallace
8. Segio Parisse

why select Thom Evans? He's good by Scottish standards, but I really don't think he's all he's cracked up to be.

Adding a Scot or two, and there has been no outstanding player in there.

You could really throw in any one of 4 or 5 to be honest.

He was one of the few players that were notable, and was in mainly good form throughout.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
why select Thom Evans? He's good by Scottish standards, but I really don't think he's all he's cracked up to be.[/b]

He was one of the best wingers in the tourni. He made lots of breaks and scored too. That's what you want isn't it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 23 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why select Thom Evans? He's good by Scottish standards, but I really don't think he's all he's cracked up to be.[/b]

He was one of the best wingers in the tourni. He made lots of breaks and scored too. That's what you want isn't it?
[/b][/quote]
Mmm, he got dragged into touch twice with the line begging. Call that a good tackle if you want but surely a step was on in both cases?
That'll come with experience though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 23 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ Mar 23 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Mar 23 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]
Mmm, he got dragged into touch twice with the line begging. Call that a good tackle if you want but surely a step was on in both cases?
That'll come with experience though.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly what I was telling a friend and team mate of mine today. If he'd stepped Monye was going far too fast to touch him.

He didn't quite understand, he's a Prop and has no knowledge of such things.

1. Jenkins
2. Szarzewski
3. Murray
4. O'Connell
5. Wyn-Jones
6. Dusaltoir
7. Heaslip
8. Parisse

9. Blair
10. Stephen Jones

11. Thom Evans
12. Flutey
13. O'Driscoll
14. Medard
15. Delon Armitage

I'm selecting on current form and what they brought to their team. I rate Thom Evans. He gets better every game and just needs that ruthless streak to finish what he creates out of nothing.

Same as Flutey, he gets panned a lot but he didn't have a bad tournament. I'd take Medard over an off-form Shane Williams. For me, Blair is a class act.. he just plays in a team that have a toothless attack, so he can't really show his talents beyond what he starts and they can't finish. I thought Dusaltoir was outstanding apart from the England game. I'd also take Armitage over Byrne.. i think he looked more lively and showed his talents.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 23 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Exactly what I was telling a friend and team mate of mine today. If he'd stepped Monye was going far too fast to touch him.[/b]

But Flood was right behind him and so he would have been caught.

Look Evans was a good player but he's not clear and away the best 11 of the tournament. No one was.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 23 2009, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hall @ Mar 23 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly what I was telling a friend and team mate of mine today. If he'd stepped Monye was going far too fast to touch him.[/b]

But Flood was right behind him and so he would have been caught.

Look Evans was a good player but he's not clear and away the best 11 of the tournament. No one was.
[/b][/quote]

Exactly, but people will pick him because he was one of the best in the tournament, and for some, the best.
I think if Monye hadn't touched him he'd have crossed, the only reason Flood got there was because he was moving considerably slower after Monye did something not many people can do. You can't fault Thom for not scoring that try, not totally, it was a pretty much unheard of thing to do and to be able to do; running right across the pitch to catch the opposite sides's 11.

For me, Evans was more consistent than Shane Williams or Maxime Medard...nobody was 100% foolproof, had the shortest/lowest dip in form.

Planet Rugby: Readers Team of the 6 Nations
http://www.planetrugby.com/sixnations/Stor...5090837,00.html

15 Lee Byrne,
14 Tommy Bowe,
13 Brian O'Driscoll,
12 Riki Flutey,
11 Luke Fitzgerald,
10 Stephen Jones,
9 Mike Philips,
8 Sergio Parisse,
7 David Wallace,
6 Stephen Ferris,
5 Paul O'Connell,
4 Alun-Wyn Jones,
3 John Hayes,
2 Dimitri Szarzewski,
1 Gethin Jenkins.

Ok, most of it seems pretty fair but John Hayes is probably being thought how to use the internet at home so he can look at this and laugh himself silly for a couple of hours before he goes and picks up the cows and throws them into the Cow 'whatever the fock cows sleep in'.

there's no doubt that Hayes had a good Six Nations by his standards but to put him in the team of the tournament is asking a bit much I'm afraid, Murray all the way and I'm sorry but there's no excuse for leaving out Heaslip.

The only reason to include him over Parisse is that he was on the winning side.

Latest posts