• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Autopsy thread: Which England team members are for the chopping block?

Yeah and everyone would be screaming how arrogant we are!

So many idiots on this forum lately even I sound reasonable and well informed.
'Everyone would be screaming how arrogant we are' - so what? The team nor fans should be seeking anyone else's approval.

So you want England not to celebrate a win?

It was a hard fought win in a hostile atmosphere, obviously they were going celebrate. Wales celebrated quite wildly last week when they beat us at Twickers, and rightly so.

Last edited:
Winning big games is far more important than an overall winning percentage. I just think that with the resources available with England Gats would have gotten you out of the group (@ the expense of Wales).

England should never have been put in the same group as Australia and Wales anyway. Those three teams should never have been drawn together. And the World Cup draw taking place FOUR YEARS before the tournament starts is just wrong. It's all a bit fishy to me - as is Wales being allowed to play most of their matches at the Millennium Stadium, therefore getting home advantage in ENGLAND'S World Cup.

My two pence worth.

Coaching team to go. There continued involvement would be untenable. Bring in SH coach that can bring England up to speed with a rugby style that can win works cups and 6 nations.

Find and or develop at least one, if not two, fetchers. This is clearly a critical part of the modern game and England cannot afford to ignore it as SL chose to.

BB will go when Manu is back fit, Eastmond needs to be involved, and Slade further developed. We need to settle on a 12/13 partnership and develop it including those who will be h to fill those roles.

We need to settle on a starting 10 and for my money it's Ford. He can certainly score and create try's. But Faz is still in the mix but I would like to give Cips a proper shot at the 10 spot before we loose him forever to the French.

Not sure why people are having a pop at Brown, the guy is world class, always beats two or more defenders in the counter attack, strong in the tackle and the air, not much more you can ask of a 15.

Wings are looking good at the moment and just need Time to settle in a bit more.

Youngs is still looking good at 9 and I've always liked Care, wiggy is pretty average.

Robshaw has to stay as it stands simply because I have no idea who else could captain the side?! Would be interested in what others thought with regards to a new captain?

As for the pack I really have no idea, hot and cold throughout, obviously something needs sorting but I have no idea what.

Burgess, failed experiment or just the right man out into the wrong team? I'm still out on this one. Get him back to bath and see what he can achieve in the premiership over the coming months. If no major improvement is seen I would suggest his England career for now needs to be put on hold.

That's it for now interested in what others think.

I clearly want or expect more form England than you do. One win is one win and should be considered nothing more than part of the job being done. It really shouldn't be that big a deal if your a team with genuine belief in your world championship potential.

Could work, he is good at installing solid, powerful, by the numbers rugby which is good for a limited talent pool like Wales or England but he can be a dick in the press which will draw the usual whining from everyone about arrogance, delusional grandeur blah blah blah but then SL was one of the most humble coaches England ever had and judging by some of the **** on here its not changed anyone's perception so stuff them, lets be arrogant if that's what everyone thinks

My two pence worth.

Coaching team to go. There continued involvement would be untenable. Bring in SH coach that can bring England up to speed with a rugby style that can win works cups and 6 nations.

Find and or develop at least one, if not two, fetchers. This is clearly a critical part of the modern game and England cannot afford to ignore it as SL chose to.

BB will go when Manu is back fit, Eastmond needs to be involved, and Slade further developed. We need to settle on a 12/13 partnership and develop it including those who will be h to fill those roles.

We need to settle on a starting 10 and for my money it's Ford. He can certainly score and create try's. But Faz is still in the mix but I would like to give Cips a proper shot at the 10 spot before we loose him forever to the French.

Not sure why people are having a pop at Brown, the guy is world class, always beats two or more defenders in the counter attack, strong in the tackle and the air, not much more you can ask of a 15.

Wings are looking good at the moment and just need Time to settle in a bit more.

Youngs is still looking good at 9 and I've always liked Care, wiggy is pretty average.

Robshaw has to stay as it stands simply because I have no idea who else could captain the side?! Would be interested in what others thought with regards to a new captain?

As for the pack I really have no idea, hot and cold throughout, obviously something needs sorting but I have no idea what.

Burgess, failed experiment or just the right man out into the wrong team? I'm still out on this one. Get him back to bath and see what he can achieve in the premiership over the coming months. If no major improvement is seen I would suggest his England career for now needs to be put on hold.

Agree with all of this. Along with eastmond I'd like to see daly and Simpson brought into the backs
In the pack bring in players like kvesic and itoje among others( burgess at 6 if he does well next year with Bath) and let a team build over the next 4 years.
I think Nathan Hughes is gonna be a big addition next year for the autumn

England beat Wales in Cardiff 2.years after being hammered by the same team. They also played very well of course they will celebrate it was a great win against one of the best sides in the 6N

You may also remember I spoke on this forum after the 6N game with England about Gats plan, it was to 1st and foremost to progress from group A, the 6N result was meaningless as was the 1st warm up game V Ireland, this shows the gulf in class between Gats and Lancaster as coaches.

You may also remember I spoke on this forum after the 6N game with England about Gats plan, it was to 1st and foremost to progress from group A, the 6N result was meaningless as was the 1st warm up game V Ireland, this shows the gulf in class between Gats and Lancaster as coaches.

You mean Gats and Farrell

It's all a bit fishy to me - as is Wales being allowed to play most of their matches at the Millennium Stadium, therefore getting home advantage in ENGLAND'S World Cup.

Not most... Half, two games at Cardiff (Fiji and Uruguay), two at Twitchers... I mean Twickers (Oz and England) hardly the walk in the park that would warrant tin foil hats!

... Also hypocrisy alert, England played at Twickers during the 1999 RWC... Ouch, snap.

My two pence worth.

Haven't you heard Tualagi is going North to play 13 a side

- - - Updated - - -

What are you on about ? I mean of course Gats and Lancaster.
Just incase you need further explanation Gats is the clever one, Lancaster is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Just incase you need further explanation Gats is the clever one, Lancaster is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't you heard Tualagi is going North to play 13 a side

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Guess the news hasn't reached the valleys yet, your not quite Gatland are you

Not most... Half, two games at Cardiff (Fiji and Uruguay), two at Twitchers... I mean Twickers (Oz and England) hardly the walk in the park that would warrant tin foil hats!

... Also hypocrisy alert, England played at Twickers during the 1999 RWC... Ouch, snap.

Which was jointly hosted yes?

Latest posts