• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019] Typhoon Hagibis - Discussion Thread

The possibility of being excluded from an elite rugby competition because of factors that have nothing to do with your playing ability must feel terrible and intensely frustrating.

Welcome to Japan, Fiji, Georgia & the US's world for decades in the past and decades in future due to self serving decisions made by the Dodsons and SRUs of this world. A time for quiet reflection in some quarters perhaps.

**** it why are they not playing rugby in this weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in my day at Old shitheads 9th veterans team we played in standing water at 2c with no baselayers.
You prissie footballers who call themselves Rugby players just don't understand real pain.

Damn the games gone soft now.

ITV reporting 5.7 earthquake just off the coast of Japan before the typhoon hits.

The possibility of being excluded from an elite rugby competition because of factors that have nothing to do with your playing ability must feel terrible and intensely frustrating.

Welcome to Japan, Fiji, Georgia & the US's world for decades in the past and decades in future due to self serving decisions made by the Dodsons and SRUs of this world. A time for quiet reflection in some quarters perhaps.

They are not good enough for the Six Nations/Championship, also there are economic/geographic reasons why they don't fit.

My solution

1. A Second Tier Euro Competition, (Georgia, Romania, Russia, Germany, Spain, Portugal)
2. A Pacific Competiion, (Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Japan, USA, Canada)

They are not good enough for the Six Nations/Championship, also there are economic/geographic reasons why they don't fit.

My solution

1. A Second Tier Euro Competition, (Georgia, Romania, Russia, Germany, Spain, Portugal)
2. A Pacific Competiion, (Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Japan, USA, Canada)
With promotion/relegation... or just leave them to their own devices?

Last edited:
Just to add some perspective, it's apparently the worst storm in 60 years.

Just to add some perspective, it's apparently the worst storm in 60 years.
Should of planned for it...

I feel sorry for the Scots in that they did have a chance to make up for their poor showing against Ireland. What's is being lost is Japan will have deservedly by playing superbly against Ireland.

Honestly I think people are rightly disappointed but expecting a bit much in regards to being able to have proper contingency plans in place. We are dealing with natural disasters here and its pretty much uncontrollable.

The great mistake is playing Typhoon season (although I read somewhere this is supposed to be the end). But that's on WR insisting the tournament must be played at the same time every year.

The only fans I know of who traveled are just happy they were able to get out of town before it hit.

However people are loosing thier lives, homes and livelyhoods in this. Rugby is nowhere near the most important thing.

Rescheduling all games to the region of Kyūshū would be an idea. That region won't be affected by Hagabis.

Cancelled games could've been played there, even on the same days as the Ireland and Wales games.

Really poor planning.

Last edited:
With promotion/relegation... or just leave them to their own devices?

Possible promotion and relegation in Europe but not for the Pacific competition

However 6N will never agree to promotion and relegation

Possible promotion and relegation in Europe but not for the Pacific competition

However 6N will never agree to promotion and relegation
I agree that they will never agree but in my opinion it is the only way that would 'eventually' get rid of tiering.

Latest posts