• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Autopsy thread: Which England team members are for the chopping block?

Lol at Manu to League.

Has anyone ever seen Valley Commando and Marwan Koukash in the same place ??? Haha

Also this is what Tuilagi had to say about that

England and British Lions RU centre Manu Tuilagi says reports linking him with a move to rugby league are "utter rubbish".

Tuilagi has labelled the stories and speculation as rumour when speaking to a North West RU source earlier today.

Last edited:
Whilst I accept that Armitage is England's best option at 7 at this moment in time, I'm not sure that changing the overseas rule just for him is the correct thing to do. England need to look a little deeper at why with 12 premiership teams, and a strong championship league, they can't produce more than 1/2 international class openside (jury is still out on Kvesic imo

How many starting No. 7s in the Premiership are actually eligible for England?

Sorry but no to unfair on Pocock.

Pocock might be a god but Seymour is a god king!

This is so true . Plus if Magnus Lund played he would have bought down the wrath of the Nordic gods on Bernard Foley for having a name like Bernard

Last season, seven.

Seymour, Kvesic, Fraser when fit, Robshaw, Wood/Clark, Haskell, Welch... I think that's the list.

Bath have Louw, LI normally play Cowan, can't remember who Exeter's first choice was, LW are irrelevant, Leicester had Salvi; next season Exeter will have him and Leicester will have someone else, probably also non-EQP.

Last season, seven.

Seymour, Kvesic, Fraser when fit, Robshaw, Wood/Clark, Haskell, Welch... I think that's the list.

Bath have Louw, LI normally play Cowan, can't remember who Exeter's first choice was, LW are irrelevant, Leicester had Salvi; next season Exeter will have him and Leicester will have someone else, probably also non-EQP.

7 of the 11 teams isn't bad considering it's the one position is traditionally unimportant in English rugby. I'd back Kvesic to be up there with the best given a good run of games tho

Last edited:
Kvesic, Fraser, Wallace, Seymour...

Funny enough, Tom Wood, kind of. When Lancaster took over, Wood had just won the Premiership player of the year whilst playing openside. He was a much better breakdown operator back then. Lancaster took Wood, a 7, and Robshaw, a 6, and traded their positions. For me it's still the most baffling decision Lancaster has made. If Wood could re-ignite his breakdown ability of four years ago, I wouldn't be too upset with him taking the 7 shirt. But four years of conditioning to be a work horse 6 has probably taken its toll.

You could put Clifford down as a 7 too, possibly the most similar player we have to Hooper.

There are certainly 2-3 young guys who have the potential to be good/very good international opensides.

Guess the news hasn't reached the valleys yet, your not quite Gatland are you

And your not quite all there are you, or are you just trying to wind people up, your comment 'Guess the news hasn't reached the valleys yet, your not quite Gatland are you' means what ?

Not sure you can say that Fraser is our starting number 7, I don't think anyone has a clue what's happening with him/whether he'll return to form/whether his injury problems will persist. However, I agree with the point that we have talent at 7 (and in various other positions, we're just not using it and prioritising the wrong thing. Eg, at flanker Lancaster prefers players who can do everything at an average standard, instead of 2 players who are excellent in certain aspects and cover each others' weaknesses. Ditto in the centres, with the only attribute which is prioritised being defence.

And your not quite all there are you, or are you just trying to wind people up, your comment 'Guess the news hasn't reached the valleys yet, your not quite Gatland are you' means what ?

Means your a thick **** and you should read the whole thread not just pick the bits you can be offended by

Valley - the meaning of the Farrell reference has been talked about earlier and is in quite of the press today too. This is referring to the overly large influence that Andy Farrell potentially has had on elections and game plans, making Lancaster out to be not much more than a mouthpiece for Farrell and his decisions.

Thats a quite a nerve you have there to ask that

Next personal comment in this thread gets a ban.

7 of the 11 teams isn't bad considering it's the one position is traditionally unimportant in English rugby. I'd back Kvesic to be up there with the best given a good run of games tho

Up there with the best means what ? None of those would make the top 10 World opensides would they ? and how many are genuine 7's I think we already established Robshaw is a 6.
In no particular order top 10 7's -:

McCaw, Cane, Pocock, Hooper, Warberton, Tiperic, O'Brien, Lobbe, Armitage and Louw.

Latest posts