• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Autopsy thread: Which England team members are for the chopping block?

Gatland would've been a great fit for England and he wanted the job in 2007, however the RFU turned him down and retained Brian Ashton.

I always see the Welsh bellyaching about Gatland because they don't like "Gatball" etc, but surely now they understand he's a world class coach. It might be attritional rugby, but it's bloody effective.

Up there with the best means what ? None of those would make the top 10 World opensides would they ? and how many are genuine 7's I think we already established Robshaw is a 6.
In no particular order top 10 7's -:

McCaw, Cane, Pocock, Hooper, Warberton, Tiperic, O'Brien, Lobbe, Armitage and Louw.

If Kvesic actually got picked by Lancaster and given a run of games I'd back him to be into the top 10 or 12 open sides in the world . He's only 22 at the moment I think

Gatland would've been a great fit for England and he wanted the job in 2007, however the RFU turned him down and retained Brian Ashton.

I always see the Welsh bellyaching about Gatland because they don't like "Gatball" etc, but surely now they understand he's a world class coach. It might be attritional rugby, but it's bloody effective.

You have to do what you can with a limited talent pool which is why Warrenball could work for England until the talent developed

Last season, seven.

Seymour, Kvesic, Fraser when fit, Robshaw, Wood/Clark, Haskell, Welch... I think that's the list.

Bath have Louw, LI normally play Cowan, can't remember who Exeter's first choice was, LW are irrelevant, Leicester had Salvi; next season Exeter will have him and Leicester will have someone else, probably also non-EQP.

Robshaw is not a genuine 7, he's a 6 wearing a 7 jersey. Maybe I should have been more clear.

How many genuine jackler/fetcher/breakdown turnover No. 7s in the Premiership are eligible for England.

Robshaw is not a genuine 7, he's a 6 wearing a 7 jersey. Maybe I should have been more clear.

How many genuine jackler/fetcher/breakdown turnover No. 7s in the Premiership are eligible for England.

Rats would be the best to ask but I can vouch for Kvesic having all these skills and more

He's better than Warburton

Please stop trying to wind people up, it would seem you are making ridiculous comments just so someone will get offended, then say something offensive and get kicked off the forum.
Don't do it you know its wrong, you'll be saying England have a better 10 than Biggar next, just accept the fact England are out now and for no other reason than they weren't good enough especially in the back row and centres

Please stop trying to wind people up, it would seem you are making ridiculous comments just so someone will get offended, then say something offensive and get kicked off the forum.
Don't do it you know its wrong, you'll be saying England have a better 10 than Biggar next, just accept the fact England are out now and for no other reason than they weren't good enough especially in the back row and centres

I'd agree with you other than we don't have a problem at number 8 or outside centre . Our problem lie in the flanks and inside centre

No wind up, Warburton isn't even the best open side in the Welsh side plus he's a liability, how many players get red carded in a Semi final? Lions smashed the aussies in the third test after he was injured. Gatlands stuck with him now in the same way Farrell was stuck with Robshaw

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try again.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try again.

I know I just thought I would try and post a stupid, pointless one eyed post like valley back door commando and see if it made me feel better but it doesn't. Oh well.

Good try. As a welshman, I've been crying out for Tips to be picked over Warburton. I try and take an objective view on England and rugby generally. I am not a fan that's ecstatic to see England knocked out. I lived in Exeter for five years and I supported Exeter Chiefs when I lived there. I still track their progress with interest. I'm disappointed that Nowell and Slade didn't get opportunities in the tournament - I felt they could have brought something different to the team; particularly Slade.

This is my take on England v Australia last night. If you can bare to take a look... Know how you're feeling mate. I watched all 80 minutes v Fiji in '07. Couldn't watch for months after.

whatithinksite.wordpress.com/thats-all-folks

Just off the top of my head:
Sale have Seymour and Lund (plus three just graduating the academy having been apprenticing under those two, Dan Braid and Hendre Fourie...immense).
Northampton have Jamie Gibson (though I fear Tigers may have ruined him a bit, making play as a Tom Wood-esque 6.5) and Ben Nutley
Gloucester have Matt Kvesic
Harlequins have Luke Wallace
Saracens have Will Fraser

Just off the top of my head:
Sale have Seymour and Lund (plus three just graduating the academy having been apprenticing under those two, Dan Braid and Hendre Fourie...immense).
Northampton have Jamie Gibson (though I fear Tigers may have ruined him a bit, making play as a Tom Wood-esque 6.5) and Ben Nutley
Gloucester have Matt Kvesic
Harlequins have Luke Wallace
Saracens have Will Fraser

Lund!? Stop it

We have Olly Robinson.

What?!? 22 tries in 22 games

*this post is not meant to be taken seriously

Latest posts