• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Greatest Player You've Ever Seen

Def Lomu and Spencer. Spencer is a very clever player. Also Tim Rodber for me. Very inspirational

1. Gavin Henson
2. Brian O'Driscoll
3. Shane Williams
4. James Hook
5. Jason Robinson
[/b]

Shane Williams? Hmmmmmm he's good but one of the greatest players? Thats.....Diffrent :blink:

Naas Botha

Christian Cullen

Andre Joubert

Michael Jones

John Kirwan

David Campese

Joe Roff

Frik du Preez

Danie Gerber

Ettienne Botha

Waisale Serevi

Henty Honiball

Sean Fitzpatrick

i guess a lot of players on their best form would be hard to judge to see whos actually the best, Caucau, lomu, cullen, wilko, o'driscoll etc etc the list would be endless

After watching some youtube replays of Christian Cullens performances, I forgot how awesome this guy was.

Certainly one of the best open/broken play running backs there ever was. Some amazing runs from full back position carving up through the field.

Champagne Rugby!

jeremy staunton

andy goode

dan parks

keri sweeney

and the mighty tommy bowe [/b]

You can add Al Baxter to that list. The only prop in world rugby who plays in rollerskates.

Ive looked back on my dads videos, and ive seen some freaky players, most of them being welsh, Gareth Edwards, Barry John and JPR are all freaks who did something out of nothing.
The players i believe are the greatest are the ones making the most impact so Jonah was obviously the most destructive back and McCaw is so much above the rest, cos he keeps going and going and gets so much ball.

yeah jonah without a doubt. he is the only one that could do things no one else could.

for me it's one of the two J's...Wilkinson or Lomu.

I don't think there are many who could lay claim to Wilkinson's mental strength or his application on and off the field. There are even fewer who could compare themselves to Jonah Lomu. His physical prowess, at a time when players simply weren't built like that, was a unique phenommenon in the game. I think he would have destroyed just as many defences now as he did back then. What a monster!
Here are some beautiful moments from JOnny and Jonah. Actions, as we all know, speak louder than words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7rPSQmkonI

http://www.visarugby.com/week11.aspx

for sheer sense of anticipation whenever they touch the ball: the two Js. Lomu and Robinson.

For grit, passion and never giving in i'd also say Johnson. For sheer inspiration to all i'd say Keith Wood. And for the magic, i can't not appreciate Serevi.

in my youth, i was really impressed with phillipe sella's performances
didier camberabero was also a great kicker/punter et a very creative player
david campese was also incredible

what do you think ?

Will Greenwood
John Eales
Martin Johnson
Brian O'Driscoll
Joe Roff
Christian Cullen
Chris Latham

In no particular order, purely based on the enjoyment of watching them play.

Latest posts