• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Inquisition gets “cyRilâ€

Spanish Inquisition

Nobody Expects Us!
Country Flag
Spain
Club or Nation
Spain
Good day to you Sir cyRil, we are here to understand your strange manner!

We of the Spanish Inquisition have been asked to perform special interrogations on behalf of the TRF, to find the weirdest and most interesting of characters!

So, lets get down and dirty with you.

So numero uno, who or what is cyRil?

cyRil is a bit of a random name. I think back in the day I originally took it from a friends’ late Grandfather. My mate kind of objected at first, but my reasoning was that his granddad wasn’t using it anymore, so! He submitted after that. My brother also has a similar alias of diLys; oh and the ‘R’ in my name is capitalised because it is meant to be rolled, rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Ah … how very silly! Now next question this is a rugby forum, what is your rugby background?

Not a prestigious one! I was a football kid growing up, and played for Neath Boys Club. I played rugby for my comprehensive school, but we used to get dicked â€" like, 50-0 every game, so that kind of put me off playing. I got back into it a couple of years ago and played for a Uni Department side last year, and we were pretty good! Currently looking for a side too, so if anyone knows of any in Cardiff region, tell me!
As a spectator I’m the most passionate you could ever meet and the Welsh rugby team is, as sad as it sounds, one of the most important things in my life!

So we have found out that you are a roundballer first, how interesting. But this must not stop our inquisition, who was your rugby idol when you was a young whipper-snapper?

Now that’s a silly question, isn’t it? As I’m a centre though I mainly idolise them. The likes of Richard Kahui, Yannick Jauzion, Yann David and obviously Gav; whilst I think Conrad Smith is a genius and possibly the most underrated player in the world. I also think Heinrich Brussow is the best player on earth.

Sir cyRil, that was not silly but a question that was necessary to determine what type of character you are. From our map of the world we know you reside in Cardiff but a keen follower of the Ospreys, so which do you like best, the industrial area of Swansea or the Tiger Bay of Cardiff?

As cities, I’d go for Cardiff every day of the week. Cardiff is one of the nicest cities around, whereas Swansea is the graveyard of ambition. But I’d support the Swans over the Bluebirds 10/10.

Sir, it is good to know that you enjoy Cardiff. We have only ever been there once on a pilgrimage to find the tavern called the Prince of Wales! So do you play any other sports or follow anyone else in these sports?

I’ve represented my school in football, cricket and basketball, as previously stated played for Neath in footie and used to be captain of my village’s U16′s cricket club.
I support Manchester United. You can have a go saying I’m a glory hunter, but the truth is everyone in infants school used to talk about them so I followed suit â€" that’s it. Supported them since I was 4 and absolutely love them. Also a bit of a closet Spurs fan, as they’re my Dad’s team. When I’m in the mood I dabble in NFL, and follow the Dallas Cowboys, who are my American uncle’s team.

We the Spanish Inquisition would like to know what are thoughts and feelings about this here forum?

Well it’s the place to be, isn’t it? I’ve looked over my first few posts recently and I seem such a shy and reserved character! I soon realised that conversation was much more heated, vibrant and liberal than on other forums, which I found refreshing. Also, any forum that has smartcooky and saracenangel within a 5 mile radius of one another is one to brag about!!

On the topic of the forum who are the likes and dislike of of the members on this fair forum?

I wouldn’t like to name names, just in case I missed anyone out, I know I’d be miffed if I was left out! (TRFies 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I’m not bitter. There are legends, donkeys and stuck-up so-and-so’s alike, but I love it! I think loads of people are great on here.
(Honourable mentions to absent friends â€" RC, Speedy and Hall).

Ahhh, we see the soft side of your hear Sir cyRil? Here a question which has played on the minds we have inquired. Who…..is your favourite Muppet?

Only one winner â€" Gonzo. He is amazing! Muppets’ Treasure Island is my favourite film of all time so you’ve asked a keen fan!
I have Gonzo boxers, and because of my (allegedly) overly ample nose I have recently acquired the alias ‘Lil’ Gonzo’.
I can also often be seen in Cardiff city centre, usually around Christmas, opening my arms out wide and loudly exclaiming; ‘EXPECT THE FIRST GHOST WHEN THE BELL TOLLS ONE!!!!’ And that is no word of a lie… They love me here!

We know of your desires for a Miss Charlotte Church, are you really a man of the ladies as we here?

I’d like to think so. However I have been suffering a bit of a dry patch recently.
For my birthday last year a mate bought a fishing net and wrote the names of all of the girls I’d pulled along the handle… So as you can imagine it was completely covered! and put a photo of me and my (now ex) girlfriend on the front. It’s called ‘cyRil’s Jew Net’, and I ‘cast it’ whenever I go out on the pull. Classy stuff!

Informants of ours have told us also of a man called Gavin Henson whom you seek, if you had to decide between Miss Church or Mr Henson who would it be?

I do joke on here, but I think I am actually in love with Gavin Henson. If he never comes back to rugby I might just top myself.

Words that may yet come to haunt yourself. While this love life chit-chat has been intrguine we would like to know Sir, what is your favourite film?

Muppets’ Treasure Island is just comedy perfection, with class songs and sooo many one-liners. I also love LOTR. I’ve adored the story since my Dad first read it to me when i was 5, and I think I’ve read the books 15 times since, the films are, for me personally, unrivaled in cinema… Unless you’re a Muppet.

Ahhhh…. we guessed so by your craziness. As we are on this very topic of film, who is your favourite actor?

Denzel Washington. You just get so emotionally drawn into his films due mainly to his portrayal of the particular character. Last film of his I saw was American Gangster, and it was brilliant. Whereas in most other films there is a degree of predictability that makes them mundane, Denzel’s acting is spontaneous, humane and REAL

cyRil we will look into this Denzel character, he seems like an interesting one. Our final question is …. what is our message to all on TRF?

SUCK MY BALLS!!!

Not what the world was expecting! Well, cyRil. We will let you go this time to follow your tirade across this here forum. You have left us very happy and more knowledgeable of yourself. Goodbye Sir cyRil

Latest posts