• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

Still a call up

Sipping Boba Fett GIF

I do find it funny though the last time SA played was the 2019 RWC.
Yet everyone and their mum have completely forgotten about the 2019 RWC or claim it was an age ago and shouldn't be relevant.

The only top level prop I can think of is Joe Market theoretically can cover tighthead in an emergency (I think he was named as a utility prop in the world cup? Or maybe last lions tour? Can't remember which) but I'm not sure he ever played there

As mentioned above: the Lions have asked a number of players to basically quarantine at home for the duration of the tour so they can fly in if there's injuries - though that'll go out the window if SA implement a quarantine as you enter the country (I'm guessing there isn't one atm? Not sure)

Edit: Porter plays tighthead and loosehead, I think, as well

Yeah I'd say Porter is the better option for covering both. He actually played games at loosehead during the WC warmups and looked good, 90% certain you guys named Marler as covering both but he didn't play tighthead at all.

Also just generally rather have a TH who covers LH than vice versa.

I mean go into any England thread and we are *****ing and moaning about England selections.

Yeah, and if people want to ***** and moan about Gats decisions then fine, I'll probably have a little ***** myself but *****ing about certain calls you disagree with is one thing and saying Gatland has ulterior motives and favours players he knows are poorer coz he favours Welsh players is something completely separate

If anything it's going to be the Irish players that get ****** over by poor selections from Gatland (Francis likely to go over Porter, for example)

Though I'm not sure the Irish mind all that much, there's not a lot of love for the extended Lions seasons over there

If youve been on here a long time I think you would know that English fans usually moan mostly about the lack of Scottish and Irish players over welsh ones. There's the odd few English players (like launchbury) but in general he takes lots of welsh irrespective of their form or how good they are as an actual player.
I'm trying to remember who the big talking points were last time.

Launchburry
Biggar over Russell/Ford (still shouldn't happen but were resigned to it this time).

Then my brain kinda forgets.

Yeah, I keep on asking people to give me a breakdown of all these unjust decisions but people don't respond. Would be really interested to hear. Launchbury was covered off yesterday.

Yeah, and if people want to ***** and moan about Gats decisions then fine, I'll probably have a little ***** myself but *****ing about certain calls you disagree with is one thing and saying Gatland has ulterior motives and favours players he knows are poorer coz he favours Welsh players is something completely separate
Litreally nobody in this thread is saying that.....

Ok cool. Why do you think he picked say AWJ over Launchbury, for example?
Beacuse he's a **** coach who pick players he knows over ones he doesn't. But there's no ulterior grand conpiracy.

Beacuse he's a **** coach who pick players he knows over ones he doesn't. But there's no ulterior grand conpiracy.

Lol. You think this isn't conspiracy? This is the stuff that is laughable. Do you really think you, or any other English layman, knows Launchbury better than Gatland?

Now this is going to sound really controversial to you lads but maybe, just maybe, Gatland thinks AWJ is a better rugby player. Crazy thought I know.

You guys keep on ignoring the fact that these decisions are made by committee as well. I know that doesn't help with your confirmation bias but it's a fact.

Lol. You think this isn't conspiracy? This is the stuff that is laughable. Do you really think you, or any other English layman, knows Launchbury better than Gatland?

Now this is going to sound really controversial to you lads but maybe, just maybe, Gatland thinks AWJ is a better rugby player. Crazy thought I know.
Seriously man what are you on? Do I have to actually say the words for you to listen instead of reading into thing I haveb't said.

Gatland thought AWJ was a better player than Launchburry

Doesn't not make it a ******* stupid decision caused by bias of him knowing the players.

Because the English can't handle that players they think are the best in the world are ignored by someone who disagrees and thinks other players are as good or better.
Have you ever heard of Wales Online?

Definitely a case of pot calling the kettle black here.

FWIW, I'd personally pick a pretty even split across England, Wales and Ireland right now with 4 or 5 Scots.

I DO think Gatland has a bit of a bias, but I accept that he knows the Welsh players better and if it's a case of going with players he's worked with vs. those he hasn't, I understand that and I don't even think it's overly controversial.

Have you ever heard of Wales Online?

Definitely a case of pot calling the kettle black here.

FWIW, I'd personally pick a pretty even split across England, Wales and Ireland right now with 4 or 5 Scots.
I have, and this forum makes Wales online seem pretty objective. Lol.

Latest posts