• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

The fact even welsh fans here, including yourself wouldnt have picked him or really gone near him given the back row options available, which are insanely strong, is pretty damning

And better argument than "he lost a game to SA by less than England players" as if that has any actual value. Lets face it, Wales werent beating NZ in the other semi. Or could say England Hammered Australia but Wales won by 4 points, so that says it all about when you're comparing matches as someone being "good"

But as I mentioned, quality stache, much enjoyed

I think I've mentioned him as a possibility to be fair. But wtf does that prove. All of us know the square root of F all to be perfectly honestly. None of us have the information on the players that Gats and the coaching staff have so essentially it's a misinformed opinion.

I was deliberately responding to your ridiculous point that he should be as far away from the squad as a retired player. I thought it was deliberately hyperbolic and you have since addmited that so no beef compadre.

I think I've mentioned him as a possibility to be fair. But wtf does that prove. All of us know the square root of F all to be perfectly honestly. None of us have the information on the players that Gats and the coaching staff have so essentially it's a misinformed opinion.

I was deliberately responding to your ridiculous point that he should be as far away from the squad as a retired player. I thought it was deliberately hyperbolic and you have since addmited that so no beef compadre.
Give me the beef. I want that Steak

True, I havent noticed if you did, and tbf to him, maybe in a weaker year in terms of back row talent, but there's so many players that impact games in a big way in the back rows atm

Give me the beef. I want that Steak

True, I havent noticed if you did, and tbf to him, maybe in a weaker year in terms of back row talent, but there's so many players that impact games in a big way in the back rows atm
And you'll have no arguments from me there. As I said, I wouldn't pick him, especially over someone like Navidi. Either way, there's been lots of left field picks from pundits but this one has triggered some of you it would seem. Mind you, the talk Marcus Smith semi triggered me earlier. Lol.

And you'll have no arguments from me there. As I said, I wouldn't pick him, especially over someone like Navidi. Either way, there's been lots of left field picks from pundits but this one has triggered some of you it would seem. Mind you, the talk Marcus Smith semi triggered me earlier. Lol.
Smith shouldnt go, he's been class this year, but Test rugby is such a step up. He'll likely be in the England team however this summer
Navidi I hope will be there, as again he's been magnificent, and to me far and away Wales best back row of the Six Nations past. Absolutely immense v England in particular, but really seemed to lead the team in a lot of ways. Im not saying he should start, but I wouldnt say he doesnt deserve to be there if he did. Would be a good man for the 20 shirt (see no Wales bias here :p)

Smith shouldnt go, he's been class this year, but Test rugby is such a step up. He'll likely be in the England team however this summer
Navidi I hope will be there, as again he's been magnificent, and to me far and away Wales best back row of the Six Nations past. Absolutely immense v England in particular, but really seemed to lead the team in a lot of ways. Im not saying he should start, but I wouldnt say he doesnt deserve to be there if he did. Would be a good man for the 20 shirt (see no Wales bias here :p)
Back row has been done to death. I think you can make very good cases for a multitude of different combinations so it's really in the "whatever the coaches deem best for their respective game plan" territory.

I honestly don't care to much. I obviously want to win and have my own views on which players will be best equipped to do that but I don't seem them train, I don't know their personalities or have access to their medical records and, most importantly, believe it or not, I've never coached an international rugby side before so I should probably leave it to people who can make a more informed decision and I would, to a much lesser extent obviously, include pundits in that group who know more than us. So if Ugo says Wainwright I'll listen with respect to what he has to say (unless he's being deliberately edgy) just as I will automatically say Care should tour coz Adam Jones said so.

Adam Beard over Wainwright. Beard is loved by Gatland and I seriously think he will be selected. People keep talking about physicality for RSA and you can't get bigger than him.

Adam Beard over Wainwright. Beard is loved by Gatland and I seriously think he will be selected. People keep talking about physicality for RSA and you can't get bigger than him.

Might be a slight problem there in that Beard is a 2nd row and Wainwright is a back rower. I think we're well enough stocked in the 2nd row to consider Beard tbf

My starting 15:
Moriarty
Willis
B vunipola
Beirne
Itoje
Wainwright
Ritchie
Faletau
Tipuric
Curry
Underhill
O'Mahoney
stander
Van der flier
Watson

Oh crap I forgot connors

What players are people hoping miss out on selection just to see the big **** storm online?
Any member of the Wales 6N squad missing out is going to cause a social media meltdown by Wales Online and it's rabid followers

I think the most realistic meltdowns:
  • Hamish Watson missing out (there's a good chance he will, due to the other options, and a lot of people will lose their minds)
  • Owen Farrell being named (almost inevitable, and will cause a lot of gnashing of teeth)

Genge saying he didn't even get a letter. Very surprised by that

Gotta be joking, surely?
He loves a wind up on social media - to not even make the 50-odd player extended list would be....very surprising

What players are people hoping miss out on selection just to see the big **** storm online?
AWJ ;)

Honestly its hard to tell, last time it Launchburry who had been shortlisted for player of the tournament in the 6 nations (and was probably England's standout player by a margin) that was pretty shocking.

This years list was Tadhg Beirne, Antoine Dupont, Taulupe Faletau, Robbie Henshaw, Louis Rees-Zammit and Hamish Watson. Feels like Watson could be the guy or Curry a flanker feels like ripe picking for a crazy omission.

Any member of the Wales 6N squad missing out is going to cause a social media meltdown by Wales Online and it's rabid followers

I think the most realistic meltdowns:
  • Hamish Watson missing out (there's a good chance he will, due to the other options, and a lot of people will lose their minds)
  • Owen Farrell being named (almost inevitable, and will cause a lot of gnashing of teeth)

Gotta be joking, surely?
He loves a wind up on social media - to not even make the 50-odd player extended list would be....very surprising
I want Farrell to tour, purely so Jones is forced to pick others.

I want Farrell to tour, purely so Jones is forced to pick others.
Tour but not play, I'm still convinced he'll start at 12. I wouldn't be surprised if magically ends up at 10.

Latest posts