18 Kyle Sinckler
19 Joe Launchbury
20 Taulupe Faletau
21 Rhys Webb
22 Joey Carbery
23 Joe Marchant

Eddie Jones to be the coach

What's your guys thought's :)

These are silly posts as it's impossible to know what will happen in 4 years.

Anyhoo considering 9 guys from 2013 were involved in the last test and keeping age in mind id go with

Williams
Daly
Ringrose (I know Davies is probably man of the series but I'm a one eyed paddy)
Farrell
Watson
Carbery/Ford
Murray
Vunipola
Leavy (He'll be the best 7 in the world at this point)(Paddy)
Warburton
Itoje Captain
Launchbury
Furlong
George
Vunipola

Okay for a laugh
Head Coach: Tigs Man
Assistant coach: Eddie Jones

1) Vunipola (30), Genge (26), McGrath (32)
2) George (30), Cowan-Dickie (28), Scannell (29)
3) Furlong (28), Sinckler (26), Fagurson (25)
4) Itoje (26), J.Gray (27), Ryan (25)
5) Launchbury (30),Henderson (30)
6) Moriarty (27), Cloete (30), Ruddock (30)
7) B.Curry (23), Underhill (24) , Watson (29)
8) Vunipola (28), Deegan (25)
9) McGrath (28), Youngs (31), Price (28)
10) Ford (28), Russell (28), Carbery (25)
11) Earle (26), Giles (23), Cokanasiga (24)
12) Henshaw (27), Farrell (29)
13) Manu (30), Ringrose (26), Jones (27) (swap Mau with Aki if is he isn't fit).
14) Watson (27), O'Loughlin (27),
15) Williams (30). Daly (28), Hogg (28)

Come at me.

Last edited:
Okay for a laugh
Head Coach: Tigs Man
Assistant coach: Eddie Jones

1) Vunipola (30), Genge (26), McGrath (32)
2) George (30), Cowan-Dickie (28), Scannell (29)
3) Furlong (28), Sinckler (26), Fagurson (25)
4) Itoje (26), J.Gray (27), Ryan (25)
5) Launchbury (30),Henderson (30)
6) Moriarty (27), Cloete (30), Ruddock (30)
7) B.Curry (23), Underhill (24) , Watson (29)
8) Vunipola (28), Deegan (25)
9) McGrath (28), Youngs (31), Price (28)
10) Ford (28), Russell (28), Carbery (25)
11) Earle (26), Giles (23), Cokanasiga (24)
12) Henshaw (27), Farrell (29)
13) Manu (30), Ringrose (26), Jones (27) (swap Mau with Aki if is he isn't fit).
14) Watson (27), O'Loughlin (27),
15) Williams (30). Daly (28), Hogg (28)

Come at me.

Dan Leavy's already better than every backrower you've named(bar Vunipola). He'll be the Lions 7. I'm always right(I'm also aware this is a ridiculous discussion).

Some good punts might be Zach Mercer (will be 24) and Nick Isiekwe (23).

~

I'm sure there'll be someone that no one sees coming, but they're actually pretty few. Most players on the this tour was either in Australia in 2013 or was a youth star. Daly was playing for the Barbarians age 20, Watson and Itoje were getting hype in the U20s and winning JWC tournaments.

The hard ones to pick are people like Lawes (out of favour in 2013 after a few years in internationals) and Stander (good Munster player from South Africa).

**** it.

Head Coach: The Alpha Bro
Assistant coach: An unusually quiet and bruised Warren Gatland

Squad: 22 players picked out of Gatland's favourite players and Leicester's best players as well as Gats himself. No rotation, Lions ruined, I win and everyone in Ireland loves me after we become the first team to Beat Joe Schmidt's New Zealand in the 2023 RWC Final in Dublin because of it (Joe was given the job having beaten them in the 2019 Final)

Interesting that it is possible there will be no English in 2021 if they PRL succeed

Head coach - Gregor Townsend

1 Vunipola, McGrath, Dell
2 George, Brown, Scannel
3 Furlong, Fagerson, Sinkler
4 Itoje, Gray, Ryan
5 Treadwell, Launchbury
6 Moriarty, Henderson
7 J Davies, Watson, VD Flier
8 Vunipola, Mercer, O'Donoghue
9 Murray, Webb, Price
10 Farrell, Carberry, Russell
11 Evans, Byrne
12 Henshaw, Taylor
13 Ringrose, Slade, Jones
14 Conway, Watson
15 Hogg, Williams, Daly

Scotland on an upwards curve and should have more positive representation in playing and coaching squads. Expect some of the England under 20s side to break through and stake a claim in world cup and Lions squads

~

I'm sure there'll be someone that no one sees coming, but they're actually pretty few. Most players on the this tour was either in Australia in 2013 or was a youth star. Daly was playing for the Barbarians age 20, Watson and Itoje were getting hype in the U20s and winning JWC tournaments.

The hard ones to pick are people like Lawes (out of favour in 2013 after a few years in internationals) and Stander (good Munster player from South Africa).

Agree on all of the above.

Itoje was the youngest Lions tourist at 22. There aren't going to be many players who are 18 now that are going to be established enough to be among the best in their position in four years time.

As Goodey has said players like Mercer or Isiekwe or the Curry twins could potentially come to the fore, but I think that will only be a handful of exceptional cases.

In reality, the 2017 squad was fairly young so we'll probably see a lot of them returning with another four years and 30-40 caps' worth of experience.

The 'new' players aren't likely to be unknown to us now, but are probably just hitting their stride - I'm thinking such as Ringrose or Leavy or Huw Jones.

What will also be interesting is how much of a 'last hurrah' the World Cup may be for players that have been fixtures in their teams for years. The likes Robshaw or AWJ or SOB aren't going to be around anymore which will definitely mean changes in a lot of the NH teams post 2019.

Last edited:
Interesting that it is possible there will be no English in 2021 if they PRL succeed
Sadly that would be the end of the Lions I suspect. I'm trying to think of the impact of other nations, Scotland could likely drop and it not really effect the tour. Ireland or Wales could see it carry on but I suspect if Wales went others would quickly follow. It might just might manage without Ireland thanks to our newfound isolationism. But England the financial loss from television revenue and tourists would have too great an impact.

Rather saddening though really unless your alpha bro.

Sadly that would be the end of the Lions I suspect. I'm trying to think of the impact of other nations, Scotland could likely drop and it not really effect the tour. Ireland or Wales could see it carry on but I suspect if Wales went others would quickly follow. It might just might manage without Ireland thanks to our newfound isolationism. But England the financial loss from television revenue and tourists would have too great an impact.

Rather saddening though really unless your alpha bro.
True but the real killer is it would not survive financially without English but I suspect that is where this will be sorted. More money will get to PRL and an agreement reached.

~

Seen a few of these predictions pop up and surprisingly few have mentioned Mercer? Watched a fair bit of him for the u20's this year, and he's just looked a cut above everyone around him. His performances for Quins have impressed me as well, as you sometimes see players who dominate at u20s struggle to break through when they play senior rugby, but's he's looked very good so far and definitely has a bright future (unfortunately for us ;))

He'll be 23 come SA 2022 (I think), and can see him being established in the England set up by then if he keeps up his performances over the next few seasons, so definitely a shout.

not sure if this has been posted but ive just come across it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...-man-squad-tour-south-africa-four-years-time/

some laughable selections.

These articles are always funny, I think WalesOnline (yeah I struggle to take them seriously too) predicted in 2013 that James Down would be a test Lion on this NZ tour... That totally worked out.

Few interesting selections from the Telegraph there though... Lots of players there who have the potential to be in the mix in 4 years time, in particular the likes of Mercer, Carbery, S Evans, T Williams, Price etc., just depends if they're able to build on the season they've just had.

People forget guys like James Lowe or Cloete or any other guys like that are in mix too.

Seen a few of these predictions pop up and surprisingly few have mentioned Mercer? Watched a fair bit of him for the u20's this year, and he's just looked a cut above everyone around him. His performances for Quins have impressed me as well, as you sometimes see players who dominate at u20s struggle to break through when they play senior rugby, but's he's looked very good so far and definitely has a bright future (unfortunately for us ;))

He'll be 23 come SA 2022 (I think), and can see him being established in the England set up by then if he keeps up his performances over the next few seasons, so definitely a shout.

These articles are always funny, I think WalesOnline (yeah I struggle to take them seriously too) predicted in 2013 that James Down would be a test Lion on this NZ tour... That totally worked out.

Few interesting selections from the Telegraph there though... Lots of players there who have the potential to be in the mix in 4 years time, in particular the likes of Mercer, Carbery, S Evans, T Williams, Price etc., just depends if they're able to build on the season they've just had.

Bath.

h
1 Joe Marler
2 Jaime George
3 Wp niel
4 Maro itoje (captain)
5 Jonny Gray
6 Ross Moriarty
7 Tom Curry
8 Billy Vunipola
9 Ben Young's
10 George Ford
11 Denny Solomon
12 Owen Farrell
13 Garry Ringrose
14 Antony Watson
15 Liam Williams

Sub's
16 Tadhg Furlong
17 Ken Owens
18 Kyle Sinckler
19 Joe Launchbury
20 Taulupe Faletau
21 Rhys Webb
22 Joey Carbery
23 Joe Marchant

Eddie Jones to be the coach

What's your guys thought's :)
Whos tom curry??
I agree with the rest

Wasn't he the Rocky Horror guy... also played Pennywise in the original IT (oh no, wait, that was Warren Gatland with the red nose!)

Just for a laugh:

1. Mako Vunipola
2. Ryan Elias
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Maro Itoje (Capt.)
5. Charlie Ewles
6. Mark Wilson
7. Justin Tipruic
8. Taulupe Faletau
9. Conor Murray
10. Finn Russell
11. Keelan Giles
12. Henry Slade
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Adam Byrne
15. Anthony Watson

Bench: Tadgh Furlong, Rob Evans, George Kruis, Dan Leavy, Rhys Webb, Owen Farrell, Robbie Henshaw, Stuart Hogg

Gregor Townsend to be the Coach.

Latest posts