The Masters

Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
So it's that time of year again. Who do people on here fancy to be the big players? Tiger Woods would appear to be coming back into form at just the right time while Justin Rose and Rory McIlroy will no doubt be eager to continue their bout at the top of the international leader board. I personally expect a pretty strong challenge from Louis Oosthuizen.

So TRF, what's going to happen on the weekend?

Can't disagree with your picks...

however I think this time around the spread is so evenly matched that I bet it would go down to a play-off with 3 maybe 4 guys playing for the ***le.

Me personally would like to see Charl Scwartzel or Louis Oosthuizen win it for the Saffas. Alternatively Rory Mcilroy, Martin Kaymer, Lee Westwood or Adam Scott.

Due to some previous scenes from the Ryder Cup, I hate any american player, no matter how good they are, how many chicks they banged or if they are left handed...

I think Jason Day and Hunter Mahan will put in a good fight, Day would be one of my favorite golfers, Mahan I hate just because of his first name.

McIlRoy and Woods are the obvious favorites KJ Choi is my outside pick.

Still think Woods, McIllory, Choi and Schwartzel will be there or there abouts come the end. Mickleson for a dark horse?

Last edited:
My pick would be one of the Aussies. I seem to remember Ogilvy, Scott and Day did pretty well last time.

Have a feeling McIlroy and Woods are getting bit too much hype and won't be at business end of Sunday.
Big Phil Mickleson and possibly a long shot in Justin Rose would be decent calls.

Harrington was never going to win it so fair play on the Par 3 challenge.

Golf is one sport I can't enjoy, just can't sit down and like it. Would like McIlroy to win it but won't be watching, they dont do green blazers in my size anyway

I had a dream McIlroy won. No idea why don't care much for golf but just so you know.

Have a feeling McIlroy and Woods are getting bit too much hype and won't be at business end of Sunday.
Big Phil Mickleson and possibly a long shot in Justin Rose would be decent calls.

Harrington was never going to win it so fair play on the Par 3 challenge.

I can see your point with McIlroy but he's had it for every tournament since the US Open last year and well Woods has had it his whole career, I can't see it taking any effect on their performances.

McIlroy +5 today +1 total.

Louis Oosthuizen, Stenson, and Matt Kuchar leading at -5.

Other Europeans doing well and in with a shot are

Westwood and Hanson -4
Harrington, Jacobson, Lawrie -3
Poulter -2

Come on Paddy. :D

As I predicted for Woods and McIllroy.

Also my Big Phil bet isn't looking too shabby

What the hell happened with McIllroy? Last night everyone's telling me he's doing **** then I wake up and am told he's -4.

Oosthuizen with an Albatross ... and what?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4wCtlumnaW4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sick.

Never seen anything like it. That balls on ebay in the morning :lol:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z_u7VGiMO0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Congratulations to Bubba Watson on becoming Masters Champion. A star has been born. That shot out of the woods in the play off was something else.

Not a fan of golf, but it was disappointing to see Oosthuizen come so close and lose.

Fair play to Bubba, The masters always pulls out at least one shot that we'll see over and over again this year we got two.
Louis lost it when he changed from a driver to a 3wood after Bubba hit the woods imo.

Of all the players to miss out Westwood and Harrington are the two who should have one it, Westwood took over twenty more putts than the field average this week and Harrington missed very make able birdies on 3,5,7,10,11 and 14 had he made 4 of them and not taken the DB on 18 he would have been in the play-off.

O.K so I've showed you all I'm a complete golf nerd I'll shut up now until the open. :D

Latest posts