• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Starting to hit the gym.

Starting again for this new year... Except I also have to train for the marathon simultaneously.

What's been working for everyone here?

I was planning:
Monday- Chest + Arms
Wednesday- Running
Thursday- Back
Friday- Legs
Sunday- Running

It's gonna be a horrible 4 months

LN7's workout

Monday:Chest and arms
Tuesday:Chest and arms
Wednesday:Run around like a dick at rugby
Thursday:Chest and arms
Friday:Run around like a dick at rugby
Saturday:Run around like a dick at rugby match then get jealous of my friends who drink that night.
Sunday:Chest and arms.

I wasted december...hardly lifted at all ... went back to UCD gym today...I have lost a few kg off almost all of my lifts.....I feel like **** now.
Aha, that was exactly me - think I went to the gym three times in December,
Went back this morning, lifting lighter than I was but I feel better for getting back in to the swing of things.

During exam period I'm just going to be going to the gym when I can (read: all the time because I'm crap at revising) but during term time:

Monday: Swim, Run
Tuesday: Cycling, Rugby training (when it's light enough to train in the evenings)
Wednesday: Back, Run
Thursday: Chest/Triceps, Cycling
Friday: Shoulders/Biceps, Rugby
Saturday: Rugby (until it's light enough to train in the evenings, then it'll be a rest day)
Sunday: Legs

Last edited:
Aha, that was exactly me - think I went to the gym three times in December,
Went back this morning, lifting lighter than I was but I feel better for getting back in to the swing of things.

During exam period I'm just going to be going to the gym when I can (read: all the time because I'm crap at revising) but during term time:

Monday: Swim, Run
Tuesday: Cycling, Rugby training (when it's light enough to train in the evenings)
Wednesday: Back, Run
Thursday: Chest/Triceps, Cycling
Friday: Shoulders/Biceps, Rugby
Saturday: Rugby (until it's light enough to train in the evenings, then it'll be a rest day)
Sunday: Legs

For the record the Chest arms thing was a joke...well sort of I do train them more than anything else but I do tend to broaden it out a bit more :p

I went all the time in december. Have a key to a gym here and its always completely empty, so im free to monopolise everything and create ridiculous super-mega sets. Progress was a bit slow at first, but then i started using this handy tool to construct and track my diet. Everythings going swimmingly now.

Right...I don't know what to do really...I'm looking pretty cut at the moment but I'm trying to bulk..however I'm considering trying to get a spot in the inter varsity boxing tournament Vs Trinity..So I'd be better off cutting Than working myself into light heavyweight category...

Gaaahh what to do

Wow the Transformations on that site are unbelievable, only thing is are they just ''beach bod'' workouts or can he alter them for certain sports? it'd be something worth checking out.
Could we got an update on the beach bod please mate? Should be pretty baywatch by now right?

Latest posts