• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Starting to hit the gym.

Well, going for runs every morning has taken it out of me. My legs are dead.

I'm going on a 45km bike ride tomorrow morning starting a 6am. I haven't ridden a bicycle for any real distance (not including in the gym) for probably about eight years, so this may kill me...

In terms of results, been slow progress. Partly because I'm lazy, I've eaten very few carbs as I've skipped pretty much all meal time till dinner (usually a salad with chicken or canned salmon/tuna which means I'm not really gaining much muscle but that's not really my goal. Lost a little weight, but am feelling the fitness returning.

I'm actually loving the gym these days... I feel my lifts improving constantly and it's mad ..

Well not really , I just quit drinking on weeknights which I had developed a pretty nasty habit of going through maybe 5 or six tins 3 or 4 times a week which coupled with shitty diet had me gaining a fair bit of fat.

Weekends I have a few pints to treat myself but have began making raw vodka the backbone of my night out.

Weekends are my binge days (carb up days), at least while I am doing this short burst on keto. I'm really looking forward to carbing up on Saturday/Sunday, I've already planned it, I'm going to go to the supermarket, buy about 8 of those muffins you get for about $1.00, then I'll go to Macca's and get two triple cheeseburgers, and I will smash it all down with a 2 litre bottle of chocolate milk.

Right this weekend has changed my mindset for some reason , I've decide I'm going to hit the gym ,not nessesarily for rugby but for vanity also...perhaps the wrong motivation but **** it It's honestly very rare I get motivated to do anything.

The missus is writing up a diet plan , I've taken the whole "before" Photos and now I'm ready to rock and roll , hitting UCD gym hard from now on ...

FML I hate when I get motivated.

Good luck mate. I have been weight training for a year and have literally changed my body. I also do it for vanity apart from it helping my rugby playing, it's amazing the amount of birds I am pulling by having lost the love handles and looking athletic.

Keep us posted. Cheers.

Manuel

My workout yesterday:
Bench Press 1-8 4-2
CG Chins 4-3
Body Rows
ss 3-10
Weigthed Push ups
21's with bb
1-50 pull downs

Still only 15 am 5 10 and 90kg but not amazing weights but still can feel it in arms and chest today.

So who is currently ripped then?

I'm looking at starting Keto , how does one do it ...

Don't eat any carbs, have a fair bit of protein and have as much fast as you want. That's pretty much it :p

Haven't been able to hit the gym much at all over the past few weeks - tonsillitis turned into a chest infection, and now I'm leading in to a truck load of deadlines and just don't have the time :(
Been doing circuits n the like at rugby training though, so I'm still keeping fit

Well I'm not ripped...yet :p

A bit of an update for the month...21 days/3 weeks left before I reach my last day for this year (which is ironically New Year's Eve) So I started off last month at 98kg and now I'm at 95kg with 27% of Body Fat...had a game two weeks ago and made it for the Semi's for Plate. Try my best to reach my goals which is 90kg by the end of the year...been lifting great but I guess financial setback kind off hinder my diet and nutrition so I ate moderately most of the time.

So how bout you guys? what are your goals for the end of the year and do you have plan out your workout for the coming month?

Squatted for the first time in aaaaaaaaaaaaaages yesterday, can barely get up out of a chair today though :lol:
Cheat and Triceps tomorrow

Uni has pretty much finished for me for Christmas now (got two deadlines and one seminar next week) so I can get back to it properly now

Squatted for the first time in aaaaaaaaaaaaaages yesterday, can barely get up out of a chair today though :lol:
Cheat and Triceps tomorrow

Uni has pretty much finished for me for Christmas now (got two deadlines and one seminar next week) so I can get back to it properly now

Yeah and I hope you'll have a banging Christmas mate! I know squats can sometimes be torturous but the pain of doing it feels darn good :D

Ah, I know - It hurts so good :p

I think it was the straight-leg/romanian deadlifts (depending what you call them) that got me the most - walking is very interesting with hamstrings like this :lol:

Ah, I know - It hurts so good :p

I think it was the straight-leg/romanian deadlifts (depending what you call them) that got me the most - walking is very interesting with hamstrings like this :lol:

making the girls (and certain boys) go DAMN! hahaha it's a bit vain but hey, you work for it so you better flaunt it while you have it :p Leg days are always awesome since we can always push more.

So who is currently ripped then?

I'm looking at starting Keto , how does one do it ...

Don't eat any carbs, have a fair bit of protein and have as much fast as you want. That's pretty much it :p

Sort of this. It's high fat, high protein, low carb, and I'd be looking at keeping it very, very close to 30g of carbs of lower a day. You also have to eat at a deficit which is rather close to your maintenance level calorie intake (you can work this out relatively easily with the use of google). When I was doing keto I'd eat something like this in a day:

Bacon and Eggs for breakfast with lots of mayonnaise
6 eggs and a tin of tuna for lunch
chicken breast for dinner
Lots of water

So, with the help of my friends, I have completely switched up my gym program. I was going 3 times a week and working out my whole body but only rather lightly, every time. Now I'm going to a different one (I graduated so I can't go to my university's anymore since I'm officially no longer a student) with some friends from work, who go almost every day but only do one or two parts of their body each time (but practically kill themselves). Today we did squats, deadlifts, and latissimus dorsi pulldowns until we could barely walk anymore and left.Feels good.

Well that's a good decision for your health and physic. I hope you must get started.

I wasted december...hardly lifted at all ... went back to UCD gym today...I have lost a few kg off almost all of my lifts.....I feel like **** now.

Latest posts