• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread 2

A

An Tarbh

OK this seems to have happened again, must be a problem with the other sports forum, don't know why though.

Anyway Everton again a laughing stock. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

An Tarbh

Scoreless draw between Newcastle and Charlton but more injury misery on Tyneside with Kieron Dyer out for another 3 weeks with a hamstring injury, at least he should be back for the Chelsea quarter final.

A

An Tarbh

Hopefully Chelsea will get through against Barcelona and then the FA Cup won't be as important in their list of priorities but it's looking like a long shot at this stage, so we'll be lambs to the slaughter.

T

The TRUTH

I dont see Chelsea scoring

T

The TRUTH

Only saw the last 20min but Liverpool beat City and Kewell scored so it all good :cheers:

G

getofmeland

Great Game by Liverpool, well worked out Goal by Kewell fantastic pass by Gerrard, to set it up...

Sending off of Joey Barton (Evertonian) was the right decision....

A

An Tarbh

I'm telling you sacking Souness was the best thing Newcastle could have done, 5 on the trot now and still the same amount of injuries as before, same team as before, it's tricky to work out what's changed :p .

More jeckyll and hyde from Arsenal beating Real on Tuesday and losing to Blackburn yesterday.

R

Ripper

Now we just need Owen to stop stubbing a toe and missing a month of action because of it and we will be all set for next year.

R

Ripper

As long as we can atleast relieve some team of a reasonable sized amount of their transfer budget in exchange for his services, I will be happy... but I would much preferred he stays... as long as he stays healthy.

He's signed till 2008 isn't he?

S

St Helens RLFC

Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 27 2006, 03:26 AM

He's signed till 2008 isn't he?
But has a £12 million release contract if Liverpool come knocking. Which I think we will.

S

St Helens RLFC

Surely you're not going to fall for Fat Freddie's downright lies again, are you?

A

An Tarbh

He's a stupid prick, but he's not that stupid that he'd spend €25 million on a player and allow him to leave for £17.5 million a year later

S

St Helens RLFC

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 27 2006, 12:42 PM
He's a stupid prick, but he's not that stupid that he'd spend €25 million on a player and allow him to leave for £17.5 million a year later
The loss will have been eradicated by shirt sales, season ticket sales and more bums on seats.

S

St Helens RLFC

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Feb 27 2006, 12:47 PM
Owen doesn't get bums on seats, they're there regardless.
I remember DEFINITELY reading an article at the start of the season saying that there were a lot of season tickets spare at Newcastle, until Owen signed.

A

An Tarbh

Yeah but not selling season tickets doens't automatically mean that the crowds will be down, when tickets go on public sale for a match, with the exception of the cup competitions, the ground will always be full. Just take Saturday as an example.