• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread 2

Bolton 0 - 2 Chelsea

Over.

Anyone who says otherwise is a deluded Manc scumbag.

Well I'm no Manc scumbab but Chelsea have the ominous task of facing Everton and wankstain in their next 2 matches and losses there puts massive pressure on the special one and his shower of cheating ********. Not over yet I tells ya. :p

i dont know, as much as id like to agree with you, i think its over.

but being welsh i always keep believing and hoping. , if united beat spurs and chelsea slip up against the toffes, then who knows? it could happen, but you look at chelsea and the players mourinhos bought with his blood money and youd have to say there too strong.

yeah and Ireland COULD beat New Zealand but we both know that realistically that isn't going to happen.

Seriously though it should be all over tomorow, I can see Spurs getting a point out of that game and Chelsea at home don't lose to teams like Everton so it's back to back ***les for the special one.

Originally posted by loratadine@Apr 16 2006, 11:31 AM
the players mourinhos bought with his blood money and youd have to say there too strong.
What blood money?

Blood money - that is funny!

I wonder if Chelsea continues to dominate (damn them) in the Premiership when the media will start calling for a salary cap?

I personally don't think that this will ever happen but it is funny whenever they start talking about it.

Personally I believe that the tactics were the key to last seasons success for chelsea, as nobody excepted what they were doing, and this season if you notice that they have tried to play the same tactics, and smaller teams have managed to beat them... Its not all to do with players, cos you can have the most expensive team in the world, and still lose and not win a trophy (REAL MADRID), but of course if you have a good tactician as a manager and the expensive players you will have a better chance of winning... for instance you look at the Liverpool side which won the Champions League last season, there was only a handful of world class players in that squad, but the tactics that were used by one of the Greatest Tacticians around at the moment, managed to get the team to play as a team... As Brian Clough once said you cant buy a team, you can buy the worlds greatest players, but if they dont play as a team they arent gonna do anything....

I feel Mourinho is fantastic Tactician but feel Rafa is a better one

Well, the ***le is almost over. It will be fitting for Chelsea to get the result they need against United. I think it will be very funny, in fact.

LMFAO @ Arse v Spurs... Listening to what Chris Camara has to say is the greatest thing in the world! :lol:

Well, Arsenal and the Spuds have drawn 1-1. A better result for the latter than the former.

credit : skysports.com

Claude Makelele has issued a bitter attack in the direction of Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

The normally reserved Frenchman is not noted for his outbursts in the press, but Makelele is clearly not an admirer of the Old Trafford taskmaster.

With Chelsea looking all set to wrap up a second successive Premiership ***le, the influential midfielder has taken the opportunity to unleash a verbal riposte at Ferguson.

Makelele has not been impressed with Ferguson's attempts to unnerve Chelsea this season and concluded that the Scottish tactician's words have merely been laughed off by those at Stamford Bridge.

''I saw what Ferguson was saying before we won at Bolton and I was laughing,'' he told the News of the World.

''I thought the guy was really funny. Maybe even ridiculous.

''I didn't bother watching the Sunderland game, though I had a right laugh when I heard that United had flopped again.

''It must have been the ref again or did Ferguson not whinge this time?''

Continuing his lambast at the Old Trafford outfit, Makelele claims Jose Mourinho stands head and shoulders above his older counterpart and that the West Londoners are also on a higher footing than their northern equivalents.

''It took Ferguson seven years to win the league, it took Mourinho eight months,'' he concluded.

''It must have given Ferguson a complex. But they should get used to second.

''We will win the league because we have the better players, the better manager and the better team.

''Chelsea are not arrogant. Arrogance is to go public and say another team will lose and then lose yourself.

''Only losers do that. In that sense you could say Ferguson is a loser.''

Originally posted by BBC Sport
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has claimed the Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award.

It is the first time the 25-year-old has been named player of the year by his peers, although he was Young Player of the Year in 2001.

Gerrard, who a day earlier helped Liverpool win their FA Cup semi-final, said: "I am still in shock.

"To go through to another FA Cup final and win this special award in the same weekend is fantastic for me."

Wayne Rooney, the 20-year-old Manchester United striker, won the PFA Young Player of the Year award for the second successive season.

Rooney had been a contender for the senior player of the year prize - along with Gerrard, Arsenal striker Thierry Henry and the Chelsea trio Joe Cole, Frank Lampard and John Terry, who won last year.

Gerrard was third in last season's vote but then went on to guide the Reds to Champions League victory against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Players receive two votes and Gerrard revealed that he had voted for Henry and England team-mate Rooney.

Manchester United star Rooney said he was pleased to again pick up the young player prize.

"To win it twice on the run is a great honour and I am delighted with the award," Rooney said.

He beat off competition from Charlton striker Darren Bent, team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, Tottenham's Aaron Lennon, Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas and West Ham defender Anton Ferdinand.

Rooney added: "I voted for Fabregas, but it was close between him and Darren Bent."

It was no surprise that champions Chelsea had the most players named in the Premiership Team of the Year in the shape of John Terry, William Gallas, Joe Cole and Frank Lampard.

Newcastle's Shay Given was picked in goal while Wigan full-back Pascal Chimbonda was also included after a solid season for Paul Jewell's side.

But Wigan star Chimbonda fears it has come too late to land him a place in France's World Cup squad.

He said: "I have not given up hope. The window is still open, but the manager tends to look at the bigger players at the bigger clubs.

"Maybe he did not think Wigan would do as well as they have, so in that respect it will hardly be a surprise if I don't make it.

"But it's such a big honour. To make it into the PFA team means it has been a fantastic season, with a lot of pleasure derived from the fact the team have stayed up.

"To do so well has been a massive surprise. I was expecting a battle against relegation, so the way the season has gone, it has been far beyond my expectations."

Well done Stevie G, Well deserved been the most inspirational player of the last year, the driving force of Liverpool and hopefully the driving force of England in the Summer...

The Premiership Team of the Year:
Shay Given (Newcastle), Pascal Chimbonda (Wigan), John Terry (Chelsea), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), William Gallas (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 18 2006, 08:28 AM
If Vidic plays in that game, I dread to think how many Chelski will score... :ph34r:
To be fair, I think Nemanja has been one of our outstanding defenders this season. Rio's been a victim of his own lack of concentration once too often, Silvestre belongs at left back and Wes Brown has been injured too much.

vidic, is a tremendous defender. and hes is just about now finding his feet, you will regret saying that in a few years when vidic is one of the greatest defenders in the world.

Latest posts