• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread 2

Seems Chelsea have sealed the deal for another Midfielder, one who I always considered would end up at Manchester United, and would of made a good replacement for Roy Keane. But obviously Money talks for him..

I am Talking about Michael Ballack

Originally posted by Sky Sports
Following his agent's claims earlier this week, Bayern Munich star man Michael Ballack has confirmed that he is in "serious" talks with Chelsea.

The Germany captain has been increasingly linked with a transfer to London, and the midfielder has confirmed that he may be set to move to Stamford Bridge.

The 29-year-old told journalists in Munich that he and his agent Michael Becker were yet to clinch a deal with the English champions.

"Nothing has been decided yet and nothing signed but I'm in serious talks with Chelsea," he said at a book presentation in Munich.

Ballack admitted that he had been in direct communication with Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho.

"We've talked. You can assume that I had a good feeling during that conversation."

Ballack's contract at Bayern will run out in the summer, and it is rumoured that he has refused an offer of â'¬36 million to extend a deal with the German champions.

He was then being accused of being a money grabber, the german boss uli hoeness said so, and rightly so. Footballers are massively overpaid.

BM

Ballack is a very similar player to most of the Midfielders they already have, especially big fat frank, although I would rate Ballack over Fat Frank anyday, could we see Fat Frank going to Barcalona??? it wouldnt suprise me

Centre midfield is an area where Chelsea have obvious weakness though. Who can possibly fill that role except Lampard, Essien, Makelele, Gudjohnsen, Maniche...

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Apr 14 2006, 02:30 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Apr 13 2006, 03:05 PM
i hate chelsea.
Jealous. [/b]
I hate them becuase they have bought their success you might thinks there is nothing wrong with that but i do... any team could do it if they had a russian multi-billionaire

Ballack would be a great signing for them and all,and i'd much rather see him there than at Man U.... but i dont think they'll win a CL ***le until they get a quality striker.

Crespo is a quality finisher, but they just dont have a striker who can create a goal out of nothing.Thats what i'd be looking for if were Jose.

Yeah it's been hilarious with Ballack coming out and saying this move isn't about the money. My arse it isn't. Why the hell is he going there, the class facilities or the improvements that will no doubt come in his diving.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Apr 15 2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah it's been hilarious with Ballack coming out and saying this move isn't about the money. My arse it isn't. Why the hell is he going there, the class facilities or the improvements that will no doubt come in his diving.
he wants to play at the top of the world could be a possible explanation

after all the premiership is the most watched league in the world and all that good ****, if it was up to you, bundesliga or premiership take your pick..

albeit bayern is one hell of a club, with a great fanbase

but if it was up to me, i would deff. take less money to play for chelsea than more to play for bayern

So Lora.

For all your boasting and bragging, after drawing 0-0 with Sunderland (who were relegated as a result), do you still think you will win the ***le?

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Apr 15 2006, 09:16 AM
Well, unless Bolton perform a mitracle today, the ***le race is definately over.
Thank you.

A Manc talking sense.

Massive day for relegation issues today:

Barclays Premiership
Arsenal v West Brom, 15:00
Bolton v Chelsea, 12:45
Everton v Tottenham, 15:00
Fulham v Charlton, 15:00
Newcastle v Wigan, 15:00
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 15:00
West Ham v Man City, 15:00

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 15 2006, 04:48 PM
Massive day for relegation issues today:

Barclays Premiership
Arsenal v West Brom, 15:00
Bolton v Chelsea, 12:45
Everton v Tottenham, 15:00
Fulham v Charlton, 15:00
Newcastle v Wigan, 15:00
Portsmouth v Middlesbrough, 15:00
West Ham v Man City, 15:00
Relegation matches are some of the best games i've seen.

The ***le race may have been over a long time ago,but we still got some great games to come.

Today for me as a Liverpool Fan, Football is not important.... its the 17th Anniversary of the worst disaster in English Football and I hope we never see anything like it again...

R.I.P 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally posted by getofmeland@Apr 15 2006, 10:32 AM
Today for me as a Liverpool Fan, Football is not important.... its the 17th Anniversary of the worst disaster in English Football and I hope we never see anything like it again...

R.I.P 96 - You'll Never Walk Alone
I fully endorse this sentiment.

Latest posts