• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2005-2006 thread 2

All done and dusted pretty much after today with Chelsea securing the ***le and West Brom and Birmingham both having their relegation confirmed after Pompey sealed an away win at Wigan.

Only thing left now for decision is the European places especially the battle for the fourth champions league spot.

Given time I'm sure he'll be a good centre half, but for the meantime I'm delighted to have secured the purchase of Daniel Agger instead.

Originally posted by skysports.com
Van Nistelrooy's United exit

van_nistelrooy_bottlebench.jpg

Ruud van Nistelrooy has driven away from Manchester United's final game of the season against Charlton Athletic.

The Dutchman was suspected to be playing his last game at Old Trafford as things have not seemed right with United's top scorer since he was left out of the starting line-up for the Carling Cup final.

Louis Saha has often been preferred to the prolific striker and his body language has hinted that a summer move is on the cards.

United have confirmed the 29-year-old left the ground ahead of the clash with Charlton, with Giuseppe Rossi earning his first start in The Premiership alongside Louis Saha.

There was also a surprise place for Paul Scholes on the bench, alongside Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Sir Alex Ferguson was critical of van Nistelrooy after his penalty miss in the draw with Middlesbrough left United needing to win on Sunday to guarantee second place.

It has not been confirmed whether the former PSV Eindhoven star was left on the bench for the season finale, hence his disappearance.

"We can confirm Ruud van Nistelrooy has gone home," said a United statement.

"The club will be making no further comment as we are concentrating on today's game."

Van Nistelrooy completed the 90 minutes against Middlesbrough but, perhaps tellingly, moved towards the bench when Rossi was stripped and ready to come on, expecting to be withdrawn, only for Saha to be replaced instead.

Well, I'm not entirely supprised. He's been crap since 2 seasons ago, being unseated by Saha is testiment to that, so I can see a move to Real on the cards very soon.

All the better as Rossi will finally get some games.

The Final Table looks like this after a day of Up and downs..

1 Chelsea 38 50 91
2 Man Utd 38 38 83
3 Liverpool 38 32 82
4 Arsenal 38 37 67
5 Tottenham 38 15 65
6 Blackburn 38 9 63
7 Newcastle 38 5 58
8 Bolton 38 8 56
9 West Ham 38 -3 55
10 Wigan 38 -7 51
11 Everton 38 -15 50
12 Fulham 38 -10 48
13 Charlton 38 -14 47
14 Middlesbrough 38 -10 45
15 Man City 38 -5 43
16 Aston Villa 38 -13 42
17 Portsmouth 38 -25 38
18 Birmingham 38 -22 34
19 West Brom 38 -27 30
20 Sunderland 38 -43 15

Talk of a Torres + Cash swap in the pipelines as well, Ruud might want to move to Madrid but I doubt he had his heart set on Athletico, wouldn't say all is well in his head at the moment.

But Teh Mite, he scores goals, he has scored 21 this season and barely played!

Yeah but if he's such a negative influence on the dressing room then he has to go.

Truth seems to be coming out with this Van Nistelrooy bustup. Seems to be due to the fact that Van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo can't stand the sight of each other. Apparently in January he had a punch up in training with Ronaldo, Ronaldo held onto the ball too long, this ****** off Ruud, bit of slagging follows as does the punch up and Ruud taunts Ronaldo even more by telling him to run to his Dad, in this case Queiroz. Ronaldo, not being the brightest button in the box replies I don't have a Dad, he's dead.

Eeyore, eeyore, eeyore!

I suspect that most United fans would rather keep hold of Van Nistelrooy than One Trick.

Originally posted by DC13@May 10 2006, 12:52 AM
my predictions for next year

my boys wigan will win the premiership..
And Man City will secure a Champions League position. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DC13@May 10 2006, 12:52 AM
my predictions for next year

my boys wigan will win the premiership..
Sorry but I thought you supported Chelsea???

Latest posts